Road to California

Old January 18th 04, 12:26 AM
Debbi

Default Road to California

Droool, slobber, drooool some more! There were so many fantastic quilts What
talent! Mickie Swall's quilt more than deserved the 1sst place it received!
The comments from those looking at the quilt the same time I did would have
made her proud.

Some of those quilts showed amazing talent. There were lots and lots of
vendors, but no one had one of the things I really wanted-- a chair to go
with my sewing cabinet. My gf wanted a tilt table for her sewing machine and
they did not have that either.

Tried to get a CD of the winning quilts but there was some woman working the
booth who decided to bathe herself in about 3 different fragrances and I
almost died being anywhere near the booth. To add to the awfulness (is there
such a word) she started spraying more when I came by to buy the CD. Had to
walk away.

Did get some thread from Superior Thread as I love their stuff. Their
halogram is wonderful to work with.

I am now fully exhausted. Left the house at 9, got to the show around 10:15,
walked back into the house at 5!

Tried to get a book signed by Jennifer, but she was not at the table when I
went by. Stopped by again and they had all of her books packed. Did not get
any books signed by Earlene Fowler, but she sure was a kick to talk to.

Debbi in SO CA

Old January 18th 04, 04:42 AM
Marcella Tracy Peek

Oh, that sounds fun (except for the perfume part!)

Mickie's quilt is also in the Winter issue of the NQA magazine with a
close up of the block and the pattern. Very beautiful. As a very nice
bonus, there is also a picture of Mickie so you can put a face to the
quilter here. She's beautiful also.

marcella

Old January 18th 04, 12:03 PM
Krysia Thompson

rather a frustrating quilt show for you, hehehe

I know of Mickie's success, she showed me the quilt, and her
design. she is soooo clever! I hope all the complements DO go to
her head as she is far too modest ))))))

as for the perfume/pong lady...she probably thought your perfume
was 'orrible and she simply HAD to do something about it...like
kill all humans and even cockroaches within
sight....confess...WHAT did you smell of...joking, joking ))

my next quilt show will be the well worn route to Malvern in May
)

Krysia

[...]

K.T. - starannie opakowana
Old January 18th 04, 01:24 PM
Miriam \Mim\ Spencer

when is Malvern?? -- That was my first quilt show on my first walking trip
to the UK many years ago.

Mim