OT rcty

Old January 17th 04, 02:34 PM
Dianne Lewandowski

Carrie . . . Welcome to RCTN!
There are very few real "flame" wars here. We can, at times, get into
some heated discussions on social issues. But there's rarely any
personal attacks. If you don't like the subject matter, you just skip
the thread. g There are a few people that you learn - over time -
never to read. But only a couple.

Tell us about your needlework interests. Lots of very talented people
post and lurk here.

Dianne

Artchick wrote:

"Gillian Murray" wrote in message
news
I did a few days back, and it was hilarious.

Then the NSDMIL had a yarn question ( I told her it wasn't the right
yarn,and there was insufficient, but what do I know??) So I courteously
asked a question today on rcty. No response.

Hi, visiting from rcty (where I must admit, I haven't been terribly long) -
until today, I didn't know this group existed. You have 4 answers to your
question over there, btw - I didn't know an answer myself, or I'd have given
one. I mostly work with Wal-Mart yarn, which is pleasantly cheap and what I
spin myself, so yours wasn't familiar to me.

I'll keep poking through here, if no one minds, because I do dabble in
embroidery just a bit. But I hope that you'll not be too upset with me if I
say that with this being the first thread that pops up here, and all the
posts that look like blanket slamming of darn near everyone in both groups
over there, I'm a little nervous to be here - I sort of feel automatically
unwelcome.

Carrie - after as much knowledge as I can get, but not comfortable with
flames at all.

Old January 17th 04, 02:40 PM
Gillian Murray

"Artchick" wrote in message
s.com...

[...]

Thanks, Carrie. I just came back from popping in to rcty, checking for
replies. I have searched the Caron site, and Ebay, without too much luck. I
suspect it has been discontinued for so long, that there wouldn't be any
around, unless someone was clearing out an attic!!

Welcome to rctn, glad to have you with us.

Gillian

Old January 17th 04, 02:42 PM
Lynne M.

"Artchick" wrote in message ws.com...

Hi, visiting from rcty (where I must admit, I haven't been terribly long) -
until today, I didn't know this group existed. You have 4 answers to your
question over there, btw - I didn't know an answer myself, or I'd have given
one. I mostly work with Wal-Mart yarn, which is pleasantly cheap and what I
spin myself, so yours wasn't familiar to me.

I'll keep poking through here, if no one minds, because I do dabble in
embroidery just a bit. But I hope that you'll not be too upset with me if I
say that with this being the first thread that pops up here, and all the
posts that look like blanket slamming of darn near everyone in both groups
over there, I'm a little nervous to be here - I sort of feel automatically
unwelcome.

Carrie - after as much knowledge as I can get, but not comfortable with
flames at all.

Hi Carrie, and welcome! It would be great if after all this
unpleasantness that we had some positive outcomes with new friends.
You didn't, like I and the other Lynne, accidentally cross-post.
Please stick around; sometimes it gets a little rowdy, but we all like
some form of stitching. Anyway, I used to be a big crocheter myself,
but don't yet know how to knit. I like regular embroidery and
cross-stitch and even felt applique. I am just ordinary, though; you
wouldn't believe how skilled some of these folks here are. They have a
wealth of knowledge and are more than willing to share. And you can
always find someone to commiserate with you when you mess up!

Lynne -- handing over cup of coffee
Old January 17th 04, 03:38 PM
Tia Mary-remove nekoluvr to reply

From: "Pat P"

Mind you, Mary - she does provide us with some good laughs(quite
unintentionally, I`m sure!). .......

True, true -- I just advocate reading to see which dead horse she's beating
but not responding! That just pours fuel on her fire :-)))! CiaoMeow ^;;^
..

PAX, Tia Mary ^;;^ Queen of Kitties
Angels can't show their wings on earth but nothing was ever said about their
WHISKERS!!
Nothing is complete without a few cat hairs!

Old January 17th 04, 03:54 PM
Cheryl Isaak

Ok - what is a Dalek? Sounds vaguely familiar, but I can not place it!
Cheryl

On 1/17/04 9:21 AM, in article ,
" wrote:

On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 12:42:26 -0000, "Pat P"
wrote:

Good God - she still can`t even spell hypocrites right, even when she`s
replying to a post in which Elizabeth spells it correctly. Of what use is
her much vaunted collection of dictionaries?

Pat P

I thought it was 'cryte' to rhyme with the old Anglo-Saxon 'shyte' -
no? Oh well, too bad. I see I am promoted from Cow to Madam
though. I expect Elizabeth and I are in the same box, what with
Elizabeth the Witch and Lucretia the Poisoner and me a Dalek lover
too. How can things be worse?

Sheena

"Mirjam Bruck-Cohen" wrote in message
I find your termonology very intersting ,, calling others hypocrytes .
mirjam
On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 05:35:50 GMT, "Dr. Brat"
wrote:

Mirjam Bruck-Cohen wrote:
Elizabeth you would be surprised that i do not say them as strongly ,
there as i say them here ,,,, Go check for yourself , i usually say:"
, on other ng",,,, and why complain now that i did not cross post when
only yesterday you told me you don`t want me to do so ,,,,,

I wasn't complaining. I was asking as a way of pointing out your
hypocricy. But it figures that you wouldn't get it.

Elizabeth

On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 04:50:13 GMT, "Dr. Brat"
wrote:

Mirjam Bruck-Cohen wrote:

Madam Lucretia, i have written here many a time , what i think and
feel, about all this flames , attacks etc..... unlike certain people
here i do not hide and say things behind other screens, I am here
there and everywhere with the same opinions . And as i said many a
times this is the only Ng where i see unkind behaviours , not only
regarding me , but also towards other people.

Yes, but when you say such things on rtcy, do you copy them here so we
can see them? So you won't be saying things behind our backs and so
we'll have our possibilities illuminated and all...?

Elizabeth
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Old January 17th 04, 04:11 PM
clancy

I say we all give a heave-ho to MJ ... she's with a group now who can't
quite know her yet as they're still falling for her 'poor me' routine. Too
bad in the long run cuz I think we all know she's a very brilliant woman who
has a lot to offer if she'd just get over that 'holocaust syndrome'.

Okay Karen - what was dinner? You weren't sucking on floss again, were you?
:-)

Sharon (N.B.)

"Karen C - California" wrote in message
In article et, "Gillian
Murray" writes:

The a**kissing that went on over there was about
enough for me op go and upchuck.

For you it was about enough. I actually did.

Now, I'm sure some people would want to blame that on what I had for

dinner,
but I don't think so.

If I ever catch any of you osculating my posterior to that degree, I'll

sic my
friend who wears Army boots on you!

Seanette, dear, if the RCTY/M crowd annoy you that much, don't play with

them
any more. We like you here just fine. They're welcome to Mirjam; we've

all
figured out how to killfile her, and the more obnoxious she gets, the more
people will actually use that knowledge. Eventually, she'll figure out

that
over here she's talking to a brick wall and she'll go back where she's

treated
like God and we won't have to listen to her rabid drivel any more.

F-off, Mirjam, or I'll throw my black cat in your path, and then you can

lump
me into your ubiquitous Elizabeth/Salem/witch theory. You might be

surprised
how many bad things I can make happen to people who annoy me.

--
Finished 12/14/03 -- Mermaid (Dimensions)
WIP: Angel of Autumn, Calif Sampler, Holiday Snowglobe, Guide the Hands

(2d
one)

Paralegal - Writer - Editor - Researcher
http://hometown.aol.com/kmc528/KMC.html

Old January 17th 04, 04:27 PM
Pat P

wrote:

Good God - she still can`t even spell hypocrites right, even when she`s
replying to a post in which Elizabeth spells it correctly. Of what use

is
her much vaunted collection of dictionaries?

Pat P

I thought it was 'cryte' to rhyme with the old Anglo-Saxon 'shyte' -
no? Oh well, too bad. I see I am promoted from Cow to Madam
though. I expect Elizabeth and I are in the same box, what with
Elizabeth the Witch and Lucretia the Poisoner and me a Dalek lover
too. How can things be worse?

Sheena

Dunno - but I`m sure we can think of something!

Pat P ("Mrs PP" whenever MJ gets annoyed with me - which is almost always.
I won`t killfile her yet - she`s too darned funny to miss!)

Old January 17th 04, 04:56 PM
Karen C - California

In article , Seanette Blaylock
writes:

http://info.astrian.net/jargon/terms...win_s_Law.html

Bad, bad DH, to give me another cool website to read for hours!

Old January 17th 04, 04:56 PM
Karen C - California

In article , Seanette Blaylock
writes:

I thought he had a good point, actually. :-)

I thought your DH had a good point on top of his head, actually.

RD&H

Old January 17th 04, 06:58 PM
Karen C - California

In article , "Pat P"
writes:

Particularly if we call upon the Daleks for
assistance!

Oh, no! Mrs. Peepee has to bring that up. Geez, Pat, didn't we have enough
of that the first time around without starting her up yet again?