Lesa Steele

Old February 3rd 04, 02:31 PM
Beverly B

Default Lesa Steele

Has anyone seen or heard anything about her lately? When I went to her site
there was a message that said that she would be taking a season off. I hope
nothing is wrong and she is just recharging her batteries. I love her work
and just finished assembling the ornament she had in last years JCS which is
what made me go and check her site to see what what new things she might
have.
Beverly B

Old February 3rd 04, 06:15 PM
Dianne Lewandowski

I used to hear from Lesa every now and again, but haven't in quite some
time. I hope it's just temporary burn out and nothing serious.
Sometimes people lurk here who know others and here's hoping she gets
the message that we haven't forgotten her. Yes, many of her designs
were simply lovely. She was especially good at using variagated fibers
in her designs.

Dianne

Old February 3rd 04, 09:36 PM
Joan Erickson

Dianne Lewandowski wrote:

Sometimes people lurk here who know others and here's hoping she gets
the message that we haven't forgotten her. Yes, many of her designs
were simply lovely. She was especially good at using variagated fibers
in her designs.

She is one of the few designers of hardanger whose designs call to me
and actually make me want to try it. I haven't, yet, but
someday.........
Hope things are okay with her.
--
Joan

See my first-ever design he
http://www.heritageshoppe.com/joan.jpg

"Stitch when you are young and poor, frame when you are old and rich."
- Elizabeth's (rctn'r) sister's MIL (Barbara Marr)

Old February 4th 04, 03:07 AM

I took her Hardanger course at the Hershey CAT's and she announced then to
the class, that it would be her last class and that basically, as I
perceived it, she was kinda retiring...at least no more CAT's classes from
her... I fee prviledged to have at least been in one of her classes. I
think basically she was just getting tired...said to me after the class that
she just didn't have the get up and go that she used to so she wanted to
take some time off...

Marc

--
http://community.webshots.com/user/needlemania

http://www.cyberstitchers.com/Galler...=1065918331265

Old February 4th 04, 04:26 PM
cebmd

Marc -

I think you're thinking of Linda Driskell. As far as I know, Lesa
Steele has never taught at CATS.

Carol

Old February 4th 04, 11:58 PM

OOPs you are right...I checked out my course "stuff" and of course Linda
Driskles name was on it...however my mistake was that I was looking at
something else with Lesa's name on it...so sorry to have been misleading...

Marc