Waaay OT; Muslim cartoons.

Old February 2nd 06, 08:11 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

Default Back on Subject - enabling Waaay OT; Muslim cartoons.

On 2/2/06 11:14 AM, in article ,
"lucretia borgia" wrote:

Snip!

Anna Pearson has done some canvas designs based on tiles from Mosques.
I have done her Samarkand - beastly counting job but lovely when
finished.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/ksadavey/catalogue.htm

Scroll down there and you will find it.

Those are lovely - I could happily stitch anything there!
Cheryl

Old February 2nd 06, 08:53 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

Default Waaay OT; Muslim cartoons.

Pat P wrote:

I always think it strange that He`s usually portrayed as a white,
brownhaired man!

I too find it odd that She's often portrayed that way.

Elizabeth
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old February 3rd 06, 12:54 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

Interesting article on the matter in wikipedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jylland...ammad_cartoons

Dora

Old February 3rd 06, 01:39 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

Candy stripers? What's offensive about them? {G&D&R}

Fay wrote:
Remember these are CARTOONS! These show freedom of the press and freedom of
speech. A few of these are funny. If they offended you don't look. If you
are offended by stripers, don't go to strip clubs.

--
Brenda
Tickler of Chuzzles
Old February 3rd 06, 02:24 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

Interesting article on the matter in wikipedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jylland...ammad_cartoons

Sheena wrote
Thanks Dora, interesting. I think the word I noticed that probably
equals what I thought was 'provocative' - I feel the drawings were
done to be provocative and really make little sense except to stir a
very serious pot these days. I can't see any purpose that they
served. IMO
****************************
Oh it probably seemed like a good idea at the time. Some of the
cartoons had been published before without incident.
I liked the cartoon of the small boy writing in Arabic (part of the
set) that the editors were reactionary provocateurs myself. However, be
sure to read the rumours & misinformation section.

Dora

Old February 3rd 06, 03:22 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

Wow - they're beautiful. I really like Samarkand Sheena - and that
Saigon one would look good on you too. :-))

Sharon

Old February 3rd 06, 03:22 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

Old February 3rd 06, 03:44 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

"Fay" wrote in message
Brenda Lewis wrote in
:

Fay wrote:
Remember these are CARTOONS! These show freedom of the press and
freedom of speech. A few of these are funny. If they offended you
don't look. If you are offended by stripers, don't go to strip clubs.

Love your wit! Hate my spelling. All laughter aside I'm sure there are
people that find Candy stripers offensive.

Only fat people wearing them diagonally!

Pat P

Old February 3rd 06, 05:41 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

Pat P wrote:
"Fay" wrote in message

Brenda Lewis wrote in
m:

Fay wrote:

Remember these are CARTOONS! These show freedom of the press and
freedom of speech. A few of these are funny. If they offended you
don't look. If you are offended by stripers, don't go to strip clubs.

Love your wit! Hate my spelling. All laughter aside I'm sure there are
people that find Candy stripers offensive.

Only fat people wearing them diagonally!

Don't forget the overly-perky ones who bounce into your room to say,
"Please wake up, ma'am. It's time for your sleeping pill." This is the
main reason hospital beds are equipped with limb restraints.

--
Brenda
Tickler of Chuzzles
Old February 3rd 06, 05:05 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

Google groups won't quote properly so...
That's exactly the sort of image I had in my mind when I read the
originally post. Or my poor sister, after 4 days of contractions every
7 minutes being scolded by the nurse that she needed to just close her
eyes, relax and go to sleep... it would be good for the baby. Sis
looked up at her and said rather snarkily "What, in 7 minute
intervals?"