button idea

Old October 7th 10, 09:27 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Dr. Zachary Smith

Default button idea

On Oct 7, 8:49*am, Maureen Wozniak wrote:
On Wed, 6 Oct 2010 21:35:01 -0500, Taria wrote
(in article ):

This is a fun way to use those bins full of buttons.
http://www.recyclart.org/2009/03/curtain-with-buttons/

taria

Wow! *I love it. *Another reason to collect buttons.

Maureen

We need something like that for guys made out of screws. Most of us
have a can/jar/55 gallon drum full of odd screws collected over a
lifetime of odd jobs/repairs/salvage... DW used to think it was silly/
stupid until something needed repairing, and sure enough - the right
screw was in the jar without having to make a run 10 miles to the
nearest hardware/home improvement store (that might not have had the
right size anyway...)

Doc
Old October 7th 10, 09:31 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Dr. Zachary Smith

On Oct 6, 10:35*pm, "Taria" wrote:
This is a fun way to use those bins full of buttons.http://www.recyclart.org/2009/03/curtain-with-buttons/

taria

I couldn't tell you why, but my mom had two button boxes/bins. One
had all the whites, off-whites, and clear/white rhinestones, and the
other had all the colored (rest of the) buttons. DW inherited them,
and while she doesn't know why either, still keeps them
"segregated". ???

Doc
Old October 7th 10, 10:07 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Allison

Taria wrote:
This is a fun way to use those bins full of buttons.
http://www.recyclart.org/2009/03/curtain-with-buttons/

taria

So cool!!
Old October 7th 10, 10:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Thin copper wire? Hmmm. There's an idea. Might be a heap more cooperative
than that mind-of-its-own nylon fishing thread. Polly

"Susan Laity Price" ...
Sorry but my sister-in-law has already asked for any buttons I can
spare. She strings them on thin copper wire and adds them to plants,
lamps, etc. She loves 30's quilts and painted furniture. The buttons
add an extra touch.

Old October 9th 10, 12:10 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Mary

I couldn't tell you why, but my mom had two button boxes/bins. *One
had all the whites, off-whites, and clear/white rhinestones, and the
other had all the colored (rest of the) buttons. *DW inherited them,
and while she doesn't know why either, still keeps them
"segregated". *???

Doc

When you are in need of a button, you only need to sort through HALF
of the buttons!
Old October 9th 10, 12:21 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Leslie& The Furbabies in MO.

Men tend to lose more buttons- they wear more shirts with buttons, so it
makes sense. Most buttons on men's shirts are white. Therefore finding a
white button is easier with the buttons sorted this way. (Note: This is
my opinion and I'm a blonde. YMMV)

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Old October 9th 10, 01:56 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Anna Belle[_2_]

All sizes of washers would work well.
Anna Belle

Old October 9th 10, 11:33 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

You think only guys save screws? I try not to accumulate more than a
little plastic box-full, but you're right, it is satisfying to have
the right bit of screw on hand NOW.

To keep this On topic, there were lots of articles in quilt mags some
months ago about rust dying. Good way to use up a lot of the stuff
that collects, but I haven't gotten round to trying it yet.
Roberta in D

Old October 9th 10, 11:37 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

Mine are sorted. All the mother-of-pearl ones tend to be white, and
they have a container to themselves. But there aren't enough of the
colored ones to justify separate boxes for each color.
Roberta in D

Old October 9th 10, 07:54 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Dr. Zachary Smith

For what? A curtain? Do you know how much that could weigh? Egad!

wrote:
On Oct 7, 8:49*am, Maureen Wozniak wrote:
On Wed, 6 Oct 2010 21:35:01 -0500, Taria wrote
(in article ):

This is a fun way to use those bins full of buttons.
http://www.recyclart.org/2009/03/curtain-with-buttons/

taria

Wow! *I love it. *Another reason to collect buttons.

Maureen

We need something like that for guys made out of screws. *Most of us
have a can/jar/55 gallon drum full of odd screws collected over a
lifetime of odd jobs/repairs/salvage... *DW used to think it was silly/
stupid until something needed repairing, and sure enough - the right
screw was in the jar without having to make a run 10 miles to the
nearest hardware/home improvement store (that might not have had the
right size anyway...)

Doc- Hide quoted text -

button covers linda Sewing 0 June 28th 07 10:38 PM
new bead & button Johanna Koski Beads 0 April 26th 04 12:41 PM
Button, button Marisa Cappetta Beads 25 February 21st 04 04:51 AM
PANIC BUTTON [email protected] Sewing 4 November 30th 03 02:14 PM
My Button Posts Goldie Sewing 13 October 21st 03 10:44 PM