Alphabetizing Designer names

Old May 27th 05, 02:32 PM
anne

Cheryl Isaak said
As an ex librararian i would file it under T and add a index card in
the D reffering you to the T .
mirjam

There's a thought!

Mirjam's right ... you could cross-reference things in your database by
subject, author, etc. Each entry would/should include the physical location of
the chart.

--
another Anne, add ingers to frugalf to reply
Old May 27th 05, 04:17 PM
Pat EAXStitch

"Lucille" wrote in message

"Lucretia Borgia" wrote in message
On Thu, 26 May 2005 09:07:08 -0400, Cheryl Isaak
wrote:

Ok - don't ask, but for some reason I've decided to alphabetize my

charts.
(must be the rain!)

So, does one file Liz Turner Diehl under T or under D?

Lizzie Kate? K? L?

Or the one that really has me fuzzled - what order does Artful
Impressions,
Art-Stitch and ArtVenture go in?

Cheryl

Laughing hard ! I file anything where I think I might be able to
remember where I would have put it lololol

I used your method when I worked and it drove my boss absolutely crazy.

Lucille

Some people just aren`t logical when it comes to filing, are they? Or,
rather, we each have our own kind of logic!!!

Pat P

Old May 27th 05, 04:23 PM
Pat EAXStitch

"anne" wrote in message
ews.com...
Cheryl Isaak said
Ok - don't ask, but for some reason I've decided to alphabetize my

charts.
(must be the rain!)

So, does one file Liz Turner Diehl under T or under D?

You aren't the phone book or the dictionary, are you? File things as Jenn

said
by where you'd most likely find them when/if you wanted them.

Regardless of how you organize the charts, you might also have a little

black
hole or a colony of borrowers that will make recovery of an item pretty
difficult.
--
another Anne, add ingers to frugalf to reply

Oh I LOVE the Borrowers! I`ll have to remember them to blame. At the
moment I seem to get the blame - shouts of "Pat - what have you done with my
glasses/pen/book/shirt ........?"

The trouble with losing your glasses (which you KNOW you put safely on the
coffee table/bedside cabinet/ etc) is without them on your nose you can`t
see the darned things anyway. In any case they`re likely to turn up in the
fridge (where else would you put them?). Today it was screwdrivers!

Pat P

Old May 27th 05, 04:58 PM
Carey N.

"Pat EAXStitch" wrote in message ...

Oh - have you got loads of "Safe Places" too? You know - where things you
carefully put there just vanish without trace and probably end up in a

pile
of junk, waiting to be thrown out?

Pat P

Yeah, usually right near the items that are "hiding in plain sight" and
would bite you if they had teeth.
--
Carey
(been bitten by a few items on occasion....)

Old May 27th 05, 07:06 PM
Pat EAXStitch

"Lucille" wrote in message

"Cheryl Isaak" wrote in message
On 5/27/05 11:19 AM, in article ,
"Pat
EAXStitch" wrote:

"Cheryl Isaak" wrote in message
On 5/26/05 10:51 AM, in article
,

wrote:

Ok - don't ask, but for some reason I've decided to alphabetize my
charts.
(must be the rain!)

So, does one file Liz Turner Diehl under T or under D?

Lizzie Kate? K? L?

Or the one that really has me fuzzled - what order does Artful
Impressions,
Art-Stitch and ArtVenture go in?

Cheryl

Laughing hard ! I file anything where I think I might be able to
remember where I would have put it lololol

I'm in an anal mood!

Cheryl

Oh - have you got loads of "Safe Places" too? You know - where things
you
carefully put there just vanish without trace and probably end up in a
pile
of junk, waiting to be thrown out?

Pat P

YES!

Absolutely--I think we all have such a place. But I don't think they get
thrown out with the trash, I think they run away and stay in a home for
wayward items. It's a compound with an area set aside for single earrings
and things like that. Of course the largest area is the home for lost
socks.

Lucille

Why does the washing machine always eat one sock - never a pair? And if you
have the engineer in at any time, how come he never finds any in the inner
working of the machine? Does it digest them completely? Mind you, our dog
just loves chewing socks - particularly unwashed ones!

Pat P