Big Bear Lady

Old November 5th 03, 03:29 PM
Phyllis Andersen

Actually, the fire didn't reach Big Bear, no matter *what* the newscasters and newspaper say. They just lumped Big Bear in with the fire news about Cedar Glen near Lake Arrowhead. I sure wish the news people would be more accurate. Big Bear was certainly threatened by the fires, but was spared....thank goodness. Bigbearlady
"jeanbaby" wrote in message ...
We are glad that you and your beautiful cabins are safe. Along with your neighbors. What a terrible thing to happen to such a beautiful place..

xo Jeanbaby
Old November 5th 03, 03:32 PM
Phyllis Andersen

Yes....yes! Do come up. Rent? Well, we will talk about that :-) If I don't have them reserved/rented I would rather have them filled with *free* quilters! Bigbearlady.....sounds like a round-up to me
"Taria" wrote in message ...
Idea coming here. Maybe we out to get a bunch of us
all together and rent Phyllis 2 cabins (think that is
6 people to a cabin) and have a get together. Might
be a fun thing to do?
I drove up the freeway today and see lots of fire trucks,
crews and buses leaving the area. A good sign to see.
Still a few folks in the worst areas that can't get back
in to see their places, but most others are getting back.
Taria
MOIRA RIDDELL wrote:

Phyllis, I am so glad that the cabins were safe from the fire, DH and I were talking about them recently, and thinking of a visit...... will let you know Moira
"Phyllis Andersen" wrote in message 'm back in Big Bear. As soon as I heard that they were letting in residents with proof of residence and picture ID, I flew up the hill. My ex-fireman neighbor had done lots to make my cabins safe. Winter set in quickly while I was gone and he drained the outdoor sprinkler systems so they wouldn't freeze. He also turned the heaters up. What a great guy! He didn't evacuate. The fire didn't reach Big Bear, so my two cabins are both safe. I feel so terrible for all the Californians who lost there homes. I just finished bringing the things out of my car that I had taken out of the cabins. I didn't have any room for groceries! Thanks for your concern. Bigbearlady
Old November 5th 03, 06:34 PM
Lynne Van

Please wait till I get there! What a great idea!!!

Cheers,

Lynne in Toronto

Sunset "honey bear" pattern Picky Picky Picky... Needlework 0 August 24th 04 06:43 PM
AD: Blue Bear Beads at the IGBS in Memphis, TN Linda2 Beads 1 July 17th 04 12:48 PM
FS: Teddy bear cross-stitch pins Christine O Marketplace 0 November 27th 03 06:42 PM
Big Bear Lady Debbi Quilting 20 October 31st 03 07:39 PM
Lady of the Flag substitutions Jenn Liace Needlework 2 September 22nd 03 01:39 PM