Ot Just Clothes !!!Length of skirt ?

Old July 31st 08, 06:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Dr. Brat

Default Ot Just Clothes !!!Length of skirt ?

lucretia borgia wrote:

On Thu, 31 Jul 2008 11:25:06 -0400, "Dr. Brat"
opined:

There's a demand for immediacy among younger people that is really quite
astonishing. Witness things like Twitter, Facebook, Instant Messaging,
and people who complain if you don't answer their emails right away.

Elizabeth

On a CBC programme called Spark there was a whole insert about that
wretched Facebook - it seems many are finally starting to get the
message as to why you do not put so much out about yourself
(particularly personal stuff) and just how it can come back to haunt
you. Me, I always thought that was obvious, my grandchildren
complain about my page not saying a damn word - suits me lol

Ooo, ooo, ooo! *running off to make friends with lucretia on Facebook*

Elizabeth

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old July 31st 08, 06:28 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Dr. Brat

lucretia borgia wrote:

On Thu, 31 Jul 2008 13:17:20 -0400, "Dr. Brat"
opined:

lucretia borgia wrote:

On Thu, 31 Jul 2008 11:25:06 -0400, "Dr. Brat"
opined:

There's a demand for immediacy among younger people that is really quite
astonishing. Witness things like Twitter, Facebook, Instant Messaging,
and people who complain if you don't answer their emails right away.

Elizabeth

On a CBC programme called Spark there was a whole insert about that
wretched Facebook - it seems many are finally starting to get the
message as to why you do not put so much out about yourself
(particularly personal stuff) and just how it can come back to haunt
you. Me, I always thought that was obvious, my grandchildren
complain about my page not saying a damn word - suits me lol

Ooo, ooo, ooo! *running off to make friends with lucretia on Facebook*

Elizabeth

You must be in a bad way lol Watch out, I'm a hell of a poker lol

I've got you narrowed down to two different ones, but I can't tell which
one you are. S'what you get for not having your own picture on your
profile. Question is, is it the baby, or the foursome?

I'm not in a bad way at all. I just like being able to run through my
friends list (those who update) and see what people are up to. It's
fairly passive, but friendly.

Elizabeth
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old August 1st 08, 02:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

On 7/30/08 12:42 PM, in article , "ellice"
wrote:

On 7/30/08 11:57 AM, "lucretia borgia" wrote:

On Wed, 30 Jul 2008 11:44:09 -0400, Cheryl Isaak
opined:

On 7/30/08 11:22 AM, in article ,
"lucretia borgia" wrote:

On Wed, 30 Jul 2008 09:26:36 -0400, "Dr. Brat"
opined:

Cheryl Isaak wrote:

But, maybe since most of us aren't in our first blush of youth any
longer,
does anyone know what "edgy" stuff kids are reading now.

Reading? What's that?

Elizabeth

That's right, maybe Cheryl's two are watching, not reading RDH

DD is reading - hockey magazines and hockey fiction and some dragon book she
picked up at the library.

DS, I wish

There are good hockey books as well, I have heard them talking about
them as being ideal for sparking a males interest in reading.

Yup - DH reads his hockey books. I got him one last Xmas - a non-fiction
"Ice Time" by Jay Atkinson
http://tinyurl.com/6o99vb

I read that and LOVED IT. Couldn't get anyone else in the house to read it,
though maybe in a year, DD would.

He seems to have liked this and read it over some time. OTOH, the
absolutely worst written books which we have, and both laughed over a
Gilles Villemure's Tales from the Ranger Locker Room - his absolute hero
goaltender, and very nice guy but the book is really funny in that it's like
reading for 5th graders - with a slightly French Canadian use of English.
http://tinyurl.com/69bx8o

Those might fly with all of us.

The absolute worst is the one Keith Jones wrote (who DH knew fairly well
during his CAPS tenure, and earned the nickname "Klepto) . I couldn't get
through this. Possibly the worst hockey book ever.
Jonesy: Put Your Head Down and Skate: The Improbable Career of Keith Jones
http://tinyurl.com/5nvdtl

the Gilles Villemure book - well, he was a great player, nice guy, and it's
ok to read. The KJ book is just bad.

As I understand it, from what was said, girls are very omniverous (as
we can see here) but boys, if it's not sport, bikes, hockey, Nascar,
that type of thing, it's unlikely they will sample.

I think it takes something to get them intriqued enough to sample. DH also
reads the Tom Clancy stuff, of course (hey, he's a submarine guy). And
historical stuff - all the Founding Fathers, Founding Brothers, John Adams,
Benjamin Franklin, etc. But, hey - he's a goalie and they're kind of quirky
no matter what.

Ellice

I'll read dang near anything except horror.

Cheryl

Scarves - length? Katherine Hutter Yarn 18 October 9th 04 08:31 AM
fs&fa FOR QUILT PIECING, Doll Clothes Piecing, Children Clothes Piecing – FINEST IRON AVAILABLE AT ANY PRICE! singer_fw_iron_lover Marketplace 1 August 9th 04 11:10 PM
choker length biig Beads 3 December 18th 03 08:46 PM
weaving help for length Cher Yarn 7 September 28th 03 02:25 PM
Anklet length question Helen C Beads 3 August 7th 03 03:18 PM