Cotton Clothesline for Coil Bowls?

Old March 17th 05, 08:44 PM
The Brown Family

Default Cotton Clothesline for Coil Bowls?

Grrrrrrr.......can someone tell me where you buy this? I have just been out to
4 stores and cannot find it anywhere. I live in Canada and I've been to
Zellers, Wal-Mart, Canadian Tire and Home Depot. Of course I just ripped all
the fabric into strips, took off threads and ironed them ready to go. I'm just
a little frustrated......wanted to try this today.

Thanks,
Lorraine

Old March 17th 05, 08:50 PM
CNYstitcher

odd...walmart usually carries it in the same area of the store where
hangers and such are located. If need be, I can try and track some down
this weekend and get it to you.

Larisa

Old March 17th 05, 09:00 PM
Terbear

I bought the blend at Home Depot, and it works just fine. It is very sturdy
& shapes easily. I am going back today to buy more & to buy the thinner
clothesline.
Teri

--
Teri
http://gallery.ppwp.com/gallery/Tquilts

Old March 17th 05, 09:06 PM
Kellie J. Berger

Walmart here had it in hardware near the paints...

--
-- Kellie
kjbeanne at yahoo dot com

Old March 17th 05, 10:06 PM
The Brown Family

They only have the plastic coated type. But, I just went to Home Hardware and
found Braided Cotton Rope for $15.99 Canadian for 100 ft..........how much is
the clothesline?

Lorraine

Old March 17th 05, 10:07 PM
The Brown Family

I was there also and saw a blend, but wasn't sure whether to get it or not.
What thickness did you get?

Lorraine

Old March 17th 05, 10:33 PM
Liz & Allan MacDonald

How frustrating!
Can you find any kind of cord or rope? (Nylon, polypropylene?) I used
clothesline because it looked like it would work and 200 feet was
$11.50. Maybe they're calling it sash cord.
Liz

Old March 18th 05, 12:41 AM

I had to go to three different stores looking for cotton clothesline.
The Dollar Store sold only plastic line. I found it at Ace Hardware,
fifty feet for $4. where they had window sash cord (which is too tough).
I had some old, soft line I once used outdoors (before electric dryer
use) and it made a good bowl and was easy on the jeans needle. The
cotton clothesline had a really hard core, but made a very sturdy bowl.
Liz, you have me 'hooked.' Photos to follow soon. (Now my Guild wants me
to give a class! 8^) Nancycog in MD, who put chocolate chip cookies in
hers!!

Old March 18th 05, 12:53 AM
joan8904 in Bellevue Nebraska

I found some upholstery cording in the sewing department of Walmart for
$2.32. And unrelated to coil bowls, I also found something called a
Craft Glove today at Walmart. I've worn these for years on my right
hand. It keeps the wrist warm and supposedly helps avoid carpal tunnel
problems. Whatever, when I cut fabric for 8 hours, it keeps my right
wrist from aching. I've always paid about $20 for these, except for
one on clearance at Target for $13. Walmart has them for $4.95. I
think I'll go back and buy 4, just in case. (I lose them. Need one
upstairs and one down. Need both them for both hands at work........)

joan

fabric bowls Monique Parreira Quilting 0 September 29th 04 07:25 PM
Cotton clothesline RMS Knots 0 March 19th 04 03:16 AM
For Sale: four cotton fabric collections on Ebay Kristi M. Quilting 16 February 20th 04 12:41 PM
Question regarding penelope 10/20 Canvas and DMC Perle Cotton Thread C_Bowlin Needlework 9 January 27th 04 02:05 PM