Attn Lynne in Toronto -- advice for landing a cowboy!

Old November 1st 03, 04:42 PM
Kathy Applebaum

Default Attn Lynne in Toronto -- advice for landing a cowboy!

Lynne, I had to think of you when I heard this:
http://cartalk.cars.com/Radio/Show/online (go to segment 6 about Megan
landing a new man).

I'm not sure when they change the internet shows over -- it might go away on
Monday, or it might last all week. Enjoy!

--
Kathy A. (Woodland, CA)
longarm machine quilting, Queen of Fabric Tramps

Old November 2nd 03, 01:14 AM
Lynne Van

Wahhh! No sound card on the home computer! I guess that'll teach me!
Hope it lasts till Monday!

(Can you imagine me getting this close to landing a cowboy and missing
it??? (Okay, BF will now give me heck...but hey, she's one of my Moms,
so she CAN)

Cheers,

Lynne in Toronto

Old November 3rd 03, 03:14 PM
Lynne Van

Ahem! Was able to listen to the aforementioned radio broadcast
this a.m. Apparently in order to find a cowboy I have to learn
to sing country music, and GO where the cowboys are! What a
concept! Apparently they hang out at cowboy bars. So I have to
show up at one of those ...they recommend Oklahoma but I am sure
either Texas or California would do (love those California
cowboys)...in a Jeep Liberty...I gather cowboys really like
Jeeps.

Not bad suggestions Kathy...thanks...and at my stage of life, I
need all the help I can get!

Cheers,

Lynne in Toronto (not too many cowboys here)

Old November 3rd 03, 10:53 PM
nzl*

i'm waitin' to hear what songs u'r gonna sing for our amusement, er uh, i
mean entertainment.
jeanne

"Lynne Van" wrote...

Old November 3rd 03, 10:54 PM
Dragonfly

Reminds me of an old joke, roughly paraphrased...about a singles' ad
in the paper.

"WANTED, good woman with pickup truck. Must like to hunt and fish and
enjoy working with horses and cattle. Send photo of truck."

I think maybe the Jeep Liberty is to park out in the parking lot and
catch their attention....!

Dragonfly

Old November 3rd 03, 11:02 PM
Taria

DSis dated a 'California' cowboy. (he was actually from Colorado)
This guy is a plumber and the nicest man. He goes home to the
family ranch a couple times a year. DS teases that we would
rather had him in the breakup than her. We don't hurt her feelings
and agree, but he was awfully sweet. When I talked to him last
and asked if he was dating anyone serious he said he had a 'dance
partner' (he didn't drink but loved to dance) What a catch.
We never will forgive ds for letting him go. We do miss him.
Taria

Old November 4th 03, 12:57 AM
Kathy Applebaum

"Lynne Van" wrote in message

they recommend Oklahoma but I am sure
either Texas or California would do (love those California
cowboys)...in a Jeep Liberty...I gather cowboys really like
Jeeps.

Well, they only recommended Oklahoma because she was already there.

And yup, California cowboys do seem to like girls in Jeeps. Guess I know
what you next car will be! LOL

Old November 4th 03, 01:11 AM
Irene

FYI: Car Talk is archived. You can go back as far as 1996 or 1997 and
listen to those gems.

If you need something extra special, go back and listen to the shows
that they did with their mother (before she died a few years
ago...sob) THOSE are priceless. Ditto for the Dr. Ruth specials.

These two guys are something else. I was "turned on" to this show by
a resident of Arlington MA who knows one of the brothers.

And, strange to say, I felt a lot more confident about taking apart
equipment after I became a regular listener...hey, if they take an
engine apart, so can I??

Irene (a supporter)

Old November 4th 03, 02:01 AM
Kathy Applebaum

"Irene" wrote in message
om...
FYI: Car Talk is archived. You can go back as far as 1996 or 1997 and
listen to those gems.

If you need something extra special, go back and listen to the shows
that they did with their mother (before she died a few years
ago...sob) THOSE are priceless. Ditto for the Dr. Ruth specials.

Oh, man, I've never heard the Dr. Ruth stuff! But their Mom is a riot, for
sure. (Great. Like I need more ways to waste my time at work, listening to
those two morons! LOL)

I had assumed they might not be archiving anymore, now that they have the
deal with Audible.com. But then, it's never safe to assume, is it?

And, strange to say, I felt a lot more confident about taking apart
equipment after I became a regular listener...hey, if they take an
engine apart, so can I??

Shoot, anyone can take an engine apart. It's putting it back together and
getting it to run that's the hard part! *snort*

Old November 4th 03, 03:31 AM
Lisa Ellis

Kathy Applebaum wrote:

Shoot, anyone can take an engine apart. It's putting it back together and
getting it to run that's the hard part! *snort*

Years ago, I had a Vespa, a put-put with a two stroke engine. My boy
friend and I took it apart, to repair a blown piston. Got everything
together, except it was backwards and the thing didn't run. The repiar
shop put it right - we were so embarrassed. Later on we tore apart the
transmission. We never got it together again; one would think we'd learn.

lisae