OT but funny as hell

Old September 3rd 03, 12:53 AM
Carol in SLC

Default OT but funny as hell

Seattle has a vote coming up on Sept 16.

a ten cent tax on EXPRESSO!

Wonder if Starbuck's is lobbying like crazy!!

Carol in SLC
eBay:
http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...include=0&user
id=celestialbeads
JustBeads:
http://www.justbeads.com/search/ql.cfm?s=5530
My jewelry (8/28): http://members.aol.com/carolinslc/hoyt1.jpg
Old September 3rd 03, 01:08 AM
Deirdre S.

This makes me laugh! But in all honesty, I hope they can raise the
funds needed for underfunded services. Our capacity to look after
home-folks keeps dwindling as our military budget soars.

Deirdre

Old September 3rd 03, 01:22 AM
Jalynne

On the serious side of this...our schools DESPERATELY need it. The schools in this
state are generally pretty lacking. There are some exceptions, of course, but not in
my area, at least. I'm glad we'll be getting more money into the schools if this
passes.
--
Jalynne

"vj" wrote in message
Seattle has a vote coming up on Sept 16.

a ten cent tax on EXPRESSO!

they don't drink enough alcohol to make that viable, and they need
money for schools.

ROTFLOL!

-----------
@vicki [SnuggleWench]
(Books) http://www.booksnbytes.com
(Jewelry) http://www.vickijean.com
-----------
It's not what you take, when you leave this world behind you;
it's what you leave behind you when you go. -- Randy Travis

Old September 3rd 03, 02:34 AM
Kandice Seeber

Yes, but I don't think that Starbuck's understands that it would not take
business away from them - people are still addicted to caffeine enough to
not mind the extra 10 cents. Now, if they tacked on 50 cents or a dollar,
that would be different. Then I would buy my espresso on eBay.

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs

]Wonder if Starbuck's is lobbying like crazy!!

indeed, they ARE!

10cents/cup will add up fast in Seattle, apparently!

-----------

Old September 3rd 03, 02:35 AM
Kandice Seeber

Oh, hell yeah! Seattle loves coffee, that's for sure! And alcohol has
enough taxes on it, I think.

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs

]On the serious side of this...our schools DESPERATELY need it. The

schools in this
]state are generally pretty lacking. There are some exceptions, of

course, but not in
]my area, at least. I'm glad we'll be getting more money into the schools

if this
]passes.

honestly - i have no problem with the concept - at all.

i just thought it was hysterical that the decided against the alcohol
because it wouldn't pay enough, but the expresso would!

CNN thought so, too.

-----------

Old September 3rd 03, 02:50 AM
Kandice Seeber

Caramel Macchiato is my fave.

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs

Wonder if Starbuck's is lobbying like crazy!!

We've got a new one open here in Oz! What's the nicest coffee they have?

--
Melinda
http://cust.idl.com.au/athol

Old September 3rd 03, 03:03 AM
Christina Peterson

The sillies. Why not legalize and tax pot? Our state courts have re-upheld
Alaska's constitutional right to privacy, and personal use of pot. Up to 4
oz is legal, as far as State law and prosecution is concerned.

Tina

Old September 3rd 03, 03:27 AM
starlia

It's so funny that the feds say they won't give Alaska any funding until
they give up those rights. Yeah right. I know Alaskans and I know that
isn't going to happen. Why? Because they can and they can support
themselves without the feds hanging around.

Old September 3rd 03, 04:39 AM
Jalynne

Oh, I know, i didn't think you were making fun of it at all. I just think that
Starbucks isn't looking at the big picture. Like a DIME is gonna make a difference??
Ok, so i don't buy their coffee, because i don't like it, I go to Seattle's Best
instead, but still, ...LOL. I think it'd be a great thing!
--
Jalynne

"vj" wrote in message
vj found this in rec.crafts.beads, from "Jalynne"
:

Old September 3rd 03, 04:48 AM
Valerie

The sillies. Why not legalize and tax pot? Our state courts have re-upheld
Alaska's constitutional right to privacy, and personal use of pot. Up to 4
oz is legal, as far as State law and prosecution is concerned.

I've thought the same thing for a long time. It's stupid not to take advantage
of it. I mean hell, cigarettes and alcohol are taxed like crazy. And I think
it's criminal that all states won't allow medicinal marijuana...
But on the lighter side, it is hilarious that Seattle wants to tax espresso
because alcohol won't bring in the cash needed. Although that is a good thing
IMO in terms of alcohol consumption.

Valerie
Website: http://www.geocities.com/m2ir8/index.html

OH HELL NO -- (hearts two) Becki Beads 3 August 27th 03 06:33 PM
OT -- too funny! Lee S. Billings Beads 7 July 17th 03 09:33 PM