OT. Sad day today!!

Old February 4th 04, 02:46 AM
Patricia Rogers

I'm so sorry - it is so difficult and sad to say goodbye to your pet. But
of course all of us are so glad we can be loving and merciful. And I don't
quite understand why the lady is in her room with a packed suitcase -
doesn't it make it kind of hard to change clothes? : ) But you have my
sympathy for that too!

Thinking of you.
Pat in Illinois

Old February 4th 04, 02:51 AM
Tia Mary-remove nekoluvr to reply

{{{{{{{{Gillian & Family}}}}}}}}}} You know most of us have been through this
and we DO know how you feel. Come talk when you get sad -- we have big
shoulders. CiaoMeow ^;;^
..
PAX, Tia Mary ^;;^ Queen of Kitties
Angels can't show their wings on earth but nothing was ever said about their
WHISKERS!!
Nothing is complete without a few cat hairs!

Old February 4th 04, 06:01 AM
Ellice

On 2/3/04 2:39 PM,"Gillian Murray" posted:

It maybe sunny outside, but it is very dismal in my house!! This morning I
took our 14 yr old dachsie, Whisky, to the vet so he could cross the Rainbow
Bridge. I stayed with him, and it was very peaceful! However, my tears keep
welling up when I think of him. We have two younger (5 yrs) dachshies, and
Gretel is wandering around looking for her old friend! It was time, but
golly, it was tough.

Oh, Gillian, I am so sorry! This is always such a terribly hard thing to go
thru, even when it's time. I know your Whisky appreciated the love you gave
him, and your taking the care to be with him at the end. I still can
remember the first pup of mine that I held for that. {{{{{{big hugs}}}}}

NSDMIL has shut herself in her room for the last three days with suitcase
packed, to go who knows where! So I insisted that DH stay home, and a good
friend drove me. I sure wish they had something similar for aggravating,
selfish and stubborn old women!

Glad you made DH deal with her. Sometimes there is nothing you can do, and
some people just can't be reasoned with. I hope you can find another
relative to send her to visit.

Don't even feel like stitching right now!!

Understandable - hope you can find a good cuddle with your 2 younger
dachsies - especially Gretel.

ellice

Old February 4th 04, 02:15 PM
Pat P

I`m glad I gotback in time to see this Gill - you have our every sympathy -
as you know, we went through the same just over a year ago, and don`t you
just miss them? I still get all upset at times when I think of our old
Sam - she was a really special person. Her "replacement" (Maggie Mayhem!)
seems to have been getting messages from her though, and is doing such a
good job of cheering us up.

Lots of love and hugs and everything.

Pat P

"Gillian Murray" wrote in message
ink.net...
It maybe sunny outside, but it is very dismal in my house!! This morning I
took our 14 yr old dachsie, Whisky, to the vet so he could cross the

Rainbow
Bridge. I stayed with him, and it was very peaceful! However, my tears

keep
welling up when I think of him. We have two younger (5 yrs) dachshies, and
Gretel is wandering around looking for her old friend! It was time, but
golly, it was tough.

NSDMIL has shut herself in her room for the last three days with suitcase
packed, to go who knows where! So I insisted that DH stay home, and a good
friend drove me. I sure wish they had something similar for aggravating,
selfish and stubborn old women!

Don't even feel like stitching right now!!

Gillian

Old February 4th 04, 02:57 PM
Dawne Peterson

Dearest Gill
My deepest sympathy. Lots of us here have been there and understand how
much you can miss the sound of set of paws--I cannot read the lovely poems
some others have posted without tears for my beloved Suzan, and she has
been gone 4 years now. It is the price we pay, eventually, for great love.
Be gentle with yourself for a while.
Love
Dawne

Old February 4th 04, 06:19 PM
mickey

Hugs, Gillian.

We were in the same place a few months ago with one of our lizard
friends, and I'm still not over it. Take it easy for a while, and have
lots of cuddles with your other furry babies.

--Mickey

Old February 5th 04, 02:10 AM
Gillian Murray

I just cannot say "Thank you" enough for the cyberhugs, poems and just
overwhelming love which I have received from my cyberfriends here. Sheena,
the poem you quote, which I saw a little while back forced me to believe
that I should hold Whisky until he was gone. Jim didn't think he could do
it; so I called a very dear friend ( who stood up for us at our marriage),
and he drove Whisky and me to the Dr.

It wasn't scary, just so very peaceful. I asked the vet how long it would
take, and he smiled at me and said " he is already gone". He could hear me
strokimg Whisky and it gave me so much peace!!

Now to get the old mother-in-law sane, and I may live again!! I won't go
into the harangue I got tonight, but dammit, I was so cooool!!

I love you all, and so many thanks for all the love you have given us.
Gillian, also Jim, Gretel and Max!! Whisky is now peasefully over the
bridge!

Old February 5th 04, 02:13 AM
emerald

{{{{{Gillian}}}}

emerald

Old February 5th 04, 12:38 PM
PaulaB

I missed your original post about this, Gillian, since I have not had
time lately to do more than poke my head in here a couple times a
week, but I want you to know I am so sorry about your loss. They do
get to be part of the family, don't they?! I hope your sweet memories
and your other pets will comfort you.
Hugs, Paula B.