Alphabetizing Designer names

Old May 26th 05, 02:07 PM
Cheryl Isaak

Default Alphabetizing Designer names

Ok - don't ask, but for some reason I've decided to alphabetize my charts.
(must be the rain!)

So, does one file Liz Turner Diehl under T or under D?

Lizzie Kate? K? L?

Or the one that really has me fuzzled - what order does Artful Impressions,
Art-Stitch and ArtVenture go in?

Cheryl

Old May 26th 05, 02:22 PM
Jenn Ridley

Cheryl Isaak wrote:

Ok - don't ask, but for some reason I've decided to alphabetize my charts.
(must be the rain!)

So, does one file Liz Turner Diehl under T or under D?

Where would you expect to find it? That one is a judgement call. I
would file it under D, but others may disagree.

Lizzie Kate? K? L?

Lizzie*Kate goes under L. They use an asterisk/star between the two
names, so it's one word not two.

Or the one that really has me fuzzled - what order does Artful Impressions,
Art-Stitch and ArtVenture go in?

Art-Stitch
Artful Impressions
ArtVenture
(punctuation/end of word comes before letters; letters are in
alphabetical order regardless of capitalisation (unless you're dealing
with O', de*, Mac/Mc or the like))

jenn (library aide for umpteen years)
--
Jenn Ridley :
WIP: Water Lilies, Rose Trio, Be Mine, Emperor's Coat II, Carousel
Old May 26th 05, 03:39 PM
Pat EAXStitch

"Cheryl Isaak" wrote in message
Ok - don't ask, but for some reason I've decided to alphabetize my charts.
(must be the rain!)

So, does one file Liz Turner Diehl under T or under D?

Lizzie Kate? K? L?

Or the one that really has me fuzzled - what order does Artful

Impressions,
Art-Stitch and ArtVenture go in?

Cheryl

Art-Stitch
Artful Impressions
ArtVenture (If you`re sure you didn`t mean to put a hyphen in there -
otherwise it would come after Art Stitch)

Not too sure about the other two!

Pat P

Pat P

Old May 26th 05, 04:00 PM
Lucille

"Lucretia Borgia" wrote in message
On Thu, 26 May 2005 09:07:08 -0400, Cheryl Isaak
wrote:

Ok - don't ask, but for some reason I've decided to alphabetize my charts.
(must be the rain!)

So, does one file Liz Turner Diehl under T or under D?

Lizzie Kate? K? L?

Or the one that really has me fuzzled - what order does Artful
Impressions,
Art-Stitch and ArtVenture go in?

Cheryl

Laughing hard ! I file anything where I think I might be able to
remember where I would have put it lololol

I used your method when I worked and it drove my boss absolutely crazy.

Lucille

Old May 26th 05, 04:28 PM
anne

Cheryl Isaak said
Ok - don't ask, but for some reason I've decided to alphabetize my charts.
(must be the rain!)

So, does one file Liz Turner Diehl under T or under D?

You aren't the phone book or the dictionary, are you? File things as Jenn said
by where you'd most likely find them when/if you wanted them.

Regardless of how you organize the charts, you might also have a little black
hole or a colony of borrowers that will make recovery of an item pretty
difficult.
--
another Anne, add ingers to frugalf to reply
Old May 26th 05, 04:30 PM
Brenda Lewis

Since you mention keeping this information in Excel, just alphabetize
them in the same way Excel does so your physical file will match your
computer file.

Old May 26th 05, 04:44 PM
Cheryl Isaak

Actually, I've been cross checking between the two - physical and the spread
sheet, but I wanted to make sure I was giving Excel the "right" data!

Cheryl

On 5/26/05 11:30 AM, in article
, "Brenda Lewis"

Old May 26th 05, 05:02 PM
F.James Cripwell

Cheryl Isaak ) writes:
Ok - don't ask, but for some reason I've decided to alphabetize my charts.
(must be the rain!)

So, does one file Liz Turner Diehl under T or under D?

Lizzie Kate? K? L?

Or the one that really has me fuzzled - what order does Artful Impressions,
Art-Stitch and ArtVenture go in?

Cheryl

As other people have pointed out it is your data base, and the only
thing that matters, I would guess, is that you can use the data base to
find things in the future. Surely there is no reason why things cannot
be in twice or even three times. Use whatever method you are most likely
to find helpful when you want to find something.
The first time I used a Darice box to keep thread in, I solemnly put
the colours in exact DMC number order. I have since learned that the best
way for me to keep them is the way I can find the colors quickly. Some
get sorted by color; some by number; some just because I can remember
where I put them the last time I used them. It is my box, and I store
them the way I find to be most useful. HTH.

--
Jim Cripwell.
From Canada. Land of the Key Bird.