Old Wives tale, wisdom or superstition?

Old August 14th 03, 05:16 PM
NeedleworkNutz

Darla & Tia Mary,
You are both right.
Prague is NOT in Poland but the statute of the Infant of Prague is an
important part of many Polish Catholic families.
Having been raised in a strong Polish Catholic family. (I am 2nd generation in
America.) I can tell you that the Infant of Prague is an important part of our
families religious tradition. When I was of age to make my first communion my
godmother gifted me with my own statue of Jesus, the Infant of Prague.
Traditionally they are always a gift, never purchased for ones own. These
little statues hold places of honor in our homes as a constant reminder of the
presence of Christ in our everyday lives. The statue of the infant itself is
of Jesus as a child dressed in a simple white peasants robe holding the globe
and cross in one hand and making a sign of benediction with his other. It is
often then dressed in the robes of a king made of brocades, satins, and laces
which are changed to match the paraments of the church with the changing of the
Holy calendar. This is an activity that children like to participate in and it
gives an opportunity for sharing the meaning of each Holy season as it is
celebrated.
I no longer practice the Catholic faith but my own Infant of Prague is still
one of my most cherished possessions as a precious part of my Polish family
culture.
Old August 17th 03, 05:27 AM
Darla

On 14 Aug 2003 16:16:39 GMT, (NeedleworkNutz)
wrote:

[...]

Hmmm. Kinda like the way Our Lady of Guadalupe is important to all
the Central Americans too, even though she's really *technically* the
Patroness of Mexico.
Darla
Sacred cows make great hamburgers.