My stash is intact!

Old August 20th 03, 09:45 AM
Kate Dicey

Default My stash is intact!

AliceW wrote:

Well, I'm back. Geesh, what a weekend!

Glad that everything went well and you can now relax a bit! You have
all done very well there! Stand up for a round of applause!

So I arrived home on Monday to 115 emails and 823 ng postings. But my stash
was intact! Thanks for restraining yourselves, I really had some good stuff
right out in the open and everything. It was good to get home. Our next
trip is in early November for my son's wedding. It will be here in the
blink of an eye!

Well,, surely you didn't think we'd stop TALKING while you were gone!
And we wouldn't raid a stash when you had valid family reasons to
leave it like that. Holidays are fair game, however... ;P Not sure
about weddings! Maybe... Whaddya think, folks?

Take a little while for yourself and have a quilty week - you earned
it!
--
Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk

Old August 20th 03, 02:42 PM
Diana Curtis

Welcome home!
Congrats on getting everything pretty much settled with your mom.. that has
to be a great weight off.
Hugs, (and thanks for sneaking your story in!)
Diana

--
http://photos.yahoo.com/lunamom44
"AliceW" wrote in message
Well, I'm back. Geesh, what a weekend! Before I get to the gory details:

Linda, the twins are adorable! Sally sure didn't look 7 months pregnant,
let alone with twins! Congrats!

Karen, so glad to hear you are feeling better every day.

Jill, I have more fabric for you from my mom in Florida. She thinks what
you are doing is wonderful.

Diana, glad to hear you too are getting better every day! I found RCTQ by
doing a newsgroup search for "quilt". Lurked for a while and then jumped

in
with both feet. Been here ever since, for better, for worse, in sickness
and in health!

Phillipe, I bought a beautiful leather case for my PDA and carry it in my
purse. I see some folks use a belt clip.

I forgot who asked, but I was trying to get my two pups ready for "camp"
when the lights went out in NY and other places. Fortunately, we did not
lose power but I was in a quandary as to whether I should start out on the
drive since I had no idea if it was a terrorist strike or not. I felt

very
badly for those affected. I hope you all have recovered reasonable well.

Pat in VA - way to go, girl! Reward yourself with a non-food reward -
facial, pedicure, high tea with a friend, a large fabric purchase come to
mind!

Mack - good to hear from you again. I was gladdened to hear that Tulip

now
has a pal in Rosebud. I love the name! Think I saw that in a book
somewhere, hmmmmm. My Kirby was born in February. I'd recommend getting
them together but Kirby is no longer, how should I say this - intact. And
is Mr. Bear a bit jealous now that he has two pups to compete with????

I didn't know who needed special prayers and good thoughts so I prayed for
everyone!

Ok, now the details. Mom is home! Yay! She came home today. We took

her
out of the rehab facility on friday and saturday for a bbq, but had to

have
her back by midnight. Of course she didn't last that long, I think we
really wore her out, but she enjoyed the excursions. Her house is now in

my
name and her car is in my garage, soon to be delivered to my DSD to use

for
college. It's a 1997 Chevy Malibu with 37,000 miles on it. Talk about

the
proverbial little old lady driving it to church story!

We had a safety assessment of the house done. Need to have some carpentry
done to her steps and a handrail installed which my DH and DB did on
saturday morning. We ordered a walker and other equipment to make her

life
a bit easier. My sister is still there and she brought mom home and will
take her to several dr appts this week. She also took her to get a hair

cut
today. Mom wants a scooter! The man next door has one and boy, does she
have "scooter envy"!! She may qualify for one, so we are looking into

that
as well. Mom has decided that it is easier to do as we ask and not fight

us
anymore - halleluiah! So, I am now paying her bills, she will allow the
housekeeper in to clean and dispense meds. Phew, I'm exhausted just
thinking about all we did! But all in all, it was a very good trip. My
brother came in from Houston and that thrilled mom to no end. I enjoyed
seeing him again as well. Took lots of pictures.

So I arrived home on Monday to 115 emails and 823 ng postings. But my

stash
was intact! Thanks for restraining yourselves, I really had some good

stuff
right out in the open and everything. It was good to get home. Our next
trip is in early November for my son's wedding. It will be here in the
blink of an eye!

Alice in NJ - again!
RCTQ - "Royal Cybrarian"
www.ourcyberfamily.us
"The older the violin, the sweeter the music."

Old August 20th 03, 09:10 PM
Sandy Foster

In article ,
"AliceW" wrote:

Well, I'm back. Geesh, what a weekend!

snip

Alice, I'm delighted to hear that things have gone so well with your
mom! Welcome back -- your stash will be fair game the next time you're
away.
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas

http://home.earthlink.net/~s_foster
Old August 21st 03, 01:48 PM
frood

My mom's dog (yes, the one blamed for the carpet incident) would only bark
at people wearing hats. We always said we'd be safe from burglars as long as
they wore a hat. :-)

--
Wendy, packing doggie treats in the flaming pirate stash raiding mobile for
future raids
"AliceW" wrote in message
Well, I found out that Kirby will be of no use to me as a stash guard - he
greets anyone who comes to the door with a wagging tale and a fine
how-do-you-do-come-on-in-won't-you attitude! What a love he has turned

out
to be! BTW, when you raid, give him a "Greenie" to chew on, he really

loves
those and will leave you alone for hours!

--
Alice in NJ

Old August 21st 03, 03:17 PM
nana2b

We always joke that Chloe (who is 12 now and in good shape) would offer the
burglar a beverage before showing him where the valuables are! My dear
departed Leroux did not like anyone wearing dark glasses and hats. I think
it confused him that he could not look at their eyes. He would have guarded
my stash with his life!!

--
Sugar & Spice Quilts by Linda E
http://community.webshots.com/user/frame242