Bevel cluster question

Old March 24th 05, 03:33 PM
Gail Sperling

I'm not sure who the manufacturer is but here is the link to the web site
that I found it on (although I didn't order it through this site).

http://artistryinglass.on.ca/store/c...cat=129&page=1

Unfortunately I am not working with lead, hence my concern about the gaps.

Thanks to all for the advice. I will attempt to do some careful grinding,
as little as possible.

Gail
"Javahut" wrote in message

"Gail Sperling" wrote in message
I just received a bevel cluster I ordered. Unforunately the pieces don't
fit together very well where they fit into the end of a "V". There is a
large gap. Would you work with this gap or grind the pieces to fit

better?

Thanks,
Gail

I'm curious as to the manufacturer?

To answer your question, work with what you have, if possible, but also
use
the tools you have. The manufacturers, at least some of them, assume you
are using lead, which gives alot of latitude for the gap, and then
cement/grout/putty fills the gap between the lead and glass. It just has
do more of a job when the glass fits that loose. Not the recommended way
of
doing things, but it is a way of doing it.

Old March 25th 05, 06:38 AM
Glassman

"Commander Barkfeather" wrote in message
Anybody that copper foils bevels should have their hand slammed in a
door! Copper foil is for lampshades and people who are too lazy or
stupid to learn leadwork!

I used to know this oldtimer that only believed in leadwork. When someone
brought him a coperfoiled piece to repair he would tell them, "bring it back
to the butcher that made it"! Me...... I do both, and gladly will sacrifice
the few remaining principles I may have left, to make some money to feed my
family. Copper foil bevels? Sure why not?

--
JK Sinrod
Sinrod Stained Glass Studios

Old March 25th 05, 07:41 PM
Commander Barkfeather

On Fri, 25 Mar 2005 01:38:18 -0500, "Glassman"
wrote:

I used to know this oldtimer that only believed in leadwork. When someone
brought him a coperfoiled piece to repair he would tell them, "bring it back
to the butcher that made it"! Me...... I do both, and gladly will sacrifice
the few remaining principles I may have left, to make some money to feed my
family. Copper foil bevels? Sure why not?

Guess I'm an old-timer. Going on 27 yeatrs. Copper foil's great for
lampshades and suncatchers. Too rigid for windows, especially beveled
wiindows. Also lead looks better.

Old March 26th 05, 03:28 AM
Moonraker

"Michele Blank" wrote in message
obviously a troll. (And i've got 30 plus years) m

And still wearing a thong, too.

Old March 27th 05, 12:02 AM
Michele Blank

copper is good for the skin.m

.. .

Old March 27th 05, 03:36 AM
Moonraker

I used to wear a copper bracelet that was supposed to help with arthritis.
Didn't work.

Didn't know about the skin benefits.

"Michele Blank" wrote in message
copper is good for the skin.m

.. .

Old March 27th 05, 04:12 AM
Javahut

"Michele Blank" wrote in message
copper is good for the skin.m

"Moonraker" wrote in message
.. .

"Michele Blank" wrote in message
obviously a troll. (And i've got 30 plus years) m

And still wearing a thong, too.

You don't have a link to your website on your sig anymore, is it still up
and running?? Can't seem to find it?

Old March 27th 05, 04:43 PM
Glassman

wrote:

I used to know this oldtimer that only believed in leadwork. When

someone
brought him a coperfoiled piece to repair he would tell them, "bring it

back
to the butcher that made it"! Me...... I do both, and gladly will

sacrifice
the few remaining principles I may have left, to make some money to feed

my
family. Copper foil bevels? Sure why not?

Guess I'm an old-timer. Going on 27 yeatrs. Copper foil's great for
lampshades and suncatchers. Too rigid for windows, especially beveled
wiindows. Also lead looks better.

Another thing I've given up is my opinion on what stuff looks better then
what. I give 'em whatever they want, and get the job!