Source for Schmetz Needles?

Old July 6th 05, 12:41 PM
nbhilyard

Default Source for Schmetz Needles?

A couple of years ago there was an RCTQ post with the name, address, and
website of a company that sold Schmetz sewing machine needles in quantity.
I bought 100 for under $30, IIRC.

I don't remember the company's name -- can anyone help me out?

TIA,

Nann
(I suppose I could look this up in the archives but maybe someone has the
information at hand.)

Old July 6th 05, 01:19 PM
Susie

This where I got mine:
http://www.discountembroiderysupp.com/
Susie

Old July 6th 05, 02:10 PM
Cappy

J Hittle sells them in bulk. ~$23 / 100 needles. Also sells rotary blades -
~$135 / 100. Get together w/ a couple of friends and split the cost and blades.
$1.35 / blade compared to $4 or $5 / blade and TSWLTH....

http://jhittlesewing.funoverload.com/sewing/catalog.php

Cappy

Old July 6th 05, 03:24 PM
SNIGDIBBLY

a box is 10 cards - 5 needles per box. so double check quanity before
making purchase to avoid disappointment.

SNIGDIBBLY
~e~
"
/ \

Old July 6th 05, 05:17 PM
Taria

they come in a bulk 100 count small plastic box Snig. It is nice
because there is less waste of pkging and they seem to last forever.
Taria

Old July 7th 05, 03:31 AM
teleflora

"Susie" wrote in message
This where I got mine:
http://www.discountembroiderysupp.com/
Susie

Yup, I ordered from them too, Nann, and they were great.

Cindy

Old July 7th 05, 02:17 PM
SNIGDIBBLY

Everything I read said 10 cards to a box and each card holds 5 needles.
Could you send me the url for the box of 100. I would purchase that one in
a heart beat. My bernina breaks a lot of needles

SNIGDIBBLY
~e~
"
/ \

Old July 7th 05, 03:46 PM
Taria

YOu can see them on Ebay he
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW

(just a search schmetz needles 100 found some)
These guys have them too:
http://www.kapres.com/needles/needles.htm

Be careful breaking needles. More than the cost of needles
if you knock the machine out of time it gets pricey to
have repaired. Guess how I know?
NAYY. Taria

Old July 7th 05, 04:25 PM
SNIGDIBBLY

but both of these sites are way more expensive than I can get them locally -
and i don't have to pay the postage. I thought someone said they knew of a
site that offered them at a much cheaper rate. Guess I was asking the wrong
person when I asked you. Sorry.

SNIGDIBBLY
~e~
"
/ \

Old July 7th 05, 04:28 PM
Taria

I got mine wholesale so I can't help beyond that.
So where do you get yours and what do
you pay?
Taria

SNIGDIBBLY wrote:

but both of these sites are way more expensive than I can get them locally -
and i don't have to pay the postage. I thought someone said they knew of a
site that offered them at a much cheaper rate. Guess I was asking the wrong
person when I asked you. Sorry.

Gauge: Circular vs Straight needles Gallagher Yarn 13 August 25th 04 11:56 PM
John James Needles Suzanne Needlework 3 July 20th 04 11:56 PM
Needles DKiely33 Sewing 4 April 1st 04 02:39 PM
Request for your extra needles and hooks Jenn Vanderslice Yarn 2 February 5th 04 07:41 PM
Nickel plated brass needles AGRES Yarn 0 July 24th 03 09:59 PM