On and off topic....DD starts ballet

Old September 8th 03, 09:41 PM
Jalynne

Default On and off topic....DD starts ballet

This week, in fact. AAAACK, my baby's growing up, and without permission, I might
add. She'll be good at it, and she's very excited.

Anyway, i'd like to make her a little ballet wall hanging. has anyone seen any
ballerina fabric out there? Or patterns, for that matter? It's not something I've
been looking for, so I thought I'd make the group my first stop. TIA for your help!
--
Jalynne

Old September 8th 03, 09:57 PM
Charlotte Henson

There is a purple and pink ballerina fabric out there. A local shop even
has preprinted panels that coordinate with the fabrics. Don't know about
the chains.

Congrats to your daughter! I got my first real job as a result of a
lifetime of ballet - my boss was impressed with the discipline that
takes. It's one of the best things one can do.

-Charlotte

Old September 8th 03, 10:23 PM
nzl*

well how rude of her, growin' up without permission, hrmph.
jk.
she'll make a beautiful ballerina too.
cant wait to see her in her wee tutu.
pointing and pirouette'n in your house will be fun thru the winter, lol.
look out boys here she comes .
hey, this is a good start on some kick-boxing/tae quon do(sp?) as a form of
self defense too. just gotta keep those boys at bay, heehee.snort
jeanne*

"Jalynne" wrote...

Old September 8th 03, 10:50 PM
Jalynne

it's perfect....DH is a black belt in Tae Kwondo. He'll be teaching her when she
turns 8.
--
Jalynne

Old September 8th 03, 10:59 PM
nzl*

ah ha, the magic age. sounds good to me.
jeanne*
note to self, do not tease him about anyyyyyyyyything at all

"Jalynne" wrote ...
| it's perfect....DH is a black belt in Tae Kwondo. He'll be teaching her
when she
| turns 8.
| --
| Jalynne
| Queen Gypsy (snail mail available upon request)
| see what i've been up to at www.100megsfree4.com/jalynne
|
| "nzl*" wrote...
| well how rude of her, growin' up without permission, hrmph.
| jk.
| she'll make a beautiful ballerina too.
| cant wait to see her in her wee tutu.
| pointing and pirouette'n in your house will be fun thru the winter, lol.
| look out boys here she comes .
| hey, this is a good start on some kick-boxing/tae quon do(sp?) as a form
of
| self defense too. just gotta keep those boys at bay, heehee.snort
| jeanne*
|
| "Jalynne" wrote...
| | This week, in fact. AAAACK, my baby's growing up, and without
permission,
| I might
| | add. She'll be good at it, and she's very excited.
| |

Old September 9th 03, 03:22 AM
CNYstitcher

JoAnns had some ballerina fabric....dancing ballerinas, a coordinating
on that had ballet sliipers (actually toe shoes) and some silvery
glitter, and others.

Larisa

Old September 10th 03, 03:56 AM
Jalynne

I've decided to not only make her a wallhanging, but a long coat to go over her
leotard...thanks for all the links, everyone....I"m sure they'll come in handy!

Hugs to the bestest quilting newsgroup in the whole world.
--
Jalynne

nk.net...

Old September 10th 03, 12:50 PM
Kim E

DD took Irish dancing several years ago, but the teacher left the
dance school. The director of the dance school told me that she is
leasing the school one day a week this year to an Irish dancing
school, and thought that DD would like to try it out. DD (age 13)
would only go if DS (age 15) went along so she wouldn't be the only
beginner in the class. DD was totally overwhelmed and wants to try a
different class. DS LOVED it! He hasn't taken any dance classes
since first grade, but apparently those early 3 years of dance class
took. Knowing that there are quite a few boys in the school is a real
plus, so he will stay in the class. Hopefully, DD will like the other
class - I'd like her to get back into dancing.

Kim