OT Ping Bronywn in QLD

Old October 9th 04, 04:31 AM
melinda

Default OT Ping Bronywn in QLD

I hope you're coping with the smoke and bushfires okay,
saw a report on the news last night it looks fairly serious.

--
Melinda
http://cust.idl.com.au/athol
Old October 9th 04, 06:11 AM
Sharon Harper

Same goes to Nocturnal as well - Charlie you know that you, Bronnie and the
families (and also the quilts!) are welcome to escape to cool Victoria!!!

--
Sharon from Melbourne Australia
Queen of Down Under

Old October 10th 04, 01:02 AM
Bronwyn Ferrier Ms

melinda wrote in message ...
I hope you're coping with the smoke and bushfires okay,
saw a report on the news last night it looks fairly serious.

Thanks Melinda and Sharon for your concern. Much appreciated.
Nocturnal and I live in 'suburbia' altho' there is bush around us we
are fairly well protected. Smoke hung over the city for most of the
day on Thu/Fri and on Sat we got a cool southerly change which has
helped firefighters. But no precipation. Weather forecasters are
saying that is still some weeks away. 8 homes were lost in the wider
region, very sad, no loss of life fortunately.
Cheers
Bronnie
Old October 10th 04, 10:09 PM
Nocturnal

The other day as I was hanging my washing on the line there was a huge
cloud of smoke to the back of my place.
I pity those people who live in the bush and have to deal with these
fires, apparantly the smoke I saw was from "back burning" that got out
of control.
My DD lives in the bush, and each summer I get so worried as to what
could happen, I even get scared driving to her place , Hubby says if I
get caught to just turn around and come back home!!! yea right! there
are some places on the way to my DD that you just cant turn around,
dont think he takes that into consideration.
It isn't even summer yet, this year it is going to be a terrible fire
season as everywhere is so dry.
Luckily as Bronnie says we live in suburia so we dont face the same
danger as others do, Thank Heavens ! I feel for those who do.

OT..... My DD phoned me yesterday to say that her horse "Kisha" gave
birth to a little Filly, 3 white socks and a lovely pale chesnut. They
are going to call her "Midnight Gleaming"

Old October 11th 04, 02:31 PM
nana2b

Congrats Nocturnal! You are a Granny! Giddyup! Linda

Ping KDK OT Dr. Sooz Beads 3 January 15th 05 05:39 PM
Ping Bookwyrm Kandice Seeber Beads 1 January 8th 05 12:33 AM
ping Kathy NV Letrinka Beads 13 December 24th 04 04:09 AM
Ping: Kathy NV Barbara Forbes-Lyons Beads 0 October 4th 04 02:35 AM
Ping: Barbara ans njb. I told you. See. Al Kyder Glass 1 September 12th 03 09:39 PM