Another sewing machine to buy

Old January 1st 10, 08:16 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Michelle C.

Default Another sewing machine to buy

John wrote:
As if I wasn't full up on sewing machines. Along comes Babylock with
their new Sashiko sewing machine. It is a single purpose machine to
replicate the Sashiko stitch on traditional Japanese quilts. I so want
one of these things. I know that it is an "unnecessary" purchase, and
I don't know what they will sell for, and I have never made a Sashiko
quilt, but hey, that hasn't stopped me from buying a lot of things,
that I was glad I did after I bought them. Here is a link to the
website for the machine. Hopefully it won't be Tooooo expensive, when
they finally arrive.
http://www.babylock.com/quilting/sashiko/

John

It does sound very enticing John. You should probably yield to
temptation. :-)

Michelle in Nevada
Old January 1st 10, 10:31 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
John

On Jan 1, 3:16*pm, "Michelle C."
wrote:
John wrote:
As if I wasn't full up on sewing machines. Along comes Babylock with
their new Sashiko sewing machine. It is a single purpose machine to
replicate the Sashiko stitch on traditional Japanese quilts. I so want
one of these things. I know that it is an "unnecessary" purchase, and
I don't know what they will sell for, and I have never made a Sashiko
quilt, but hey, that hasn't stopped me from buying a lot of things,
that I was glad I did after I bought them. Here is a link to the
website for the machine. Hopefully it won't be Tooooo expensive, when
they finally arrive.
http://www.babylock.com/quilting/sashiko/

John

It does sound very enticing John. *You should probably yield to
temptation. *:-)

Michelle in Nevada

You are all the sort of people my wife warned me about. Enablers.
Nothing but a bunch of enablers.

John
Old January 1st 10, 10:34 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Lizzy Taylor

On 01/01/2010 22:31, John wrote:
On Jan 1, 3:16 pm, "Michelle
wrote:
John wrote:
[...]

And aren't we good at it ;-)

Lizzy
Old January 1st 10, 11:37 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pauline[_3_]

My local sewing machine shop has one & I inquired about the price - assuming
it would probably be in the $300 - $400 range for a limited use machine - I
was shocked when she told me the price. Glad I'm not lusting after it,
cause I just couldn't justify it. Although - I haven't seen it in action -
perhaps that would entice me!!

Pauline
Northern California

"Alice in PA" wrote in message
I saw a demonstration at the PA Quilt Show last year, and it is expensive!
If I remember correctly, it's in the $1,500 range.....way too much for a
single-purpose machine. That's just my opinion.

--
Alice in PA
http://community.webshots.com/user/twosonsatpsu

Old January 1st 10, 11:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sunny[_2_]

What a ridiculous price for a machine that has as it's ONLY function
the ability to choose the space between stitches. Now, I've wondered
why my wonderfully-equipped computerized machines won't let me do just
that. It's something I've really wished to be able to do. But.... I'm
not anywhere near spending $1,500 just to space out stitches to my
liking.

Sunny
Old January 1st 10, 11:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
NanaWilson

We've had lots 'O practice! Thanks a lot, John, for ALL the temptation!! I
keep thr** ,,,chiding me DH that I am going to get another one BUT not the
one, I don't think!!

Nana...........drooling..........

"Lizzy Taylor" wrote in message

Old January 2nd 10, 12:30 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
John

On Jan 1, 6:46*pm, Sunny wrote:
What a ridiculous price for a machine that has as it's ONLY function
the ability to choose the space between stitches. Now, I've wondered
why my wonderfully-equipped computerized machines won't let me do just
that. It's something I've really wished to be able to do. But.... I'm
not anywhere near spending $1,500 just to space out stitches to my
liking.

Sunny

I know what you are saying. But, in the defense of this machine; It
replicates a stitch that is impossible to do with a standard sewing
machine, a rather simple running stitch, that heretofore has been done
only by hand. and, it uses a rather complicated mechanism, to do it.
It only has a single thread source, the bobbin. Now, with all of that
said, it doesn't justify the price for me either, unless I had a lot
more money in my budget, or, I really wanted to do Sashiko quilts.
Well the budget is a non starter, the desire to do Sashiko Quilts, is
still there. Maybe I will win the lottery, and then I can buy
everybody on the forum one.

John

John
Old January 2nd 10, 01:27 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
John

On Jan 1, 9:28*am, "Lelandite" wrote:
It sure is a beaut, John! *Now it's on my list of new SM that I
just have to have. *Do let us know when you find out the sticker
shock.

I've covered every one of my furtue birthdays and Christmas
I think until 2025 with "stuff" I had to have and almost all of it has
been good stuff. *I could easily make it 2026. *

How about you? Have you got/boughten anything for Christmas
2010 just for yourself?

Donna
in WA

As if I wasn't full up on sewing machines. Along comes Babylock with
their new Sashiko sewing machine. It is a single purpose machine to
replicate the Sashiko stitch on traditional Japanese quilts. I so want
one of these things. I know that it is an "unnecessary" purchase, and
I don't know what they will sell for, and I have never made a Sashiko
quilt, but hey, that hasn't stopped me from buying a lot of things,
that I was glad I did after I bought them. Here is a link to the
website for the machine. Hopefully it won't be Tooooo expensive, when
they finally arrive.
http://www.babylock.com/quilting/sashiko/

John

We are at the stage of our lives, my wife and myself, that we really
don't want/need anything more to clutter up our house. We just gave
each other clothes that we told the other that we wanted, and
celebrated Christmas ourselves, and had a very nice, low key day. I
didn't buy myself any sewing stuff, but I do have a couple of joann's
coupons, that I am going to lay on them this weekend, for some Ginger
scissors and Olfa cutting mats. That will keep me happy for awhile,
until I win the lottery, then it's "Katy bar the door". Which reminds
me the joke about the guy who comes running in the door and tells his
wife, "Honey", "pack your bags", "I won the lottery". she said,"Where
are we going?", He says "We", "aren't going anywhere".
If you are offended by the gender representations in the joke, simply
reverse the genders, and laugh.

John
Old January 2nd 10, 01:42 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Leslie& The Furbabies in MO.

You are all the sort of people my wife warned me about. Enablers.
Nothing but a bunch of enablers.

John

John, dear, that's what we girls DO! LOL

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Old January 2nd 10, 10:42 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kay Lancaster

$1.6K is the price I've heard... which iirc will get you a used industrial
capable of doing that same stitch; and faster.

New Sewing Machine Sharon Quilting 0 November 16th 08 03:16 PM
New sewing machine! simpleseven Quilting 5 June 30th 07 07:09 AM
Old sewing machine question .. EMDEKO machine NE Sailboat Sewing 1 January 18th 07 06:39 PM
Is ths a good deal? Grace Quilting Sewing Frame +Janome 1600 Sewing Machine bobbi Quilting 12 December 8th 06 09:18 PM
wha+ do i wan+ in a sewing machine? DrQuilter Quilting 6 October 26th 04 05:38 AM