Free to Good Home, Charm Squares

Old January 4th 10, 05:21 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sherry

Default Free to Good Home, Charm Squares

I have about a 1/2 pack of Moda's Hello Betty charm squares. I'm in
the middle of
organizing the various stages of disarray that I call a sewing room
and they are
in the pile of "things I will never use." I'd love for someone else to
be able to use them.

It's really bad in here. I haven't felt well all winter and just
haven't been much for organizing,
or even putting things back where they belong. My new rule is to throw
away/rehome
27 things every day that I never have used, and never will use. I'm
the world's worst
to buy every new geegaw that comes down the pike.

Just email me if you're interested. sriddles at aol dot com.

Sherry
Old January 4th 10, 05:26 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sherry

On Jan 3, 11:21*pm, Sherry wrote:
I have about a 1/2 pack of Moda's Hello Betty charm squares. I'm in
the middle of
organizing the various stages of disarray that I call a sewing room
and they are
in the pile of "things I will never use." I'd love for someone else to
be able to use them.

It's really bad in here. I haven't felt well all winter and just
haven't been much for organizing,
or even putting things back where they belong. My new rule is to throw
away/rehome
27 things every day that I never have used, and never will use. I'm
the world's worst
to buy every new geegaw that comes down the pike.

Just email me if you're interested. sriddles at aol dot com.

Sherry

Add to that 1 package of needles that don't fit anything I have. The
package
says Schmetz Steppnadel Quilting Needle 103/703 H-Q, then a number
90/14.
Plus one of those little six-inch dressmaker's rules with a slide
arrow.

Sherry
Old January 4th 10, 05:45 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Dee in Oz[_3_]

So does that mean that you never use six inch dressmakers ruler ?

That is something that I havethought about getting but don't know if I would
use it. Haveing said that I do have 2 six inch rulers that I do use
reasonably often ( one next to 'my' chair and one next to the sewing
machine).

Dee in Oz

Old January 4th 10, 01:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Dee's right, Sherry. Hang on to that little metal/slider ruler. Mine is an
important tool and I would never part with it. Just sooner or later you'll
need to measure for a quilt piece, pants,sleeve tablecloth or skirt hem. You
may even decide to make a book cover or tote bag. Sounds as if you're
throwing out the baby with the bath water - and many of us have been tempted
to do that. Polly

Old January 4th 10, 02:37 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

My dressmaker's rule is ancient, goes back to grade school. I use it
regularly for hemming, because you can just set the slide at the depth
you want regardless of measurements. I use it for semi-quilty projects
too, such as folding lengths of fabric for bag handles.
Roberta in D

Old January 4th 10, 03:31 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sherry

On Jan 4, 7:45*am, "Polly Esther" wrote:
Dee's right, Sherry. *Hang on to that little metal/slider ruler. *Mine is an
important tool and I would never part with it. *Just sooner or later you'll
need to measure for a quilt piece, pants,sleeve tablecloth or skirt hem. You
may even decide to make a book cover or tote bag. *Sounds as if you're
throwing out the baby with the bath water - and many of us have been tempted
to do that. *Polly

I might be throwing the baby out with the bath water. I've done *that*
before!
But in this case, I've got several identical ones. I used to like a
particular cheapo
thread snipper. The only way to buy them, was in a package
with that metal ruler. I kept losing thread snippers, and kept buying
more. And
the rulers just kept multiplying.
I bet if I turned the couch upside down there's a whole new stash of
thread
clippers and Lord knows what else under there.
I have been a decluttering maniac for two days. I better take
advantage of it before
it passes. The good thing is that I've found things I not only lost,
things I forgot
I bought. Isn't that pitiful?

Sherry

Free to good home Cheryl Isaak Needlework 0 June 22nd 07 09:27 PM
free to good home Boca Jan Quilting 0 May 15th 06 09:22 PM
Free to a good home Boca Jan Quilting 3 April 12th 06 02:32 PM
Free to good home Cheryl Isaak Needlework 0 June 27th 04 09:37 PM
Free to good home Cheryl Isaak Needlework 0 January 19th 04 05:11 PM