556 Queen Stitches IR's Mother to Daughter

Old January 16th 08, 05:52 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Karen C in California

Default 556 Queen Stitches IR's Mother to Daughter

lucretia borgia wrote:

On Wed, 16 Jan 2008 07:51:10 -0500, Cheryl Isaak
opined:

I thought you were younger than I?

People trip up if they tell lies - so who was telling what - we all
want to know :-Þ

Must've been when I pointed out that, not having had children who will
eventually be older than me, I will never have to admit to being a day
over 25.

--
Karen C - California
Editor/Proofreader www.IntlProofingConsortium.com

Finished 12/25/07 -- several scarves for kids in Kosovo

WIP: Sesame Street group picture, MLI The Teacher (gift to the library),
Bethany Angel, Flowers of Hawaii (Jeanette Crews) for ME!!!
Retrieved from UFO pile: Marbek's Snow Angel

www.CFSfacts.org where we give you the facts and dispel the myths
Myths, with research cites: http://www.aacfs.org/images/pdfs/myths.pdf
Old January 16th 08, 09:52 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Joan E.

On Jan 15, 5:49 pm, lucretia borgia
wrote:

Lovely piece Joan, your mother must have liked that.

Thanks, she did!

Old January 16th 08, 09:53 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Joan E.

On Jan 15, 6:08 pm, "Lucille" lzoltynospam@now at comcast..net
wrote:

Since it seems to be birthday announcement time--Today is Puff's 7th
Birthday. And you know what, he doesn't look a day over 4.

LOL! Hmmm. 49, huh? So that means in a few months he'll turn the Big
5-0! We'll have to have a party for him!!!!

Joan
Old January 16th 08, 09:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Joan E.

On Jan 15, 6:24 pm, "Mavia Beaulieu" wrote:

That design is beautiful Joan! I love the poem! I'm sure your parents
appreciated it! Congratulations on doing that many Smyrna using metallic
gold!

It about drove me nuts but it did turn out really well.

Our Guild did a project with borders using over 1600 Smyrna crosses
but at least they were done with #12 perle cotton!

Metallic or perle cotton, that's still a *lot* of stitches! What was
the design? Is there a pic anywhere?

Joan
Old January 16th 08, 09:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Joan E.

On Jan 15, 6:39 pm, Gill Murray wrote:

I just can say WOW!!!!!! Your parents must be so special!!

That they are! After dealing with some of the issues with DH's family
(and they were minor compared to many of the parents/in-laws stories
I've heard about here!) it makes me appreciate them *so* much!

Joan
Old January 16th 08, 09:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Joan E.

On Jan 15, 6:42 pm, "Lucille" lzoltynospam@now at comcast..net
wrote:

That's a beautiful piece. As a matter of fact, all your work is lovely.

blush Thanks. You guys are going to give me a big head!

Joan
Old January 16th 08, 10:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Joan E.

On Jan 16, 5:55 am, Cheryl Isaak wrote:

I am in awe

I'm sure you have some pieces just as lovely, Cheryl! Come to think
of it, do you have pics posted anywhere????

Joan
Old January 16th 08, 10:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Lucille[_3_]

On Jan 15, 6:08 pm, "Lucille" lzoltynospam@now at comcast..net
wrote:

Since it seems to be birthday announcement time--Today is Puff's 7th
Birthday. And you know what, he doesn't look a day over 4.

LOL! Hmmm. 49, huh? So that means in a few months he'll turn the Big
5-0! We'll have to have a party for him!!!!

Joan

I'll supply the biscuits-no need to bring gifts, unless you want to teach
him to do needlework.

Old January 17th 08, 07:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Mavia Beaulieu

"Joan E." wrote in message
On Jan 15, 6:24 pm, "Mavia Beaulieu" wrote:

That design is beautiful Joan! I love the poem! I'm sure your parents
appreciated it! Congratulations on doing that many Smyrna using metallic
gold!

It about drove me nuts but it did turn out really well.

Our Guild did a project with borders using over 1600 Smyrna crosses
but at least they were done with #12 perle cotton!

Metallic or perle cotton, that's still a *lot* of stitches! What was
the design? Is there a pic anywhere?

Joan

The design is Called One Stitch at a Time by Patricia Ann Designs. There is
a picture in my album at
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/RCTNP/

The smyrnas are the two inner borders and all the lines that separate the 36
squares!

Mavia