reply to Mirjam

Old November 21st 03, 10:12 PM
Jan Lennie

Default reply to Mirjam

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jan Lennie"
To: "Mirjam Bruck-Cohen"
Sent: Friday, November 21, 2003 7:16 PM
Subject: Ot Synagogue in Turkey blown up

Mirjam ,
I really don't see any point in carrying on this discussion with you - you
have your views and I have mine and it would seem 'never the twain would
meet' You are obviously a very knowledgable lady and I bow to your

knowledge
however , attacking my views will not change them. I've never asked you to
give up your point of view so please do me the honour of extending the

same
courtesy.
Jan
Old November 21st 03, 10:19 PM
Jan Lennie

As ever Mirjam 'claims' that because a persons views differ , her views are
being attacked - this is a copy of the last letter she sent to my personal
mail
' think that the fact i wrote to you in private and not in public
should have indicated i had no meaning to attack or insult you while ,
you were , taking the insultive langauge towards me
So now i think maybe this should go to public post ,,, where it should
have been writen in the first place . mirjam '
Please don't bother to send any more post to my personal mail Mirjam as I've
blocked you and will not receive it . You tire me .
Jan

Old November 22nd 03, 03:34 AM
Caryn

As ever Mirjam 'claims' that because a persons views differ , her views are
being attacked - this is a copy of the last letter she sent to my personal
mail

I once exchanged a series of personal emails with Mirjam, which I thought we
both benefitted from.

Only to have her accuse me of something nasty later.

I've come to understand that her personal view of the world allows no one else
to be right about anything. According to her: we are all anti-semites, even
those of us with Jewish blood: everything in the world is directly tied to the
Nazis, the holocaust, and Hitler; and the world is out to destroy the Jews, we
are all part of that conspiracy.

It's really sad that she can't see that there is more in the world than that.

I have killfiled her, I suggest others do the same. My enjoyment of rctn has
greatly improved since I no longer have to read her paranoid delusions and
accusations.

Caryn
Blue Wizard Designs
http://hometown.aol.com/crzy4xst/index.html
Updated: 7/7/03 -- now available Dragon of the Stars
View WIPs at: http://community.webshots.com/user/carynlws (Caryn's UFO's)
Old November 22nd 03, 09:59 AM
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Telling somebody that her views are coloured is an accusation or an
attack and not a recognition of the Difference of opinion, as a mtter
of fact your view is just as much rooted in your life exoerience ,
Telling somebody that my life experience is different doesn`t imply i
think mine is the only right one , i only hold on to my right to have
different points of view which you deny me by telling me mine is
coloured , thus in other way you are the one insiting that YOUR point
of view is the right and true one since your point of view isn`t
colored [ according to you] by the living in the war zone , thus you
deny me to have mine ... and ps it is you who claimed that i attacked
your views , before i thought about this term ....
mirjam

Old November 22nd 03, 10:09 AM
Brenda Lewis

Yeah, Jan, you know Wilt-The-Stilt Chamberlain. IIRC, he scored a
lot... {DUCKING & RUNNING TO A GALAXY FAR, FAR AWAY}

Mirjam Bruck-Cohen wrote:
Hee Jan , i suggest you read up on your history , does Chamberlain
ring a bell ?????

--
Brenda Lewis
WIP: "Pink Baby" photo frame, Candamar

Old November 22nd 03, 10:12 AM
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Old November 22nd 03, 10:20 AM
Jan Lennie

I think I've well and truly learnt my lesson about attempting to have a sane
conversation with M B-C about something not to do with needlework . I should
have listened to the warning bells sent up by the rest of you !
Oh well c'est la vie .
Even though she irritates me no end and her rants have a tendency towards
fanaticism I have decided to ignore her postings on anything but needlework
from now on , maybe as we all go on to do that she'll get the hint (or maybe
not !!!! - What is the quote ? 'There's none so blind as he who will not
see'!)
Whatever , bye bye M B-C .
Jan

Old November 22nd 03, 10:41 AM
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

I really have no idea what you are talking about , i am not into
accusing people of something unless they do it ,,,,
As to my ideas about Anti-semitism , who is, and who isn`t i am
entitled to have them , just as you have your right to have yours.
You would be surprised to note that i have lessend it`s seriousness ,
than many Important world leaders now look upon it , and understand
what it signals.

As ever Mirjam 'claims' that because a persons views differ , her views are
being attacked - this is a copy of the last letter she sent to my personal
mail

I once exchanged a series of personal emails with Mirjam, which I thought we
both benefitted from.

Only to have her accuse me of something nasty later.

I've come to understand that her personal view of the world allows no one else
to be right about anything. According to her: we are all anti-semites, even
those of us with Jewish blood:

Unlike me who appear here with my full names and country which, signal
me as being Jewish , i have never asked anybody here about their
background , nore family roots , i accept everyone as they are , i
deal with opinions not with race , religion or roots, i oppose ideas
that are based on this sources ,,, Thus if you have an Anti semitic
idea , i will oppose it whomever says it.
verything in the world is directly tied to the
Nazis, the holocaust, and Hitler; and the world is out to destroy the Jews, we
are all part of that conspiracy.

If you claim that you exchanged private emails with me ,,, etc,, and
you haven`t seen me beyond the above statement , you have a serious
reading problem , either you can`t or won`t read any facts that will
clash with your prejudge..... Conspiracy is an American idea. I don`t
know what you mean by that ,
Reading/studing Sociological currents and see where they lead too are
not connected to Conspiracy ideas ,,,, they rae just an interesting by
product of living in the middle of this times , and being exposed to
so many Cultural Streams.
It's really sad that she can't see that there is more in the world than that.

And what do you see in the world ....just half an hour ago , the
Hizbulla radio station ,,,,, [ in Arabic ,, which you of course
understand but disregard ?????] declared that last weeks attacks are
only the Strat of the war on UK .... But as you wrote ,, i can`t see
that the world has more than that ????
I make my art and you might be surprised to read the following quote
from the South Bend Tribune ,,,,, My friends and my art works
....." One hour here is worth more than a month`s coverage in the New
York Times or the National Public Radio .....

I have killfiled her, I suggest others do the same. My enjoyment of rctn has
greatly improved since I no longer have to read her paranoid delusions and
accusations.

Hiding from facts that you don`t like , never ,makes life easier ,
mirjam

Old November 22nd 03, 02:55 PM
Ellice

On 11/22/03 5:09 AM,"Brenda Lewis" posted:

Yeah, Jan, you know Wilt-The-Stilt Chamberlain. IIRC, he scored a
lot... {DUCKING & RUNNING TO A GALAXY FAR, FAR AWAY}

Ah, Brenda - 5 in the morning???? You really were thinking about Wilt ;^p
Seriously, you know this could now start a complete thread about athletes,
sexual irresponsibility, the media, overpaid athletes, sexual allegations
for money, and could Wilt's claims possibly be true?

FWIW, some professional sports teams (members of which we've been friendly
with) had what was known as "The Contest" . Yup, who "scored" the most over
the season. The winner a few years in a row, IMO, by all other counts a
great guy, not gorgeous, but I could see his charm - the out of play person
is very bright, soft-spoken, nice eyes - counter to the feisty player. I was
always perplexed by this, as we also know the wife and kids. Said 3 time
winner retired from playing a few years back, and I'm happy to say that I
believe the "Contest" stopped at least last season.

OTOH, another guy, with whom we're friendly - but who is kind of the class
clown guy. Former contest runner-up. Very, very nice-looking. Journeyman
kind of player. Gorgeous wife. 3 kids. We know the whole family - including
his parents - dad an ex-Navy chief type (Canadian). His mom told me "the
reason our grandkids are so good is all because of our daughter-in-law" .
Dad totally cracks on pro-athlete son - either about his being slow since he
was a kid, or general teasing. Said athlete gets traded to another city -
far away. We don't see him for several months,. Next season, he's retired
now - wham - we're out at a hang-out, and he's bouncing some 35-45 yr old
dressing like she's Britney Spears with implants on his lap. Huh? We have
some greetings with the guy - the 'babe' is a little too spacey to converse
with. One of our other guys in the business says "Oh, yeah - he f-ed that up
good - and I do mean f-ed it up. Forgot he was married when he got traded -
XXX has filed the papers." "Oh, I'm not surprised - but she's so nice, and
gorgeous." "yup - he totally screwed that pooch" . Fast forward some time,
and we're walking thru the arena underground (event behind the scenes level)
and pass by the bus which is there to transport visiting teams. In the front
window is a huge can - like the 3# coffee size. It has a paper wrapper,
written in marker "THE JXXXX YYYYYY pay ZZZZZZZ Divorce Fund" We could
only see the JXXXXX YYY FUND part - so as we passed the next time, DH asked
the driver who was hanging about "What the heck is that can with the JXXXX
Fund?" Driver takes it out and shows us "Yup - we're collecting for JXXXX.
What a dope. And y'know, ZZZZZZZ took him to the cleaners" We stuck up for
ZZZZZ, of course. But, can you imagine how embarassing to be only retired
not even a full season, and have your peers seeing this, let alone
contributing? As a footnote - said guy does seem to have settled down to be
acting more responsibly, and adult. I never used to really get much out of
time spent talking with him, and recently have seen him getting the ego in
check, and had some truly worthwhile conversations.

So, I think the times have changed a bit. The totally wild level of the Wilt
days seems to be passe'. But, still, you never know.

Ellice