The treadle cometh...

Old July 23rd 03, 03:17 PM
Kate Dicey

Diana Curtis wrote:

Uh ohhhhhhh...
put it in the shed?
:-)
heck.. for a treadle you MAKE room!
think nightstand...
Congratulations on your new machine!
Diana

Err... NOT the shed! It is a very good place for keeping the DH busy,
however!

There is a very ugly table holding up a telephone in the dining room
that might easily be replaced. And a stack of plastic boxes I need to
find a better home for than my posh new dining room /kitchen combo!
--
Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk
Old July 23rd 03, 04:41 PM
julia sidebottom

Don't worry, he'll get over it the very first time you use it to make
him something special. Maybe a small quilt or something else for your
man. Back in the early 70' I had a collection of them (15). Of course
when I moved into my much smaller home in 1975 I couldn't take them with
me. Most of them I gave to Henry Ford Museum In Dearborn MI USA. Each
of my sister's and myself kept one. It has a wonderful stitch and it
just 'sings" it is so quiet. And it is great for when we have power
outages. We get a lot of heavy storm activity here and there goes the
power... Our trees tend to take the brunt of the storms though but when
they come down on power lines is it not much fun.
In fact we had a Tornado Warning where a small twister touched down
about a mile from us on Monday. I was in the pool at PT when I was
ordered out of the water and we all went to the storm shelter. I was
dripping wet. When I got home, finally, and there was not power (again)
I didn't miss a stitch because of the lack of power.
I am so excited for you
juliasb

Kate Dicey wrote:

Quite a while ago I happened to mention to
Cathy-mum-of-one-of-small-son's-friends that I wanted a treadle sewing
machine. She has one that used to belong to her granny, wot she don't
want no more coz she's moving and won't have room for it in the new
house. She now has moving date of 25th August, so treadle will prolly
arrive here some time in the next pair of weeks!

Oh, ye gods and little fishes! How do I tell Alan? He will have 43
fits and a dozen kittens, coz WE don't reeely have room either! Akk! I
am in trubbble!
--
Kate XXXXXX (Nor terribly sorry, and will weather the storm SOMEHOW!!)
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!

--
Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!

--

Remove (nospam) from address.

now...
come and journey with me from darkness....
.... into New Life http://www.nwlife.com
Old July 23rd 03, 04:47 PM
Diana Curtis

Default The treadle cometh...

Uh ohhhhhhh...
put it in the shed?
:-)

http://photos.yahoo.com/lunamom44

Old July 23rd 03, 05:24 PM
jules

Well if you are happy then your home is happy and you wouldn't be happy not
to take up the wonderful opportunity *g* have fun with it Kate wherever you
find room for it

--
Jules

Old July 23rd 03, 07:52 PM
Queen of Squishies

Add on a room?

Karen, Queen of Squishies

Old July 23rd 03, 10:52 PM
Sharon Harper

Shame on Cathy for not wanting a treadle machine! Shame, shame, shame! And
of course if you can't fit it in, well, you know what to do - send it to me!

--
Sharon From Melbourne Australia (Qof DU)
http://www.geocities.com/shazrules/index.html

Old July 23rd 03, 11:49 PM
TerriLee in WA

Oh, I'll bet I could *make* room for a treadle. So if it doesn't fit,
let me know. VBEG About those fits & kittens. . . That's a different
matter altogether. grin

Kate Dicey wrote:

[...]

TerriLee Bishop
(opinions are wholly owned by the author and don't represent anything)
;-)
my real email is tlbishop at earthlink dot net
Old July 23rd 03, 11:52 PM
Kate Dicey

Queen of Squishies wrote:

Add on a room?

Karen, Queen of Squishies

Nowhere to add one!

Old July 24th 03, 02:30 AM
Diana Curtis

There is always UP... havent you always wanted a tower room to spend your
dotage in?? Cackling madly and treadling to beat the band?
Diana

--
http://photos.yahoo.com/lunamom44

"Kate Dicey" wrote in message
Queen of Squishies wrote:

Add on a room?

Karen, Queen of Squishies

Nowhere to add one!

Old July 24th 03, 02:53 AM
D&D

Sharon, there have been a few on ebay recently but they go around the $400
mark. A few featherweights have been advertised as well, they are so cute.
This morning I saw I loverly quilt top that was $22.50 and needed some
mending, tempting!!

Dee in Oz

u...