OFF TOPIC I'm passing this law at my house

Old June 13th 07, 07:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

Default OFF TOPIC I'm passing this law at my house

http://www.wmur.com/news/13496010/detail.html

Old June 13th 07, 07:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
lewmew

On Jun 13, 1:06 pm, Cheryl Isaak wrote:
http://www.wmur.com/news/13496010/detail.html

Me too! DS is trying to wear his as low as he can get by with
(although not so low he has to hold them up to walk LOL!). You think
with a father who works in the correction system and all the stories
he hears about how it is such a gangsta look, it'd sink in, but no.
Ugh! Teen years! I hope the ultra preppy look comes back soon!

Old June 13th 07, 07:50 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Lucille[_3_]

"Cheryl Isaak" wrote in message
http://www.wmur.com/news/13496010/detail.html

I think they've been banned in our local high schools. I thought they were
on the way out, but apparently not yet.

Soon I hope

Old June 13th 07, 09:33 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Mary

Have any of these kids realized that underwear is supposed to be
UNDER? That it's not cool to show your shorts? Or bra straps?
Sheesh!

My sister teaches school, and kids and their parents are informed of
the dress code in writing at the beginning of every school year. For
a first infraction the kid is sent to the office, where the principal
requires that the kid remedy the situation immediately with a belt (if
undershorts show) or shirt (bra straps, etc.), and he happpens to have
what is needed in a handy box. The box contains the ugliest selection
of belts and shirts you can imagine! (I think he went shopping at a
thrift shop.) A second infraction is being sent home for the rest of
the day with O's in all course work for that day, and a third is a 3-
day suspension. After that I don't know, but it seems to have the
problem in hand at the school.

Old June 14th 07, 12:34 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

On Jun 13, 5:33 pm, Mary wrote:
[...]

It's not just at high school that it's an issue, unfortunately. All
the girls' clothes, especially, seem to be hip-hugging and tummy
revealing, from about size four up. I had to buy a swimsuit for my
toddler, and it had swim shorts and a swim t-shirt, which I thougt was
perfect for sun protection. I didn't realize it had a third piece,
which was, I kid you not, a string bikini top! I know of other
mothers with young daughters who buy their t-shirts in the boys'
department because the boys' shirts of the same size are usually an an
inch or two longer. What am I going to do come high school? Although,
by then, it will have swung the other way and they'll be in full ankle
length skirts. I hope!

Louisa

Old June 14th 07, 12:49 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
ellice

On 6/13/07 2:06 PM, "Cheryl Isaak" wrote:

http://www.wmur.com/news/13496010/detail.html

LOL - good for you. Personally, I just can't figure out what's attractive
about 4" of undies showing all bunched up at the top of pants, and a crotch
near your knees - let alone - it can't be too comfy for moving around.

ellice

Old June 14th 07, 12:57 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
ellice

On 6/13/07 2:46 PM, "lewmew" wrote:

On Jun 13, 1:06 pm, Cheryl Isaak wrote:
http://www.wmur.com/news/13496010/detail.html

Me too! DS is trying to wear his as low as he can get by with
(although not so low he has to hold them up to walk LOL!). You think
with a father who works in the correction system and all the stories
he hears about how it is such a gangsta look, it'd sink in, but no.
Ugh! Teen years! I hope the ultra preppy look comes back soon!

I was just happy that the goddaughter, brainiac child, who insists on
wearing ultra-low jeans, has finally agreed that perhaps she was out of line
insisting on wearing a skirt so low on her hips that her mom and I remarked
that the slightest millimeter slip, and there'd be no doubt she's a natural
redhead.

ellice

Old June 14th 07, 01:04 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
ellice

On 6/13/07 4:33 PM, "Mary" wrote:

[...]

Sounds like a good approach. When I was in junior high, they had a 3" above
the knee rule, and I can remember my art teacher sending me to the
principal's office. They'd measure you, and then if your hem was too short,
you'd go to the nurse's office, and take it down. And walk around with it
hanging funny for the rest of the day.

Then in my hippie, progressive high school - which started with no dress
code - they had to instill one after too many bikini top - short short
events. So, you had to wear "appropriate" undergarments - if you has a
see-through shirt, must have a bra for girls. And no bathing suit tops, had
to be of cloth, not just a bra top - but lots of shirts with bare backs and
strings tieing them together. And something about shorts not being slit all
the way up the side, I think the inseam had to be at least 4" or something.
The pictures from the first month of school in Miami, with no dress code -
they're pretty interesting, to say the least. Personally, I wore a lot of
my favorite army pants, and little tops, and clogs....

ellice

Old June 14th 07, 02:33 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Sharon

On Jun 13, 5:30 pm, lucretia borgia
wrote:
Cheryl Isaak ,in
rec.crafts.textiles.needleworkwrote:
and entertained us with

http://www.wmur.com/news/13496010/detail.html

Good for you! It looks a little dangerous to me, they could trip and
damage their penis. That's what I told a grandson who started to
affect that style. I find suggesting penile damage to male teens
generally gives them pause for thought.

Love it - leave it to you to come up with something like that. :-)
Whatever works I say. I was just watching a bunch of high school kids
go over the highway walkway the other day - they look like a bunch of
prisoners - all dressed the same in next to nothing t-shirts and lo-
slung jeans. Hideous if you ask me, but I'm an old fart now I guess.
Back *in the day* when I went to high school, we weren't even allowed
to wear slacks, girls had to wear dresses or skirts with blouses, we
weren't allowed to wear anything that had a big zipper (they were in
then) - that was considered obscene (!!!) How the times have changed
and I'm not sure for the better. I do get a kick out of the lime
green and bright pink and orange hair some of them are donning tho' -
that's creative and safe.

Sharon (N.B.)

Old June 14th 07, 03:19 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

On 6/13/07 4:30 PM, in article ,
"lucretia borgia" wrote:

Cheryl Isaak ,in
rec.crafts.textiles.needleworkwrote:
and entertained us with
http://www.wmur.com/news/13496010/detail.html

Good for you! It looks a little dangerous to me, they could trip and
damage their penis. That's what I told a grandson who started to
affect that style. I find suggesting penile damage to male teens
generally gives them pause for thought.

I hadn't thought of that.
I have given the odd wedgie when I can.

Passing it on The Other Kim Yarn 9 April 18th 07 02:21 PM
Passing the Flame Fragile Warrior \(Mrs.2nz to YOU\) Beads 8 July 28th 05 01:23 AM
Ot- passing Christina In Ok Quilting 37 November 8th 04 12:53 PM
FS "Passing the Flame" Jim Moore Beads 0 April 20th 04 10:54 AM
House hunting... on topic sorta... Jan Dunaway Quilting 25 January 28th 04 04:04 PM