Very quiet

Old February 6th 09, 06:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

Default Very quiet

Were is everybody?

Cheryl

Old February 6th 09, 07:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
lucille

"Cheryl Isaak" wrote in message
Were is everybody?

Cheryl

I'm here. I just came home from shopping for jeans and not finding the
ones I wanted in my size, searching for a matching t-shirt for a friend's
new slacks that don't match anything and a so-so lunch out.

Come up with a good subject for a good solid, even a noisy discussion. I'm
ready.

Old February 6th 09, 11:38 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
ellice

On 2/6/09 5:38 PM, "Olwyn Mary" wrote:

"Cheryl Isaak" wrote in message

Were is everybody?

Cheryl

I spent the day driving two young friends from Ohio all around the older
part of N.O. They are in town for a wedding, thought they were going to
stay with us, but at the last minute his parents (who will also be at
the wedding) sprang for hotel rooms in the Quarter. The kids were just
thrilled at being abe to sit at a sidewalk cafe for lunch, and will brag
about it to all their friends back home when they get there Monday.
Mind you, we couldn't have lunched al fresco the last two days, it was
FREEEZING here, or so the locals would tell you. It got all the way
down to about 34F duting the nights, and only got up to 50 or 55 during
the days, so the locals were bundled up in down parkas or fur coats if
they have them. (I was wearing a wool sweater outdoors).

Sounds like fun. It's just been cold here. Was about 12 F yesterday most
of the morning, and never seemed to get past the mid 20s. Today, not as
cold - nice in the afternoon - about 40-45 here, but as soon as the sun
started to drop, the house got really cold. It would be nice to sit at a
café in NO.

Now the tour guide is going to put her feet up.

Olwyn Mary in New Orleans.

Enjoy a little rest. Our favorite tourist dragging is "Monuments by
Moonlight" - traffic low, lights on, city is lovely, and you can park near
them. Reduces walking - except for all those steps.

Ellice

Old February 7th 09, 02:01 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Gillian Murray

Mag wrote:

"Cheryl Isaak" wrote in message
Were is everybody?

Cheryl

I have Verizon which gave a long drawn out
burp a little earlier this morning. Now it wants
me to enter user name and password each time
I want to read newsgroups. Very annoying!!!!

mag

Marg,..that is what it is wanting me to do, too. It is enough to pi**
off the Pope. LOl
Old February 7th 09, 04:17 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Mag

"Gillian Murray" wrote in message
Mag wrote:

"Cheryl Isaak" wrote in message
Were is everybody?

Cheryl

I have Verizon which gave a long drawn out
burp a little earlier this morning. Now it wants
me to enter user name and password each time
I want to read newsgroups. Very annoying!!!!

mag

Marg,..that is what it is wanting me to do, too. It is enough to pi**

off the Pope. LOl

Well, Gillian, I've been re-thinking my issues and now believe
perhaps the dog ate the cable.

mag

Old February 7th 09, 01:22 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

On 2/6/09 2:48 PM, in article , "lucille"
wrote:

"Cheryl Isaak" wrote in message
Were is everybody?

Cheryl

I'm here. I just came home from shopping for jeans and not finding the
ones I wanted in my size, searching for a matching t-shirt for a friend's
new slacks that don't match anything and a so-so lunch out.

Come up with a good subject for a good solid, even a noisy discussion. I'm
ready.

Your turn to start a mind expanding discussion.

My brain is dealing with the prescription nasal spray the doctor prescribed
- maybe it is all in my head, but I feel weird - almost spacey for an hour
or so after taking it. I feel less head-achy and generally better and the
sinus pressure is about gone.

Other than a brief rink run for DD later today, my plan is to catch back up
on the housework - laundry, floors, receipts, maybe plan next weeks
meals....

Old February 7th 09, 02:11 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Edna

"Cheryl Isaak" wrote in message
Were is everybody?

Cheryl

I returned home from hospital today (Saturday) after surgery Thursday
evening.
They let you leave early if you have a nurse (daughter) in the family.

Edna in hot Sydney

Old February 7th 09, 03:53 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

On 2/7/09 9:11 AM, in article ,
"Edna" wrote:

"Cheryl Isaak" wrote in message
Were is everybody?

Cheryl

I returned home from hospital today (Saturday) after surgery Thursday
evening.
They let you leave early if you have a nurse (daughter) in the family.

Edna in hot Sydney

How you feeling Edna? Every thing went ok? Planned or emergency?

Old February 7th 09, 04:33 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

On 2/6/09 6:34 PM, in article , "ellice"
wrote:

On 2/6/09 3:24 PM, "Mag" wrote:

"Cheryl Isaak" wrote in message
Were is everybody?

Cheryl

I have Verizon which gave a long drawn out
burp a little earlier this morning. Now it wants
me to enter user name and password each time
I want to read newsgroups. Very annoying!!!!

mag

Glad to hear it wasn't just me. Every once in a while I notice this with
using my newsgroup reader. I just read in Entourage, and will have no
problems with mail in the same account, but when switching to the newsgroup
side, suddenly I'm getting the message to re-enter my password. Annoying.
But, then it will be fine for weeks, or keep burping for a couple of days.

I, today, have been a total slug - I actually read 1.5 books (having gone to
the library en route home yesterday).

So what are you reading? I finished "Plum Spooky" (Evanovich) - very funny.
The Georgette Heyer I grabbed is too frothy for me right now.

And didn't do much else useful. DH
is skating high school hockey - on the ice right now (fortunately at the
rink only a few miles from the house - I can hear Cheryl sighing),

DS had an away game last night - bus ride time. But rinks close enough to
come home between games - what a luxury.
then he
has a break, and another game at 9 pm. So, I won't see him til around 11 -
depedning on if I give in to temptation and have him pick up some snack-ems
on the way home. And, I may just finally clean the kitchen. More likely
I'm going to take my depressive guilt, go back downstairs, lay on the couch
in the family room, with a 62# lap/leg warmer, with the fireplace on, and go
for another book! And watch not terrible tv (well, it depends on your POV).

DD and I watched reruns of CSI until the Rangers game started.

I'll be on the cleaning and stitching marathon for the rest of the weekend.
Teaching on Sunday so have to finish typing up the class hand-outs.

Accomplished so far - two loads of laundry, a skate sharpening run and
emptied/refilled the dishwasher. Oh and took quizzes.

Cheryl

Too quiet lewmew Needlework 10 February 7th 09 03:44 AM
Been quiet for a while AliceW Quilting 15 April 27th 06 06:00 PM
Its so quiet in here!!! D Curtis Quilting 13 November 14th 05 06:01 PM
This NG is entirely TOO quiet! Noreen's Knit*che Yarn 6 July 12th 05 01:50 PM