Doomed!

Old June 7th 05, 02:38 AM
Karen C - California

a) is primarily or totally for experienced cross stitchers -- people who
have moved beyond the basics and are into, among other things: designing,
asking technical and complicated questions, cross stitch history,working
with a variety of fabrics, stitches, and fibers... and so on

b) doesn't allow many off-topic posts

c) is well-moderated and polite

Try the EGA National list at YahooGroups. Alternately, start your own
list run by your own rules.
--
Karen C - California
Finished 5/31/05 - Stars of Merlin wedding sampler

WIP: 50th Anniversary sampler for my parents, July birthstone
LTR: Fireman's Prayer (#2), Amid Amish Life, Angel of Autumn,
Calif Sampler, Holiday Snowglobe

Paralegal - Writer - Editor - Researcher
http://hometown.aol.com/kmc528/KMC.html
blogging at http://journals.aol.com/kmc528/Lifeasweknowit/
Old June 7th 05, 05:05 AM
Jan

You might try the Yahoo Groups e-lists

I was looking through them today and thought I
found something close to what you want.

Check the listings at the bottom of the page there are 249
and the one I'm thinking about was # 17. If that's not for
you there's plenty more to check.

I'm not a member, just trying to help out.

--
Jan - WebMistress of:
'A Stitch In Thyme'- http://www.alpinemeadow.com/stitchery/index.html

"Kate Lonsdale" wrote in message ...
Hello everyone,

I don't know if this is appropriate for rctn, but here goes.

As much as I enjoy rctn, I sometimes find it a bit frustrating and I was
wondering if all of you could recommend a cross stitch internet group of
some sort that:

a) is primarily or totally for experienced cross stitchers -- people who
have moved beyond the basics and are into, among other things: designing,
asking technical and complicated questions, cross stitch history,working
with a variety of fabrics, stitches, and fibers... and so on

b) doesn't allow many off-topic posts

c) is well-moderated and polite

Thanks,

Kate

Old June 7th 05, 12:31 PM
Pat EAXStitch

wrote in message
oups.com...
I feel doomed not to start Bagatelle.

First, I ordered 32 ct lugana for it from Silkweaver, fabric arrived,
but was paler than I expected. Much paler.

I sent it back, asked for recommendations for other luganas that might
work, got linens recommended instead--at only twice the price!

After a day of emailing, gave up, got most of my money back. Ok, back
to shopping again.

I've used Dark Green Teal linen from Zweigart before, it's a bit darker
than I really wanted for this project, but closer than the other
fabrics I found.

Looked around, got a great price on it from Wyndham Needleworks. Today
I get an email, it's on order, will be a delay before they can ship it.

ARGH!!!

I had hoped to start this as my reward for finishing St Sylvestre, but
it seems that I am doomed not to get this fabric until at least a month
afterwards!

I know I have lots of other projects going, and they are moving along.
I just wanted my "birthday present to me" to be, well, on or near my
birthday! lol

Caryn (done venting frustration)

Necer mind, Caryn - use the time on one of your UFOs. When IS your
birthday, by the way?

Pat P

Old June 7th 05, 12:41 PM
Pat EAXStitch

"Lucretia Borgia" wrote in message
news
On Mon, 6 Jun 2005 10:33:22 -0700, "Kate Lonsdale"
wrote:

Hello everyone,

I don't know if this is appropriate for rctn, but here goes.

As much as I enjoy rctn, I sometimes find it a bit frustrating and I was
wondering if all of you could recommend a cross stitch internet group of
some sort that:

a) is primarily or totally for experienced cross stitchers -- people who
have moved beyond the basics and are into, among other things: designing,
asking technical and complicated questions, cross stitch history,working
with a variety of fabrics, stitches, and fibers... and so on

Too bad you are ruling out people who wish to learn something, weren't
you a beginner once ?

Oh no, I bet she came down fully equipped with needle and thread (silk, of
course) and a tin of brasso for her halo!

Seriously, though, you`ll go a long way to find people with more
experience - and the willingness to impart it - than on here. As we`ve all
said so MANY times, just ignore the stuff you don`t want to read and stick
to the On Topic stuff.

Pat P

Old June 7th 05, 12:50 PM

Pat EAXStitch wrote:
wrote in message
[...]

It was May 25th, I turned 43. I know, still a youngin' to a lot of
folks! LOL

Course I have two teenagers here who either make me feel old or keep me
young and more or less aware of current pop culture! lol

Caryn

Old June 7th 05, 01:06 PM
Cheryl Isaak

On 6/7/05 7:50 AM, in article
, "
wrote:

Pat EAXStitch wrote:
wrote in message
[...]

Caryn,

Do you have a piece of white that you like but not for your project of
choice? Have you thought about dying it yourself?

Cheryl

Old June 7th 05, 01:20 PM
Tegan

Tegan wrote:

Trust me when I say I understand. I'm so unhappy with the way the
fabric (that I just HAD to have) that I'm using for Crystal (ClearStar
Designs Unicorn) that I'm having a hard time deciding just what to do.

And I know it's bad form to follow up my own post, but after reading I
realized I got sidetracked and never said why or what was wrong with
the fabric... I've gotten used to using 32ct Lugana and the fabric I
chose for Crystal is a 28ct Linen. It's just so "loose" and "airy" by
comparison. I'm having a hard time keeping my stitching tension even.
There's nothing wrong with the fabric, it's all me, but oh.. lots of
teeth grinding going on! LOL

Tegan

Old June 7th 05, 01:57 PM
Tegan

Tegan wrote:

Trust me when I say I understand. I'm so unhappy with the way the
fabric (that I just HAD to have) that I'm using for Crystal (ClearStar
Designs Unicorn) that I'm having a hard time deciding just what to do.

I know it's bad form to follow my own post, but I just reread it and
realized I must have gotten sidetracked and didn't say what was wrong
with the fabric! Actually, there's nothing wrong with the fabric, it's
just that I've been using 32ct lugana quite a bit recently and this is
28ct linen. It just seems so loose and airy by comparison. I'm not too
far from finding another fabric, but then I don't know what I'll do
with this piece! sigh

Tegan

Old June 7th 05, 05:33 PM

Caryn,

Do you have a piece of white that you like but not for your project of
choice? Have you thought about dying it yourself?

Cheryl

I don't at the moment have a big enough piece of white. Natural yes,
white no.

I have considered doing the dying myself, but as the only thing I've
successfully dyed in the past is Tie-Dye shirts, I'm a little reluctant
to attempt it with linen right yet! lol

Caryn