Oh. So THAT'S why I've been such a cranky ho!

Old August 28th 03, 07:59 PM
Deirdre S.

Thanks. So far it is being fairly painless. Hope I'm not jinxing it by
saying so...

Deirdre

On Thu, 28 Aug 2003 18:48:46 GMT, "Jalynne"
wrote:

awwwww, bummer, Deirdre...sorry about that.

Big fluffy hugs headed your way.

Old August 28th 03, 08:17 PM
Deirdre S.

Well, at least that is something. My partner gets menstrual migraines,
so I figure I've got it easy.

Deirdre

On Thu, 28 Aug 2003 19:08:49 GMT, "Jalynne"
wrote:

I still hurt, but I don't care so much...LOL.

Old August 28th 03, 11:27 PM
Christina Peterson

For a while I thought it might have to do with the incontinence that comes
around the some time as menopause.

Tina

"Deirdre S." wrote in message
What a fun ritual...

But I didn't get beyond three silver ones this time around.

Deirdre

On 28 Aug 2003 05:26:56 GMT, ospam (Kaytee) wrote:

There is an alt.support.menopuse group that does a count-down: you get to

paint
one toenail silver for every month you are "paused", and when you get to

one
year, you get to paint all your toenails gold....

Old August 29th 03, 01:13 AM
Dr. Sooz

For a while I thought it might have to do with the incontinence that comes
around the some time as menopause.

Haw haw haw HAW! Oh -- woops........laughed too hard again.
~~
Sooz
-------
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links
Old August 29th 03, 04:51 AM
Cheryl

My partner gets menstrual migraines,
so I figure I've got it easy.

hey - speaking of which
did you ever discuss that combination of drugs with her that I found out worked
for me?????
Cheryl of A HREF="http://www.dragonbeads.com" DRAGON BEADS /A
Flameworked beads and glass
http://www.dragonbeads.com/

Old August 29th 03, 04:52 AM
Cheryl

The irony is ... that my period started this morning. That'll teach me
to -talk about it- next time I get a reprieve of any gratifying
length...

Deirdre

sheesh - sounds like a bunch of us are on the same cycle.... LOL

Old August 29th 03, 04:29 PM
Deirdre S.

Yes, and she brought them up with her doctor (whom she has reason to
trust), who thought the diuretic was a less-than-good idea for her
because of some other thing she was taking. I forget the details.

But lately she's been doing better. One or two migraines per cycle,
that last most of a day, but not longer. She used to have as many as
eight per cycle, -- the week before, during and then the week after.
Left her with only about one week per month when she was
migraine-safe.

When she's in the midst of a migraine and isn't at work or with
clients, I can at least give her neck and back-rubs. It may not stop
the pain, but it helps her to relax a bit in spite of it, and has a
bit of creature-comfort factor.

No one will be happier to see the end of her monthly cycles than she
will, though. Unfortunately, her doctor has warned that for a few
people, even menopause doesn't stop the cyclical migraines. Which
seems utterly weird, since they presumably have a hormonal trigger,
and your hormones aren't the same after menopause.

Deirdre

Old August 29th 03, 05:25 PM
Jalynne

Some people have migraines that don't have a hormonal trigger, even though it may
seem that they do before menopause. My mom is a prime example. She has vascular
migraines as opposed to the hormonal kind. She's had them since she was a little
girl. Menopause didn't affect them one way or another. She mostly gets them after
she's just gotten through a stressful day...and they can come at any time. My SIL on
the other hand, hers are hormonal, as are mine. SIL has HORRIBLE ones, and the doc
think it's because she has too much estrogen...and I think that is the case with me
as well, since I'm estrogen dominant. When I use natural progesterone cream they go
away nearly completely. They got better for SIL when she used it, but didn't go away
completely, but hers are way more severe and frequent than anyone i've ever seen.
There are ways to deal with the vascular type migraines, though, and my mom can live
fairly pain free. Instead of having headaches 3 or 4 days a week, she gets them once
every week or two. I know, not encouraging, but it's better. And better is good.

--
Jalynne

Old August 29th 03, 05:35 PM
Kaytee

In article , vj
writes:

what
would happen on a nuclear sub when they all had PMS at the same time.

Women aren't/weren't allowed to be stationed on subs... or in Submarine Service
in general.
Kaytee
"Simplexities" on
www.eclecticbeadery.com