hug quilt

Old September 27th 05, 12:28 AM
Stephen Williams

Default hug quilt

Iam new to this newsgroup. What is a HUG quilt?

Peggy

Old September 27th 05, 01:05 AM
D Curtis

Welcome Peggy. Have a seat (scooch over a bit everyone and pass the
choccies or licorice... yes, Bfly, you might have to share)
Ok.. a Hug is a wonderful group effort to envelope someone in a big
transition point in their lives. Those who feel moved to do so send
blocks of a specified size(s) and color(s) to the Hug hostess and they
assemble them into a magical quilt which is then presented to the person
or couple it was made for.
Usually the Hug's hostess is the one who gets this urge to make a Hug
and the call goes out via email thru the Keeper of the Hug List (thats
Karen) or it can be done publically. Anyone who feels that they want to
contribute to the Hug effort can do so.
I hope others will chime in and elaborate.
Diana

Old September 27th 05, 02:33 AM
Butterfly

Since you asked so nicely, I will share.....now to remind DH to bring some
more home......... (Good 'n Plenty--hope that is ok )

Butterfly (so I did NOT put it on the shopping list this go round---)

Old September 27th 05, 02:36 AM
Butterfly

Welcome Peggy : ) I'm sure you will enjoy this wild wacky bunch sittin round
this here king-size-cyber-quilt-frame. And since you love licorice---you can
sit next to me if you want...I do share my horde of it

Butterfly (chairs are hanging up on the wall--grab yourself one and bring it
on over)

Old September 27th 05, 03:35 AM
D Curtis

It has been years since I have had Good and Plenty, but remember it as
being a most intense licorice flavored goody. Thats just fine with me. I
remember trying some whips and was so unimpressed, insipid isnt how I
think of licorice. Thanks so much for sharing!
Diana, who also likes choccies

Old September 27th 05, 07:55 AM
Patti

Lovely description Diana.
The process is usually kept 'secret' from the Huggee.
..
In message , D Curtis
writes

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old September 27th 05, 01:24 PM
Pat in Virginia

Very good description Diana! The call can go out thru one's own
E-mail too. BTW Peggy, the REASON for a Hug quilt can be sad
(death, disaster, divorce) or happy (marriage, baby) or "just
because" .... all are wonderful.
PAT

Old September 27th 05, 11:09 PM
AliceW

That's my DHs favorite movie candy. I have a "movie tote" that I use to
sneak in our treats since you need a second mortgage to buy theatre candy.
With tickets here at 9 bucks a piece for evening shows (6 bucks for
matinees), a small popcorn is $4.75 and candy is $2 - $4 per box, it's a $50
night before you know it. My bag holds my water, a can of soda for DH and a
big box of Good and Plenty ($.99) for DH and a big box of Junior Mints
($1.19) for me.

--
Alice in NJ, Royal Cybrarian
http://www.ourcyberfamily.us/

:

Old October 2nd 05, 07:18 AM
Sharon Harper

A HUG (yes it must be in capitals) is the most amazing gift that this group
of girls and boys (there are a few!!) can give to someone. Just looking at
one, you can feel the love and caring radiating from it. It ooozes warmth
and kindness and love and friendship and.....I could go on and on and on.
They are very very special and to be a part of making one is an honour. To
receive one is well....

--
Sharon from Melbourne Australia (Queen of Down Under) (still searching for
the right word....and still grinning like a lottery winner)

Old October 2nd 05, 04:14 PM
Butterfly

To receive one is what makes you:
"Still grinning"
even on your worstest days.
Thus the magic of a HUG.
Just an aside: Mr Joe had another treatment and is doing much better. He now
will be getting them every 6 weeks instead of 8 and when the next 'new med'
comes out--he will be getting it to see if it works better than Remicade.

Butterfly (still grinning and so is Mr Joe)

u...