OT- Bekah Update

Old November 7th 04, 04:40 PM
Rachel T.

Default OT- Bekah Update

She is back home. Hopefully, she remains fever-free, so she doesn't have to

It's looking like early December will be the trip to Columbus. If it is, she
will miss Christmas, stuck in the hospital where no one is allowed in but
her parents.

Her folks have been in contact with a social worker for the hospital there,
and they are trying to get a room at the Ronald McDonald House reserved for
them. Normally, the house doesn't make reservations, and there is only
supposed to be 4 people in the room. This isn't possible, since there has to
be at least 2 other adults to stay with the 3 boys. So the social worker is
working with them to make these arrangements for a 6 week stay.

Hotels are out of the question. Most are too far away from the hospital. At
the R.M.D House, there is a security guard who will take them to and from
the hospital whenever they need to go. And the hotels are quite expensive
when you're looking at 6 weeks.

For a brief moment, an apartment was considered. Apparently, there's a place
that rents them out by the month. BUT... $600 a month for an empty room.
That's not going to work either.

So, wish everybody luck that they get the reservation, and schedules can be
worked out between the sisters to be able to rotate stays up there. Looks
like I will be "volunteered" to go up too. Ok by me. Oh, and hope that the
weather stays relatively decent for the drives back and forth.

Rachel

Old November 7th 04, 07:39 PM
susiegibson

definately our hearts and prayers are with them,, here's to praying
everything works out well.....

--

susie gibson

http://www.reachone.com/sgibson/

"Rachel T." wrote in message
[...]

---

Old November 7th 04, 08:03 PM
Carol in SLC

{{{{{Bekah}}}}} Thanks for the update, Rachel. More prayers on the way - for
Bekah, Ronald McDonald House plans, and good weather.

Carol in SLC
Some of my stuff: http://members.aol.com/carolinslc/peace.jpg
http://members.aol.com/carolinslc/elissa.jpg
http://members.aol.com/carolinslc/oceansprite.jpg
http://members.aol.com/carolinslc/jarvis.jpg
Old November 7th 04, 11:05 PM
~Candace~

I am so glad to hear she's fever-free. Crapweasel on the no Christams
thing, but I see it like this--better she miss this one in order to enjoy
all the rest.

--
~Candace~

Orphan Beads ~low cost and bartering for the financially challenged beader~
http://snipurl.com/6s4t

Princess Auctions ~please see for most current updates and auction
information~
http://snipurl.com/8s8o

Old November 8th 04, 03:23 AM
Kandice Seeber

Oh, my heart aches for her. Christmas in a hospital, isolated.
(((((((hugs))))))))

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs

Old November 8th 04, 04:55 AM
Cheryl

She is back home. Hopefully, she remains fever-free,

YES YES

Hope they work out the Ronald McDonald House thing...

sounds like it will be a bit tricky to have here there for six whole weeks...

Cheryl
DRAGON BEADS
Flameworked beads and glass
http://www.dragonbeads.com/

OT- Bekah Update Rachel T. Beads 3 November 2nd 04 03:33 PM
Bekah Update...You Gotta Read This... :) KDK Beads 0 August 8th 04 09:57 AM
Bekah Update....not eating KDK Beads 0 August 3rd 04 09:13 AM