OT We're done, Jo and Susan next

Old January 3rd 10, 01:38 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Default OT We're done, Jo and Susan next

Proud to report that our granddaughter's wedding to-do was oh so lovely and
sweet and so far as I know, everyone survived. Profound heart-felt thank
you to you for your good wishes and prayers.
The veil - all 10 yards - that I hand hemmed and pearl edged was just
right.
The flower girl basket and ring bearers pillow were both pretty and
indestructible. (I have a heap of experience with indestructible.)
The bride was very grateful for the bling studded flip-flops I made for
when her bride shoes got pinchy.
The gown that Mr. Esther and I hemmed, pressed and managed to get to the
church unscathed was lovely.
Certainly more than enough about me. That was the sweetest wedding
we've ever been part of and the reception was obviously wonderful.
Something that so touched our hearts - the bride's daddy (our son)
didn't just 'offer the bride his arm' as they came down the aisle, he also
reached across to hold her hand. Lots of tears and laughter in the ceremony
and so beautiful.
NOW ! we can move on with other events such as Thanksgiving, Christmas,
Jo having a baby and Susan being mother of the groom.
I'm b - a - c - k. Polly

Old January 3rd 10, 01:45 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Louise in Iowa[_2_]

So glad to hear it went well and that it was a lovely day for your
granddaughter. May they have many, many more happy days!
--
Louise in Iowa
nieland1390@mchsi dot com

Old January 3rd 10, 01:52 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Michelle C.

Polly Esther wrote:
[...]

So glad to hear the wedding was such a lovely and perfect occasion.
Whew! :-)

Michelle in Nevada
Old January 3rd 10, 02:21 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy

In article ,
"Polly Esther" wrote:

[...]

And will there be photos????

--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://www.sandymike.net
Old January 3rd 10, 02:24 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
dealer83

On Jan 2, 7:38*pm, "Polly Esther" wrote:
[...]

The wedding sounds so beautiful and you sound so
happy......congratulations on surviving and for all the sewing you did
for the bride. I'm sure she must have been just thrilled with all you
did. Best wishes to the new couple! Donna
Old January 3rd 10, 02:41 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Number One grandson and his betrothed were there. I said, "Just name me the
price and I'll write you a check to elope". I hope they're thinking about
it. Polly

Old January 3rd 10, 02:44 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Naaaay, Michelle. I didn't say it was perfect. Sweet and beautiful, yes.
I don't EVER want to do that again. That production was just too hard on
everyone . . except the bride who thought it was all just wonderful. I can
remember being that young. Polly

"Michelle C." So glad to hear the wedding was such a lovely and perfect
occasion.
Whew! :-)

Michelle in Nevada

Old January 3rd 10, 02:56 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

"Sandy" wrote And will there be photos????
No, Sandy. I guess not. Maybe the word is 'aware' but I just wouldn't
ever feel comfortable publishing on the net the faces of my loved ones.
I'll always carry scars from my career days with some horrible creatures and
need to keep my little ones protected. You'll just have to trust me and
believe that I was Gorgeous and the bride even better. Polly

Old January 3rd 10, 03:03 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria[_2_]

Glad to hear your report. I was thinking of you today.
Sounds like a great day.

Old January 3rd 10, 03:09 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Well, Donna, I don't know. DH and I had to take a gown that cost more than
a nice house and make it so that the bride and her dad didn't trip coming
in. We managed a miracle of getting it just high enough at the center so
she could step and turn and never be overwhelmed by that mass of silk and
satin. DH and I called that creation the 'parachute'.
Maybe, one day, the bride will get to hem her own granddaughter's gown.
Then, probably and only then, will she know the absolute terror and joy of
what we did for her. Polly

"dealer83" The wedding sounds so beautiful and you sound so

SUSAN K Aud Yarn 1 January 6th 06 02:42 AM
6x6 Susan K Aud Yarn 9 January 3rd 06 04:17 PM
Susan C Aud Yarn 0 October 1st 05 11:27 AM
Susan? Anita Keeton Beads 0 September 3rd 04 12:13 PM
OT Susan in VA Dr. Sooz Beads 0 March 8th 04 06:30 AM