Stitcher's Murphy's Law?

Old November 17th 05, 06:10 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

Default Stitcher's Murphy's Law?

wrote in message
oups.com...
Is this a law of stitching?

When you really get down to work on a piece you will run out of the
floss color in the area you need to finish to reach an area where you
can use other colors?

I ran out of DMC 312 (went thru an entire skein already) in the water
around Noah's Sub. I can work on the sub itself, but I can't reach
more of the water area until I fill it in with the 312!

So...is it just me or is this a common phenomenon?

Caryn

Jim`s server won`t let him get messages to RCTN at the moment, so he asked
me to pass on his message:-

"I wanted to post my usual message that if she knew how much floss
she needed *before* she started stitching, Murphy would have been
unable to strike at all.

Jim Cripwell"

Old November 17th 05, 07:36 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

On 11/17/05 1:10 PM, in article , "Pat
P" wrote:

wrote in message
oups.com...
Is this a law of stitching?

When you really get down to work on a piece you will run out of the
floss color in the area you need to finish to reach an area where you
can use other colors?

I ran out of DMC 312 (went thru an entire skein already) in the water
around Noah's Sub. I can work on the sub itself, but I can't reach
more of the water area until I fill it in with the 312!

So...is it just me or is this a common phenomenon?

Caryn

Jim`s server won`t let him get messages to RCTN at the moment, so he asked
me to pass on his message:-

"I wanted to post my usual message that if she knew how much floss
she needed *before* she started stitching, Murphy would have been
unable to strike at all.

Jim Cripwell"

Trust you Jim! Thanks for a good laugh!

Cheryl

Old November 17th 05, 08:10 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

"I wanted to post my usual message that if she knew how much floss
she needed *before* she started stitching, Murphy would have been
unable to strike at all.

Jim Cripwell"

Amen!

--
Karen C - California
www.CFSfacts.org where we give you the facts and dispel the myths

WIP: July birthstone, Flowers of Hawaii (Jeanette Crews) for ME!!!
LTR: Fireman's Prayer (#2), Amid Amish Life, Angel of Autumn,
Calif Sampler, Holiday Snowglobe

See my designs exclusively at www.TyWolfeDesigns.com

Editor/Proofreader http://hometown.aol.com/kmc528/KMC.html
Old November 17th 05, 11:51 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

All we really need is to have the chart designers list if we need more
skeins than one. If they did the original design, they should post whether
we need more than one.
Clarice in AZ

Old November 18th 05, 02:26 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

Not quite in the same category of running out of floss -- I'm finding that
despite having accumulated a lot of beads, buttons, and ribbon, I rarely have
something that's 'perfect' for a project so I'm forced to buy more stuff ;-)
--
another Anne, add ingers to frugalf to reply
Old November 18th 05, 11:17 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

anne wrote:
Not quite in the same category of running out of floss -- I'm finding that
despite having accumulated a lot of beads, buttons, and ribbon, I rarely have
something that's 'perfect' for a project so I'm forced to buy more stuff ;-)
--
another Anne, add ingers to frugalf to reply

I had a complete selection of floss, and yet it seems there is always
one I'm out of when I want to work on something! lol

And of course, you have designers who insist on 7 packets of a
particular bead, and most LNS only have 2-4 on the hook! Even if you
have that bead in your stash, how likely are you to have 7 packets of
it? lol

Caryn

Old November 18th 05, 12:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

On 11/17/05 9:26 PM, in article
, "anne"
wrote:

Not quite in the same category of running out of floss -- I'm finding that
despite having accumulated a lot of beads, buttons, and ribbon, I rarely have
something that's 'perfect' for a project so I'm forced to buy more stuff ;-)

This is a problem?

Cheryl

Old November 18th 05, 12:43 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

Cheryl Isaak said
Not quite in the same category of running out of floss -- I'm finding that
despite having accumulated a lot of beads, buttons, and ribbon, I rarely have
something that's 'perfect' for a project so I'm forced to buy more stuff ;-)

This is a problem?

rofl ... I'm off to HobbyLobby later today to find the 'perfect' red shape to
use as fill for a project even though I bought other red shapes at AC Moore and
Michaels yesterday. I could fill with embroidered flowers but I'm under the gun
and beading is quicker.
--
another Anne, add ingers to frugalf to reply
Old November 18th 05, 01:23 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

On 18 Nov 2005 03:17:07 -0800, "
wrote:

I had a complete selection of floss, and yet it seems there is always
one I'm out of when I want to work on something! lol

And of course, you have designers who insist on 7 packets of a
particular bead, and most LNS only have 2-4 on the hook! Even if you
have that bead in your stash, how likely are you to have 7 packets of
it? lol

Caryn

That's when I get creative and use the beads I want to use. Seed
beads off the rack in any other brand are dirt cheap. I never buy the
beads intended by the designer. I go and substitute with beads which
are priced correctly.