Wish me luck!

Old June 21st 11, 09:18 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Joan E.[_2_]

Default Wish me luck!

Today is the day I can enter stuff in our county fair. I will be
entering 3 stitched projects: the pink baby afghan with cs'd animals
on it (pics in rctnp or my webshots album...search ndjoan), my DGD's
cs animal book (the animals are in webshots, too, but not the front
and back covers or the completed book) and the canvaswork SAL.
Unfortunately, I haven't taken any pics of the book or the SAL, so
I'll have to wait until I get them back and (hopefully) take pics with
their ribbons! I'm also entering some pinks and peonies.

Joan, keeping my fingers crossed!
Old June 23rd 11, 10:38 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Joan E.[_2_]

On Jun 22, 1:59*pm, "Ellice K." wrote:

Well, of course wishing you luck - or better the benefit of good judges!
Sure your work is just lovely, and hope you get some ribbons - just remember
it's really about the joy of sharing your wonderful work - or something like
that ;^)

Thanks for the nice compliments, Ellice!

I got 3 blues, 1 red and 1 white

Blue (1st) ribbons for DGD's animal book, the geometric SAL and my
freshly-picked pinks, red (2nd) ribbon for the baby afghan with
animals cs'd on, and the white for my peonies. I think the peonies
had the most competition of all!

All in all a successful fair (if you don't count the weather....they
had to cancel the midway because of the rain/mud!)

Joan
Old June 25th 11, 05:41 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Liz from Humbug

On Jun 23, 2:38*pm, "Joan E." wrote:
On Jun 22, 1:59*pm, "Ellice K." wrote:

Well, of course wishing you luck - or better the benefit of good judges!
Sure your work is just lovely, and hope you get some ribbons - just remember
it's really about the joy of sharing your wonderful work - or something like
that ;^)

Thanks for the nice compliments, Ellice!

I got 3 blues, 1 red and 1 white

Blue (1st) ribbons for DGD's animal book, the geometric SAL and my
freshly-picked pinks, red (2nd) ribbon for the baby afghan with
animals cs'd on, and the white for my peonies. *I think the peonies
had the most competition of all!

All in all a successful fair (if you don't count the weather....they
had to cancel the midway because of the rain/mud!)

Joan

Congratulations!!!!!!!! Sorry they had to cancel the midway; that's
the part I'd miss the least but I hear that it brings in lots of money
for the counties. I'll be demonstrating at the fair but don't think
I'll have anything to enter this year.

Liz from Humbug
Old June 27th 11, 04:38 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Joan E.[_2_]

On Jun 24, 11:41*pm, Liz from Humbug wrote:

Congratulations!!!!!!!! *Sorry they had to cancel the midway; that's
the part I'd miss the least but I hear that it brings in lots of money
for the counties.

Thanks, Liz! As it turned out, they closed the midway Wed. night and
Sunday afternoon. Thurs.-Sat. it was nice and they had a good
turnout.

I'll be demonstrating at the fair but don't think I'll have anything to enter this year.

You might be surprised if you start thinking about it. I didn't think
I had anything, either, until I remembered the afghan and then was
digging around in my stitching cabinet and ran across the canvas
piece!

What are you demonstrating?

Joan
Old June 27th 11, 04:39 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Joan E.[_2_]

On Jun 25, 2:03*pm, "Ellice K." wrote:

Sounds pretty darn good! *Hopefully you're not being washed away in the
floods. *Be proud, I know all those pieces are lovely....

Thanks!

We're very wet but the flooding is about 200 miles west of us. I
posted more about that in the "Hello from Tia Mary" thread.

Joan
Old June 27th 11, 05:28 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Joan E.[_2_]

On Jun 21, 3:18*pm, "Joan E." wrote:

Unfortunately, I haven't taken any pics of the book or the SAL,

Pics now taken and posted in my webshots album and rctnp. I
remembered that the canvas piece wasn't a SAL, though. It was a
freebie design. I love the colors in it.

Joan

Old June 27th 11, 07:28 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Gillian Murray

On 6/23/2011 5:38 PM, Joan E. wrote:
On Jun 22, 1:59 pm, "Ellice wrote:

Well, of course wishing you luck - or better the benefit of good judges!
Sure your work is just lovely, and hope you get some ribbons - just remember
it's really about the joy of sharing your wonderful work - or something like
that ;^)

Thanks for the nice compliments, Ellice!

I got 3 blues, 1 red and 1 white

Blue (1st) ribbons for DGD's animal book, the geometric SAL and my
freshly-picked pinks, red (2nd) ribbon for the baby afghan with
animals cs'd on, and the white for my peonies. I think the peonies
had the most competition of all!

All in all a successful fair (if you don't count the weather....they
had to cancel the midway because of the rain/mud!)

Joan

Way to go, Joan. You do such super work, I knew you would come home
bedecked with ribbons!!

Gill

wish me luck Musicmaker Quilting 28 October 16th 09 01:50 PM
Wish Me Luck!!!! Kate G.[_2_] Quilting 9 February 15th 08 05:53 PM
Please wish me luck J M Pottery 7 April 19th 06 12:18 PM
wish me luck! judy in fort worth Quilting 10 June 1st 05 08:26 PM
Wish me luck Mystified One Quilting 30 April 25th 05 04:41 PM