Caribbean themed cross stitch

Old February 3rd 04, 12:40 PM
Cheryl Isaak

Default Caribbean themed cross stitch

Ok - I'll do a nice long post later about my trip....

BUT

Are there any Caribbean themed designers out there? Or some one down that
way that would get into a little trading - a cross stitch leaflet for
something New Hampshire. I did see a "Hobby and Craft" store on Grand
Cayman, but the tour bus wouldn't stop there!

Cheryl

(I already have She Sell Sea Shells from Ladybug Lane!)

Cheryl

Old February 3rd 04, 02:02 PM
Ellice

On 2/3/04 7:40 AM,"Cheryl Isaak" posted:

Ok - I'll do a nice long post later about my trip....

BUT

Are there any Caribbean themed designers out there? Or some one down that
way that would get into a little trading - a cross stitch leaflet for
something New Hampshire. I did see a "Hobby and Craft" store on Grand
Cayman, but the tour bus wouldn't stop there!

There are definitely some NP designers that have some Caribbean themes- try
Neon Flamingo (she might have some charts that you could do). I'll look a
bit more. You also might be able to contact some of the shops in Miami -
they might have some local stuff. Just a thought.

ellice

Old February 3rd 04, 02:12 PM
Cheryl Isaak

On 2/3/04 9:02 AM, in article , "Ellice"
wrote:

On 2/3/04 7:40 AM,"Cheryl Isaak" posted:

Ok - I'll do a nice long post later about my trip....

BUT

Are there any Caribbean themed designers out there? Or some one down that
way that would get into a little trading - a cross stitch leaflet for
something New Hampshire. I did see a "Hobby and Craft" store on Grand
Cayman, but the tour bus wouldn't stop there!

There are definitely some NP designers that have some Caribbean themes- try
Neon Flamingo (she might have some charts that you could do). I'll look a
bit more. You also might be able to contact some of the shops in Miami -
they might have some local stuff. Just a thought.

ellice

I did find one - all hand painted canvases! Only the flamingo on Neon
Flamingo was "tropical" (to my mind!)

Cheryl

Old February 4th 04, 03:24 AM
Karen C - California

In article , Cheryl Isaak
writes:

Are there any Caribbean themed designers out there?

Nathalie has some in her chart collection. I can't find the link to her
current catalogue, but I'm sure you can get there through Craft-Searcher.net

--
Finished 12/14/03 -- Mermaid (Dimensions)
WIP: Fireman's Prayer, Amid Amish Life, Angel of Autumn, Calif Sampler, Holiday

Paralegal - Writer - Editor - Researcher
http://hometown.aol.com/kmc528/KMC.html
Old February 4th 04, 02:28 PM
Ellice

On 2/3/04 9:12 AM,"Cheryl Isaak" posted:

wrote:

There are definitely some NP designers that have some Caribbean themes- try
Neon Flamingo (she might have some charts that you could do). I'll look a
bit more. You also might be able to contact some of the shops in Miami -
they might have some local stuff. Just a thought.

I did find one - all hand painted canvases! Only the flamingo on Neon
Flamingo was "tropical" (to my mind!)

Sorry ;^) You could try looking on the TNNA website for shops in the Miami,
South Florida area, and just contact them. They might have some local
designers that aren't nationally distributed (yet) but have Caribbean stuff.
The shops usually say in the listing if they carry NP only, NP, XS, etc.
The site for TNNA is just www.tnna.org

Ellice

Old February 4th 04, 03:20 PM
Cheryl Isaak

On 2/4/04 9:28 AM, in article , "Ellice"
wrote:

www.tnna.org

Neat site!

Not much luck with "Florida" searches - all needlepoint stores or more
general supplies.
But I'll play more later!
Cheryl

Old February 5th 04, 05:50 AM
Ellice

On 2/4/04 10:20 AM,"Cheryl Isaak" posted:

On 2/4/04 9:28 AM, in article , "Ellice"
wrote:

www.tnna.org

Neat site!

Yup, it's very useful! I keep telling you - if you want to help in the booth
at Columbus - you can browse all those great yarn booths ;^) Not to mention
the other suppliers.

Not much luck with "Florida" searches - all needlepoint stores or more
general supplies.
But I'll play more later!

I'll do some asking of my "surrogate" mom - she does XS, and may know -
having lived in FLA for 30 years.

FWIW - I have a surprise heading out for you as a result of the little
S.E.X. Adventure Caryn & I had (she got some nice stuff). Hope it will be
worthy - despite not being Caribbean.

Last time we were in the islands, I looked in a nice market for some XS, and
found some - but it wasn't anything great. Oh, well.

Ellice

Old February 5th 04, 11:31 AM
Cheryl Isaak

wrote:

www.tnna.org

Neat site!

Yup, it's very useful! I keep telling you - if you want to help in the booth
at Columbus - you can browse all those great yarn booths ;^) Not to mention
the other suppliers.

What is the date again? I need schedule a break - I just found out that the
travel season goes until April!

Not much luck with "Florida" searches - all needlepoint stores or more
general supplies.
But I'll play more later!

I'll do some asking of my "surrogate" mom - she does XS, and may know -
having lived in FLA for 30 years.

FWIW - I have a surprise heading out for you as a result of the little
S.E.X. Adventure Caryn & I had (she got some nice stuff). Hope it will be
worthy - despite not being Caribbean.

Last time we were in the islands, I looked in a nice market for some XS, and
found some - but it wasn't anything great. Oh, well.

I was teasing DH that it was a good thing we were on a tour bus or I'd have
insisted on a stop over. I did try to find a "craft" store on line - I must
need to go about it differently - all I found was a Herrschnerr's link!
Cheryl