Ok crafty people - what would you do with this

Old February 4th 04, 11:54 PM
Cheryl Isaak

Default Ok crafty people - what would you do with this

I buy rice, in bulk, that comes in a nice burlap bag, complete with a
zipper.

Any thoughts on how to re-use this?

Cheryl

Old February 5th 04, 12:47 AM
Patricia Rogers

The rice or the bag?

Pat in Illinois running and ducking

Old February 5th 04, 01:09 AM
Dr. Brat

Cheryl Isaak wrote:
I buy rice, in bulk, that comes in a nice burlap bag, complete with a
zipper.

Any thoughts on how to re-use this?

Burlap is for hooking designs on with wool strips.

Elizabeth
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Old February 5th 04, 01:21 AM
Cheryl Isaak

The rice was delicious! Korma, biranyi, curries......

Old February 5th 04, 02:43 AM
Bonnie

I've seen rice in those burlap bags and thought I would buy one next time we
make a trip to a Sam's. I don't know if theirs has a zipper in it tho. I
don't know what I would do with the bag, either. I think I just want to
HAVE it. Maybe frame it.....not stretched, but just pressed under the
glass...and hang in the kitchen.

Bonnie

Old February 5th 04, 11:39 AM
Cheryl Isaak

Definitely a "country" kitchen look.
If you want the bag, email off line! I liked it better when it was the
"original" bags, not the "Berkley and Jensen" brand.

I've bought jasmine and basmati rice in the 25 pound bags - takes too long
to eat it all though. I almost never buy "white" rice anymore - no flavor.

Cheryl

Old February 5th 04, 11:49 AM
Caryn

I buy rice, in bulk, that comes in a nice burlap bag, complete with a
zipper.

Any thoughts on how to re-use this?

I once did a Mosey N Me design that used all Rainbow Gallery fibers on
burlap...or something darned close!

Caryn
Blue Wizard Designs
http://hometown.aol.com/crzy4xst/index.html
Updated: 7/7/03 -- now available Dragon of the Stars
View WIPs at: http://community.webshots.com/user/carynlws (Caryn's UFO's)