Got CHOCOLATE? Sorta on/off topic

Old August 7th 06, 08:25 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
TerriLee in WA

Default Got CHOCOLATE? Sorta on/off topic

YaY!!!! I'm so happy for you. I used to be allergic to choc as well, and
evidently "out grew" it a few years ago, so I will join in your chocolate
"happy dance"!!!
--
TerriLee in WA (state)
remove the cats to reply

"Butterflywings" wrote in message
No, I am NOT being funny.

I can HAVE CHOCOLATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Allergy Dr had me try a piece when I was at the Clinic last week ONE PIECE
so I chose a Almond Joy (he gave me a few options to try and said to try
it whilst I was at the Clinic JUST IN CASE. Most ones he named are 'more
wax than chocolate' but there is enuf to give you a reaction. He figured
it happened so long ago that my body had undergone enuf chemical changes
including menopause that I would be safe.

And I had NO REACTION

NONE!!!!!!

Course he said do NOT have a piece every day but I can once in a while and
just see what happens--worst he expects is maybe a migraine. Still have to
stay away from cheese and I have to keep liquid Benadryl with me when I do
have a bit.

He ran all kinds of allergy tests both on my back and by vampire (foods)
and I show a CHEMICAL reaction to cheese but nothing to
chocolate...figures its the 'mold' factor.

Note, I did NOT react to milk but he is NOT ready for me to try that and I
am not either. My calcium blood level is right on so I don't have to take
pills for it either. YAY!

IT did show that I am chemically sensitive to a lot of stuff but we
already knew that and avoidance is my best strategy.

No, I am not ready to buy a bag of M&M's.... not yet anyhow..... I'm
holding out for a piece of Godiva chocolate or one that Sandy in Henderson
said was sooo good.

A happy happy Butterfly

Old August 7th 06, 09:53 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat in Virginia

B: A real nice chocolate treat is the
Truffles made by The Sweet Shoppe in
Dallas (or is it Fort Worth?) Glad you
are 'staying in your place' ... Queen of
Roses and Butterflies! VERY glad you are
getting a 'handle' on some of those
health issues, especially the Chocolate
Issue!!
Hugs, PAT

Butterflywings wrote:

Once it gets below 90°-- I'll be singing--and Pat can just wait her turn
this go round. I'm not ursurping her chocolate Queenship-just rejoicing

Butterfly (wondering how many other superb chocolates I have missed out on
as we lived in different parts of the US)

Old August 7th 06, 10:09 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
blackrosequilts

Default Food allergies was: Got CHOCOLATE? Sorta on/off topic

Marcella Peek wrote:

Does she need to you eat some, swell up and turn blue to believe?
Amazing the attitudes that some people have.

marcella

Try asking someone to move away because you're allergic to their
perfume. That puts them in a high dudgeon, as if you're allergic for
the sole purpose of offending them, even while you hack and cough and
wheeze and turn red and then purple and collapse and claw at any skin
that got exposed.

Fragranced personal care products are EVIL.

--

blackrosequilts
No trees were harmed in the transmission of this message,

2005 BOMs: http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/blackrosequilts/my_photos

-------- __o
------- -\. -------- __o
---- ( )/ ( ) -------- -\.
--------------------- ( )/ ( )
Old August 7th 06, 11:27 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy Ellison Sandy Ellison is offline
Banned

Howdy!

Oh, darlin', Pat, how could you?
Fort Worth, of course! The best things are. ;-)

http://www.sweetshopusa.com/default.asp?cpc=7413

The chocolate industry will have to step up and make more,
'cause those of us who have been eating B-fly's share aren't
willing to cut back. g

Same goes for quilting; just because I have a good stash is
no reason to stop collecting! ;-D

Ragmop/Sandy http://www.fortworth.com/

Old August 8th 06, 02:42 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sue DiNapoli

Unfortunately, my doctor said that it looked like my DS's school needed
a "good anaphylactic reaction" to get them to understand the severity of
his allergy...um...I'd rather not thank you very much! But sometimes I
wonder!!

We actually have a mom in the school who says that her daughter is
allergic to different foods simply because the mom doesn't want her to
eat them! Now, that just doesn't help at all!!!!

Sue

In article ,
Marcella Peek wrote:

In article ,
"Kathy Applebaum" wrote:

It does get frustrating some times when people don't understand, doesn't
it?

One of my quilting buddies is like that. I love her dearly, but at our
potlucks when I can't eat her dishes that have eggs or cheese (or half a
dozen other things) in them she'll say "Oh, it's okay. It doesn't have
much.", or "You can just pick out the crumbled cheese." She doesn't do it
maliciously (which is why we're still friends! LOL) -- in her mind a food
allergy is exactly the same as not liking something.

Old August 8th 06, 01:35 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Maureen Wozniak

On Sun, 6 Aug 2006 12:35:52 -0500, Butterflywings wrote
(in article %LpBg.4895$Gv.4018@fed1read09):

[...]

Happy dancing for you!!!! I'll have a piece of chocolate today to celebrate.

Maureen

Old August 8th 06, 04:16 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Butterflywings

Thank you
So far I've only had the one.

Butterfly (just knowing is ok by me)

lobal.net...

Old August 9th 06, 03:14 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Jessamy

WOOO HOOO!!! that's great news!

me I'm off to the allergy doc for the back tests on the 21st - I have a
quilting bee on the 22nd too the vampire had a go at me the day I made
the appointments for the back allergy tests I get the results for both on
the 23rd.. exciting times these (and I dearly hope chocolate stays on the ok
list !)

--
Jessamy
In The Netherlands

Old August 9th 06, 04:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Jessamy

yep!!

it makes dating interesting though.. never know what you will encounter so
most times I set an outdoor venue for the first one lol

Old August 9th 06, 04:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
blackrosequilts

Jessamy wrote:
yep!!

it makes dating interesting though.. never know what you will encounter so
most times I set an outdoor venue for the first one lol

I'm glad to be married and not have to play the dating game. These days
I can get the hives from a hug, if something gets on my skin. People
are so stupid and inconsiderate -- they invade my personal space wearing
products that give me serious allergic reactions and then they get all
offended when I back up and don't let them touch me. GEEZ. I like
breathing, thankyouverymuch, I'd like to continue to do so! And my need
to breathe is greater than your need to pollute my personal space with a
hug!

I'm pretty well isolated now though. I can't risk it anymore; I never
go anywhere alone and I seldom go out at all now. Post offices,
restaurants, stores, libraries, you name it, they're all infested with
people wearing rude amounts of perfume and I end up sick and sometimes I
collapse. I've learned the hard way that other people value their
stupid perfumes more than their fellow human beings, and I'm heartily
sick of their attitude toward an allergy I wouldn't have if I had a
choice about it, which I don't. The only way I can continue to breathe
is to stay away from them, so that's what I do. Anything else is "too
much to ask."