Somewhat OT - Cute QI stories...

Old June 21st 04, 01:38 AM
Renee Clark

Default Somewhat OT - Cute QI stories...

Since we're trying to convince Polly Esther that a new QI (or several!) is
the way to go, I thought it might be nice to share cute QI stories. Since
I'm completely besotted with my boys, I'll start.

Simon and Sonny, my first two kitties, are brothers. In fact, they're so
close that I refer to them as 'one cat in two bodies'. I've had cats all my
life (except while I was at university), but I'd never seen this before, and
think it's absolutely adorable.

All four of my cats sleep in bed with me (actually, so does the dog... until
she thinks I'm asleep, then she's off to the couch in the den!). When nature
calls in the middle of the night, either Sonny or Simon, whichever brother
needs to go, will wake up the other one. Both cats will go off to the
bathroom, where I keep their litter box, and the one who doesn't need to go
will sit in the middle of the bathroom floor, waiting patiently for the
other, until they both come back to bed. Truth can be stranger than fiction!

Blessings,
Renée
Besotted QI Mummy of Simon(tabby and white, 1 1/2 yrs old), Sonny(Orange and
white, Simon's brother), Stuart Little (black and white, 3 yrs old), Sambro
(pewter grey, 10 months old), and Paisley (9 year old terrier mix)

*You can see my hairy kids at:
http://community.webshots.com/script...iewall&albumID
=95271943

Old June 21st 04, 02:22 AM
Sharon Harper

Yup definitely cute. What would be cuter was if they woke the dog to go
too!!

--
Sharon From Melbourne Australia (Queen of Down Under)
http://www.geocities.com/shazrules/craft.html

Old June 21st 04, 02:50 AM
Polly Esther

I'm not sure that was an encouraging thing to remind me of. When Sweet Pea
was awake, always first, he appointed himself the family alarm clock and he
took no slack. Everybody got up. Or else. Naps were acceptable but there
were no late sleepers around here. Polly
"Renee Clark" wrote Since we're trying to convince Polly Esther that a

Old June 21st 04, 03:02 AM
QuiltShopHopper

When nature
calls in the middle of the night, either Sonny or Simon, whichever brother
needs to go, will wake up the other one. Both cats will go off to the
bathroom, where I keep their litter box, and the one who doesn't need to

go
will sit in the middle of the bathroom floor, waiting patiently for the
other, until they both come back to bed. Truth can be stranger than

fiction!

That must be where my husband learned that from.

Old June 21st 04, 07:49 AM
Kate Dicey

Renee Clark wrote:

[...]

Many years ago when we were packing to go on holiday, our first cat,
Marmalade, decided to come too, and packed himself in DH's back pack!
We did manage to fish him out in time...

Just a few weeks ago when James was packing for camp, Cornflake tried
the same trick. I fished him out of James's bag several times.

Cornflake is daft. One fine morning, when he and Sugar Puff were still
quite new, she decided it was now time to explore the outside world.
From the cat nest (off the floor on top of the tumble dryer) she
climbed up the stack of stuff to the window, and made her escape via the
fan light... On the outside, she made her way to ground level via the
hanging basket and the garden table. Cornflake tried to follow her, but
as he was a leeetle bit bigger and heavier, he made the basket swing!
he yowelled! When I found him swinging at head height, he was clinging
on with his paws, looking very silly! I was cruel - I left him there
and grabbed the camera! Somewhere I still have that photo!

Last summer Sugar Puff discovered the fanlight into the living room was
open all the time, and made her way back indoors on several occasions
when we'd put her out for the evening. She hops up onto the top of the
fridge freezer and makes her way in from there... If Cornflake tries
it, we get bottles and juice cartons all over the floor!

--
Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk
Old June 21st 04, 12:15 PM
bogus address

Since we're trying to convince Polly Esther that a new QI (or several!)
is the way to go, I thought it might be nice to share cute QI stories.
Since I'm completely besotted with my boys, I'll start.

Simon and Sonny, my first two kitties, are brothers. In fact, they're
so close that I refer to them as 'one cat in two bodies'. I've had
cats all my life (except while I was at university), but I'd never
seen this before, and think it's absolutely adorable.

Our Zeke and Mingus were like that. They would always share things
they brought in. Zeke was strong and heavy and would catch large
slow-moving things; Mingus was skinny and quick on his feet, fast
enough to catch insects.

I once heard a tremendous banging and thumping in the hallway that
meant they were after something. It was a fly. Mingus splatted
it against a cupboard and then waited for Zeke to come along so
they could share it... the furry equivalent of offering your last
peppermint.

======== Email to "j-c" at this site; email to "bogus" will bounce ========
Jack Campin: 11 Third Street, Newtongrange, Midlothian EH22 4PU; 0131 6604760
http://www.purr.demon.co.uk/purrhome.html food intolerance data & recipes,
Mac logic fonts, Scots traditional music files and CD-ROMs of Scottish music.

Old June 22nd 04, 04:48 AM
Sudrlg

Hi Renee

Here is my 'dogs who share' story.
Samantha, my chow mix, is very emotional - and very attached to her biscuits.
When our elderly beagle, Hannah, was alive, Sam would race into the kitchen for

a biscuit, race back to Hannah and drop it off and then race back into the
kitchen for a biscuit for herself. Sometimes she would even open her mouth to
show me that the first biscuit was gone. I used to think that she wanted to
eat her biscuit in the living room - but finally I realized that she simply
wanted to make sure Hannah had hers first.
Hannah demanded - and got - mat service. She was actually the top dog - but I
didn't understand that until after she died, and Holly (our border collie mix)
jumped into this obvious power vacuum. Her first act as top dog - she changed
her eating
place to the living room where Hannah often ate.

Your kitties sound wonderful - no wonder you are in love.
Deena ( and Yoshi, Sam, and Holly) - in Philly