OFF TOPIC I'm passing this law at my house

Old June 18th 07, 07:28 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Karen C - California

Default OFF TOPIC I'm passing this law at my house

lewmew wrote:
have you tried to find a strapless bra for
young girls? What she really needs is a bandeau kind of thing - sort
of a cupless sports bra, as almost anything with a cup is too big for
her. Trying to find one, though, is a challenge! Four stores down,
two to go, then online shopping. . .

They don't exist. My mother insisted I needed a strapless bra with my
wedding dress, and in every store in two malls, they looked at her like
she'd flipped; someone who wears a AA has no need for a bra.

While I was at work, she went back to one store and bought the A cup
strapless. My maid of honor, being just that much taller than Mom,
picked up on the problem immediately -- being a size too large, it stood
out far enough that anyone standing in front of me had a clear view of
absolutely everything inside. She was pretty sure I didn't want the
preacher looking down my blouse for an hour, so the expensive strapless
model went back in the bag.

--

Karen C - California
www.CFSfacts.org where we give you the facts and dispel the myths

Finished 6/5/07 -- "Best Friends" (Hinzeit)

WIP: housewarming gift, Bethany Angel, Dance of the Roses,
Flowers of Hawaii (Jeanette Crews) for ME!!!
Retrieved from UFO pile: Marbek's Snow Angel

Editor/Proofreader www.KarenMCampbell.com
Design page http://www.KarenMCampbell.com/designs.html
Old June 19th 07, 12:51 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
ellice

On 6/18/07 12:11 PM, "lewmew" wrote:

Good news. My dd does NOT want her bra straps showing (hallelujah!)
with her tanks (hey, it's Missouri - in June, July, August &
September, they are practically required if you are going to step
outside!). She owns one or two spaghetti strap tops (long, modest in
the neckline). Bad news - have you tried to find a strapless bra for
young girls? What she really needs is a bandeau kind of thing - sort
of a cupless sports bra, as almost anything with a cup is too big for
her. Trying to find one, though, is a challenge! Four stores down,
two to go, then online shopping. . .

Got them for the godchildren at Nordstrom. And a switch the straps to
multi-positions one as well. You could try the Nordstrom.com site

ellice

Old June 19th 07, 05:02 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Meredith

I've gotten something similar by Maidenform
(http://www.maidenform.com/catalog/pr...ntCategoryId=1)
at the local Kohl's.

Meredith

ups.com...

Passing it on The Other Kim Yarn 9 April 18th 07 02:21 PM
Passing the Flame Fragile Warrior \(Mrs.2nz to YOU\) Beads 8 July 28th 05 01:23 AM
Ot- passing Christina In Ok Quilting 37 November 8th 04 12:53 PM
FS "Passing the Flame" Jim Moore Beads 0 April 20th 04 10:54 AM
House hunting... on topic sorta... Jan Dunaway Quilting 25 January 28th 04 04:04 PM