REALLY OT..Info on Sunbeam MixMster

Old January 17th 09, 12:23 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Gillian Murray

Default REALLY OT..Info on Sunbeam MixMster

OK, guys, we are in the midst of the big annual yardsale. I have
unearthed the EMIL's Sunbeam MixMaster. #100-86659. It has the two
bowls, and various mixing tools. Is this something I stick $2 on, or is
it really more of a collector pieces. Haven't a clue, have never used
it, but she made banana bread forever, at least up to a couple of years
before she died in 2005.

Gill
Old January 17th 09, 01:16 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Gillian Murray

lucretia borgia wrote:
On Sat, 17 Jan 2009 00:23:44 GMT, Gillian Murray
opined:

OK, guys, we are in the midst of the big annual yardsale. I have
unearthed the EMIL's Sunbeam MixMaster. #100-86659. It has the two
bowls, and various mixing tools. Is this something I stick $2 on, or is
it really more of a collector pieces. Haven't a clue, have never used
it, but she made banana bread forever, at least up to a couple of years
before she died in 2005.

Gill

I'd say $2 sounds good. They haven't really changed their model in
all these years. I had one when we first came here and thought it was
a waste of space, not heavy duty at all. If it has the stainless
steel bowls, they were worthwhile, I'd keep those and junk the mixer
lol

Thanks buddy!! We seemed to sell so much today, but we just wanted to
get the stuff out of here. WE made some money, but most things had a $1
or 25c on them. Is it a WW2 thing.... we HATE to throw usable STUFF OUT!!??

gGill
Old January 17th 09, 01:18 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
lucille

"lucretia borgia" wrote in message
On Sat, 17 Jan 2009 00:23:44 GMT, Gillian Murray
opined:

OK, guys, we are in the midst of the big annual yardsale. I have
unearthed the EMIL's Sunbeam MixMaster. #100-86659. It has the two
bowls, and various mixing tools. Is this something I stick $2 on, or is
it really more of a collector pieces. Haven't a clue, have never used
it, but she made banana bread forever, at least up to a couple of years
before she died in 2005.

Gill

I'd say $2 sounds good. They haven't really changed their model in
all these years. I had one when we first came here and thought it was
a waste of space, not heavy duty at all. If it has the stainless
steel bowls, they were worthwhile, I'd keep those and junk the mixer
lol

I don't know if that's the model number of my Sunbeam MixMaster that my
mother bought for me for my first anniversary in 1959, but if so $2 sounds
too low. Mine still works wonderfully and I can mix very heavy doughs with
it.

I know I would miss it when it finally dies of old age.

Just for the heck of it I googled sunbeam and found that mine is selling for
around $100. Then I found just the beaters on Amazon for $39.95 to fit
your model # so you might want to rethink your price. Here's the Amazon
link:
http://www.amazon.com/Sunbeam-Beater.../dp/B000289YY8

Lucille

Old January 17th 09, 01:36 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Gillian Murray

lucille wrote:
[...]

Well, maybe it can go back on the pantry shelf....and I have a whole
year to research before I get rid of it. I have plenty of storage room,
so there is no hurry.

DJDIL (Aya) has expressed a wish that if I found the old style crockpot
( remember with the heavy glass lids), in a yard sale she would
appreciate it. they have a very old one of mine, but I am so happy she
has expressed an interest.. I am happy to hear she is cooking, and Mike
says she loves cooking magazines.

Gill.... I am so sick of no-carb cooking!! maybe I will make DGS some
cookies, and mail them to him ion col;lege.
Old January 17th 09, 01:52 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
lucille

"Gillian Murray" wrote in message
lucille wrote:
[...]

I think I would just break down and cry if they took my carbs away from me.
That's the kind of food that makes me happiest. Give me pasta or potato, or
sandwiches on crusty bread and I'll follow you anywhere.

Lucille

Old January 17th 09, 02:38 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
MargW

Gillian Murray wrote:
OK, guys, we are in the midst of the big annual yardsale. I have
unearthed the EMIL's Sunbeam MixMaster. #100-86659. It has the two
bowls, and various mixing tools. Is this something I stick $2 on, or is
it really more of a collector pieces. Haven't a clue, have never used
it, but she made banana bread forever, at least up to a couple of years
before she died in 2005.

Gill

My mother had a Sunbeam Mixmaster that she got in the early '50s. It
was in excellent working condition to the day she died in 2006. And she
used it regularly. My niece now has it.

As a result I bought myself one, and I love it.

My only thought is that people may pass it up since it won't have the
snob appeal of a Kitchenaid. I'd put at least $20 on it, and let people
dicker.

MargW
Old January 17th 09, 02:39 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Gillian Murray

lucille wrote:
[...]

That is the sad thing. Jim is a diabetic and they put him on Byetta in
the early stages. A couple of months later he had acute pancreatitis. It
has subsequently turned out that Byetta is contraindicated with people
with high Triglycerides, and Jim sure fit into thaw category.

He had a second bout of pancreatitis last January. Therefore , for
nearly two years it has been "zero carbs". A good thing he likes
zucchini, summer squash, meats etc. We do pretty well, but when we do
"sin" it is very carefully. We had onion rings tonight; made with a
special low-carb Bisquick type of thing and stuff. The baked beans were
a special treat, and the Brats had no buns. A special dinner for him.

Gill
Old January 17th 09, 03:04 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
lucille

lucille wrote:
[...]

I wouldn't even know where to begin to cook that way. It sure doesn't
sound like a lot of fun, but we do what we have to do, don't we!!!

Old January 17th 09, 05:17 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Olwyn.Mary

MargW wrote:
Gillian Murray wrote:
OK, guys, we are in the midst of the big annual yardsale. I have
unearthed the EMIL's Sunbeam MixMaster. #100-86659. It has the two
bowls, and various mixing tools. Is this something I stick $2 on, or
is it really more of a collector pieces. Haven't a clue, have never
used it, but she made banana bread forever, at least up to a couple of
years before she died in 2005.

Gill

My mother had a Sunbeam Mixmaster that she got in the early '50s. It
was in excellent working condition to the day she died in 2006. And she
used it regularly. My niece now has it.

As a result I bought myself one, and I love it.

My only thought is that people may pass it up since it won't have the
snob appeal of a Kitchenaid. I'd put at least $20 on it, and let people
dicker.

MargW

I had a Mixmaster from 1942 which I bought at an estate sale (complete
with instruction book) for $12 when ds was a baby. I used it on a very
regular basis until two years ago, when said ds bought me a KitchenAid
for Christmas. I mentioned this to a young man in our Neighborhood
Association who is currently rehabbing - rebuilding, more like - an
ante-bellum mansion overlooking the park. He loves all things antique,
and asked if I would be selling the old one. As he is saving the 1930's
fridge and stove from the house, and even had wooden crates built to
store the original bathtubs until they can be re-installed, I gave him
the mixer. I had looked on eBay, and they were selling anywhere from
$10 to $100, and I decided I would rather it went to a good home than
that I get a very small profit from it. That thing had great sentimental
value, it had mixed up an awful lot of cakes, cookies, Yorkshire
puddings, pancakes, you name it and was still a very sturdy workhorse.

Olwyn Mary in New Orleans.
Old January 17th 09, 07:28 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Linda D.

On Jan 16, 4:23*pm, Gillian Murray wrote:
OK, guys, we are in the midst of the big annual yardsale. I have
unearthed the EMIL's *Sunbeam MixMaster. #100-86659. *It has the two
bowls, and various mixing tools. Is this something I stick $2 on, or is
it really more of a collector pieces. Haven't a clue, have never used
it, but she made banana bread forever, at least up to a couple of years
before she died in 2005.

Gill

I would price it around $20 or even more. I have a Sunbeam Mixmaster
that I got as a wedding gift in 1978. I love it, and wouldn't part
with it. My Mom had one that my Dad bought her in the 50's, it worked
like a charm, and never broke down. We bought her a new one in the
early '80's just so it would coordinate with her kitchen better.

take care, Linda D. in B.C., Canada

here is some info Stella Fenley Yarn 1 May 7th 07 07:13 PM
OT still looking for more info on TAP joysjane Quilting 3 August 19th 06 12:33 AM
info fabio Sewing 1 March 31st 05 07:55 PM
Just for your info Helen in MN Quilting 2 October 11th 04 11:49 PM
Looking for info Heather C. Yarn 3 October 3rd 04 08:08 AM