Found glass glue

Old March 4th 07, 10:56 AM posted to rec.crafts.glass
racing John

Default Found glass glue

The wife had a perfume bottle made in China and the stopped was glued to
the top, and she dropped it cleaning and broke it off, so I ask in here
and got some good tips, was at Lowes buying some other stuff, checked
the glue and they had Loctite Extreme Repair adhesive, its an all
temperature adhesive that is aquarium safe, and used to fix aquarium,
got it for $ 4.85 and it has held good and dried clear. But have looked
everywhere and can't find the E-6000 anywhere anymore, So thanks for
your tips.

Old May 24th 07, 05:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
sundog

Since when is this stuff hard to find? Pay attention now.... E-6000 is also
marketed under the GOOP brands naming.... ShoeGoop, PlumbersGoop,
MarineGoop, you name it.... same great stuff, same company. Every hardware
store has one 'name' or another of Goop. It's only about marketing games,
not about chemistry. Cheers, JB

Old May 27th 07, 08:04 AM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Mike Firth

"Thank you for inquiring about our Amazing GOOP? Adhesives. To answer your
question, here are the differences between the different items in the GOOP
Adhesives line. Craft GOOP contain a thinner formula for precise, detailed
work. Amazing Goop, Wood & Furniture , Automotive GOOP, Household GOOP and
Plumbing GOOP are all the same formula. Lawn & Garden GOOP, Marine GOOP?, RV
GOOP and Sport and Outdoor GOOP are all UV-resistant.Shoe GOO is a more
rubbery formula allowing for greater flexibility"

--
Mike Firth
Furnace Glassblowing Website

Old May 31st 07, 10:21 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
sundog

I think I'll watch for that Craft GOOP then, cause a little thinner formula
would be more friendly for many things. The UV resistance is good to know
about too. I used some flavor of non-UV GOOP to patch small holes in a car
cover back when.... it yellowed badly but outlived the cover itself.
UV-resistant GOOP would be a plus. Somewhere back in this thread I thought I
saw the term silicone applied to GOOP, but I don't think so. I don't smell
the acetic acid off-gassing of silicone from GOOP, which is also much
tougher and a superior adhesive to any silicone I've used. Back in the Stone
Age I glued some earring posts to fused glass with silicone, which failed in
short order.... but I tried GOOP and they stayed stuck! Been convinced ever
since. I use GOOP to gl;ue many things, silicones for caulk .......
although I do recall watching a piece of 3' tall x 12' long - 3/4" thick
plate glass get suspended BY SILICONE ONLY above human traffic ... no
kidding.... per Corning. I should go back and check on that piece someday.
Back in '85 I bet it 'twas... I etched it, but I didn't hang it.
cheers, JB

Old June 2nd 07, 09:01 AM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Mike Firth

Silicone is actually a category of products, single and double mix
solutions, for gluing, molding, insulation etc.
E-6000 has an incredible odor, much stronger than acetic acid.
GOOP - the 3 versions I've used is less smelly.
Notice, once again that GOOP and E-6000 are actually contact cements (per
the directions) that can be used for direct adhesion with longer setting
time. GE Silicone adhesives are never contact cements, stay soft and can be
cut away from the seal if need be.

--
http://users.ticnet.com/mikefirth/glues.htm

glass glue racing John Glass 3 February 24th 07 05:15 PM
Glue for Glass to Metal -- At my wit's end... [email protected] Jewelry 19 December 24th 06 01:05 AM
Glue Glass? Have u heard of this? C A . Butler Doll Houses 0 October 12th 04 11:22 PM
Which glue for glass tiles? Cathy Weeks Doll Houses 3 April 11th 04 06:30 PM
glass to glass glue recommendation Luna Kwok Glass 6 December 22nd 03 09:14 AM