A crafts forum. CraftBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » CraftBanter forum » Textiles newsgroups » Quilting
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Big Bear Lady

Old November 5th 03, 03:29 PM
Phyllis Andersen
external usenet poster

Actually, the fire didn't reach Big Bear, no matter *what* the newscasters and newspaper say. They just lumped Big Bear in with the fire news about Cedar Glen near Lake Arrowhead. I sure wish the news people would be more accurate. Big Bear was certainly threatened by the fires, but was spared....thank goodness. Bigbearlady
"jeanbaby" wrote in message ...
We are glad that you and your beautiful cabins are safe. Along with your neighbors. What a terrible thing to happen to such a beautiful place..

xo Jeanbaby
Ads
Old November 5th 03, 03:32 PM
Phyllis Andersen
external usenet poster

Yes....yes! Do come up. Rent? Well, we will talk about that :-) If I don't have them reserved/rented I would rather have them filled with *free* quilters! Bigbearlady.....sounds like a round-up to me
"Taria" wrote in message ...
Idea coming here. Maybe we out to get a bunch of us
all together and rent Phyllis 2 cabins (think that is
6 people to a cabin) and have a get together. Might
be a fun thing to do?
I drove up the freeway today and see lots of fire trucks,
crews and buses leaving the area. A good sign to see.
Still a few folks in the worst areas that can't get back
in to see their places, but most others are getting back.
Taria
MOIRA RIDDELL wrote:

Phyllis, I am so glad that the cabins were safe from the fire, DH and I were talking about them recently, and thinking of a visit...... will let you know Moira
"Phyllis Andersen" wrote in message 'm back in Big Bear. As soon as I heard that they were letting in residents with proof of residence and picture ID, I flew up the hill. My ex-fireman neighbor had done lots to make my cabins safe. Winter set in quickly while I was gone and he drained the outdoor sprinkler systems so they wouldn't freeze. He also turned the heaters up. What a great guy! He didn't evacuate. The fire didn't reach Big Bear, so my two cabins are both safe. I feel so terrible for all the Californians who lost there homes. I just finished bringing the things out of my car that I had taken out of the cabins. I didn't have any room for groceries! Thanks for your concern. Bigbearlady
"Deborah Lieuallen" wrote in message for big bear lady..............haven't heard from her in awhile. Anybody keeping tabs???? Deborah in Or
Old November 5th 03, 06:34 PM
Lynne Van
external usenet poster

Please wait till I get there! What a great idea!!!

Cheers,

Lynne in Toronto