Equivalent Floss to Perle

Old October 31st 10, 04:23 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
lucille

Default Equivalent Floss to Perle

Question for the group that knows it all,

I have a pattern that calls for a very small amount of #12 Perle Cotton.

I really don't want to buy a full ball of this particular color and wondered
how many strands of 6 strand DMC floss, or whatever, I could substitute.

Lucille

Old October 31st 10, 05:39 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
bobbieviorritto

On 10/31/2010 12:23 PM, Lucille wrote:
Question for the group that knows it all,

I have a pattern that calls for a very small amount of #12 Perle Cotton.

I really don't want to buy a full ball of this particular color and
wondered how many strands of 6 strand DMC floss, or whatever, I could
substitute.

Lucille

TW's Tea Time Pattern used 2 strands of floss for #12 Perle, 6 strands
for #5, and 4 strand for #8,HTH

Bobbie V

#5, and 4 strand for #8,HTH

Bobbie V

Thanks very much.

As usual, this group has the answer.

Lucille

Old November 1st 10, 12:21 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

On 10/31/10 12:23 PM, in article ,
"Lucille" wrote:

Question for the group that knows it all,

I have a pattern that calls for a very small amount of #12 Perle Cotton.

I really don't want to buy a full ball of this particular color and wondered
how many strands of 6 strand DMC floss, or whatever, I could substitute.

Lucille

What color is it - I might have some! LOL

Cheryl

Old November 1st 10, 01:21 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
lucille

"Cheryl Isaak" wrote in message
On 10/31/10 12:23 PM, in article ,
"Lucille" wrote:

Question for the group that knows it all,

I have a pattern that calls for a very small amount of #12 Perle Cotton.

I really don't want to buy a full ball of this particular color and
wondered
how many strands of 6 strand DMC floss, or whatever, I could substitute.

Lucille

What color is it - I might have some! LOL

Cheryl

On the way to the shower now but I will look later.

Thanks much.

Lucille

Old November 1st 10, 02:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Olwyn.Mary

On 10/31/2010 10:33 PM, Karen C in Calif wrote:
Lucille wrote:

As usual, this group has the answer.

Lucille

We know everything!

Which, of course, makes for a bunch of know-it-alls!!!!!
(R,D & H)

Olwyn Mary in New Orleans
Old November 1st 10, 08:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Gillian Murray

"Lucille" wrote:

Question for the group that knows it all,

I have a pattern that calls for a very small amount of #12 Perle Cotton.

I really don't want to buy a full ball of this particular color and
wondered
how many strands of 6 strand DMC floss, or whatever, I could substitute.

Lucille

What color is it - I might have some! LOL

Cheryl

On the way to the shower now but I will look later.

Thanks much.

Lucille

I have several balls of #12...be sure to let us know what you need!

Gill
Old November 10th 10, 10:21 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Ellice K.

"Lucille" wrote:

Question for the group that knows it all,

I have a pattern that calls for a very small amount of #12 Perle Cotton.

I really don't want to buy a full ball of this particular color and
wondered
how many strands of 6 strand DMC floss, or whatever, I could substitute.

Lucille

What color is it - I might have some! LOL

Cheryl

On the way to the shower now but I will look later.

Thanks much.

Lucille

I have several balls of #12...be sure to let us know what you need!

Gill

And if you're really wanting the perle texture...IIRC Linda K. Reinmiller
has instructions for making your own perle from floss (twisting thing) on
her website. Just google her, she's a teacher, does a lot for ANG & EGA.

Ellice

(who is way too lazy to make her own perle cotton)

Old November 10th 10, 10:29 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
lucille

"Ellice K." wrote in message

,
"Lucille" wrote:

[...]

I looked at her instructions and I wholeheartedly agree with you. If I
decide to use the #12 perle I will buy it. Making it seems like a hell of a
lot of trouble and not worth my time.

Lucille

Old November 10th 10, 11:19 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Jenn Ridley[_2_]

"Lucille" wrote:
"Ellice K." wrote in message
And if you're really wanting the perle texture...IIRC Linda K. Reinmiller
has instructions for making your own perle from floss (twisting thing) on
her website. Just google her, she's a teacher, does a lot for ANG & EGA.

Ellice

(who is way too lazy to make her own perle cotton)

I looked at her instructions and I wholeheartedly agree with you. If I
decide to use the #12 perle I will buy it. Making it seems like a hell of a
lot of trouble and not worth my time.

That's true in general, but if you only need 18" or so, or a color
that's not available in perle, it's a good thing to know.

jenn

--
Jenn Ridley :

US equivalent of soluweb anne Needlework 0 April 7th 09 11:55 PM
US equivalent anne Needlework 0 December 21st 08 03:47 PM
What is the equivalent to Lyscordet? Yvonne Yarn 13 June 27th 05 10:57 PM
Floss-Away brand floss bags Seanette Blaylock Needlework 6 February 21st 05 03:49 AM
what is the American equivalent? Penny Lemire Sewing 12 October 7th 03 09:29 PM