Nyssa's LONG-long-long Scarf

Old April 23rd 04, 04:48 PM
Noreen's Knit*che

Default Nyssa's LONG-long-long Scarf

I've put Nyssa's pix of her long-long-long scarf up:

http://fire.prohosting.com/knitche/scarfdetail1.jpg

http://fire.prohosting.com/knitche/scarfdetail2.jpg

http://fire.prohosting.com/knitche/acarfdetail3.jpg

http://fire.prohosting.com/knitche/longscarf1.jpg

http://fire.prohosting.com/knitche/longscarf2.jpg

http://fire.prohosting.com/knitche/longscarf3.jpg

http://fire.prohosting.com/knitche/longscarf4.jpg

Enjoy!
Noreen
who had the room, but WILL take them down, eventually....

--
http://www.freewebs.com/knitche/
~ ~ ~
http://www.mailermailer.com/x?oid=17981f
(to sign up for my NewsLetter!)
~ ~ ~
http://noreensknitche.weblogs.us/
http://www.mblog.com/noreens_knitche
http://noreensknitche.ceejaycee.net
~ ~ ~
http://www.hostultra.com/~knitche
http://www.sharemation.com/knitche
http://fire.prohosting.com/knitche
http://mail2office.tripod.com/noreensknitche
~ ~ ~
http://mail2office.tripod.com/musings
http://noreens-knitche.blogspot.com
~ ~ ~
change n e t to c o m to email me.
Old April 23rd 04, 05:29 PM
Seaspray

Wow, that sure is a beautiful scarf. How long did it take to complete?
Very, very, nice work. Thanks for the pics.

Sea

Old April 23rd 04, 05:51 PM
NoraBalcer

Hi Nyssa & Noreen,

First Noreen, thanks for posting the pics.

Second, Nyssa, that is beautiful and you are right, it's long, but I love it.
Great work.

Hugs,

Nora
Old April 23rd 04, 07:42 PM
Katherine

Noreen's Knit*che wrote:
I've put Nyssa's pix of her long-long-long scarf up:

Good heavens!!! How long did that take????

Katherine

Old April 23rd 04, 09:08 PM
Nyssa

"Seaspray" seasidestitcher at yahoo dot com wrote:

Wow, that sure is a beautiful scarf. How long did it take to complete?
Very, very, nice work. Thanks for the pics.

Sea

I worked on it on-and-off over a month or so. It went quickly
on big needles. It was a pick-up project I could work on whenever
I got restless with this move and other stuff I've been dealing
with over the winter.

Details for those interested:
Yarn used was Bernat Coordinates Sports Weight, Color 1200.
80% acrylic 20% Acetate (it has a slight shimmery look like
rayon and is a boucle type)
6 oz./170gms = 510 yards/466 meters
Needles used were US11/8mm

Finished size: 10 inches/25.5cm wide and 9 ft.1 inch(109inches)
long/2.76 meters

Luckily it's very lightweight and srunchable, so it doesn't
feel too heavy when you wrap it multiple times around your
neck. And there's still plenty of it to hang loose.

Glad everyone likes it. Maybe I should offer it as a prize
in an online contest. LOL!

Nyssa
At River's End
http://nyssa.cnc.net
Old April 23rd 04, 09:19 PM
bibe

Noreen's Knit*che wrote in news:8m68n3c0ecbw
:

I've put Nyssa's pix of her long-long-long scarf up:

http://fire.prohosting.com/knitche/scarfdetail1.jpg

snip

I love long scrafs. It's very pretty. I like the color also.
Good job ^_^

Old April 23rd 04, 11:34 PM
spampot

Nyssa wrote:
[...]

It looks like the perfect combination shawl/train for a bride!

Old April 24th 04, 01:04 AM
JJMolvik

"spampot" wrote in message
Nyssa wrote:
[...]