OT front loading washers

Old August 1st 06, 02:20 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
klh in VA

Default OT front loading washers

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO. wrote:

(snip) the instructions
are in swedish as well as the pictures!]

Since I am of Swedish decent, I am curious how *pictures* look
different when they arw in Swedish??? (VBG)

Oh I have the same problem when I go to the sportshall for an exercise
class with DW and I am to do the exercise by "following" the example of
the leader. And so when I have the wrong leg lifted or I'm up and the
leader is down, my explanation is that all the instructions are in
swedish and too fast so i don't understand them [not that I do in
english either]

but for the record, we have all the books for our viking machines in
english and swedish so that DW and I each have our own! but then when
she has a question, it is the swedish one that gets handed to me with
the comment of ok this is what i'm doing and here's the picture!

but she is my Swedeheart (DW not the symaskin)

klh in VA

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

klh in VA wrote:

or us DH
at which point the D takes on a new meaning?

klh in VA

[I only have to use front loaders when in Sweden; therefore for
everything else that is different from the toploader, the instructions
are in swedish as well as the pictures!]

Jessamy wrote:

yep - it's to avoid small kids from opening the washer door during a cycle
and causing all sorts of mayhem

Old August 1st 06, 02:29 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
klh in VA

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO. wrote:

(snip) the instructions
are in swedish as well as the pictures!]

Since I am of Swedish decent,

i pretty much think all Swedes are decent :-)
many are downright nice and then there are the sewers and quilters who
are just specially wonderful!

and the report is that there are many more people of swedish descent in
USA than Sweden!

klh in VA

[and if it weren't for a swedeheart coming into my life 8 years ago, I
wouldn't be reading the quilting, sewing, and yarn newsgroups, nor would
i have two looms and my own viking 936 serger or things like hanging
round the cutting table and hancock fabrics and kibitzing about
sergers.... all her fault and I love her for it. so last month I spent
a day at the Virginia Episcopal Seminary showing stoles I have woven and
one in process on the loom, only a tabletop rigid heddle loom]

Old August 1st 06, 02:49 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sally Swindells

If you opened the door when the machine was full of water ....
disaster a la Frank Spencer!!

You can drain the water off mid cycle - but then you would have to
start all over again.
--
Sally at the Seaside ~~~~~~~~~~ (uk)

On Mon, 31 Jul 2006 13:00:25 -0400, Pat in Virginia
wrote:

About a week ago, I used a similar set
at a hotel. The washer door LOCKED
through out the cycles. It was
inconvenient because I had a couple
things to add, and could not. Do the
home models lock also?
PAT

Bonnie Patterson wrote:
We've had the pair for over a year already. Had the door on the dryer
switched to open the same direction as the washer, because they are
stacked. Otherwise the washer is placed on the left and the dryer on
the right, the doors open away from each other, makes it easy to
transfer the "fabric".

Bonnie, in Middletown, VA

Old August 3rd 06, 02:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
klh in VA

Default OT florists in Enschede (bloemist )

Hej Jessamy

We want to send flowers for death of long-time friend in Enchede.
Do you have suggestion for local florist?
After many years of sending flowers in Sweden, I have concluded it is
better to go to local florist than to try one of the large, impersonal,
take-your money 'internationals' such as tele-flora.

Now that I have translated, I found a google hit for Bloemist Enschede
but which seems to be a national concern Florient Expressen. and also

Bezoekersadres
Hoge boekelerweg 10
7531 E Enschede
Overijssel Nederland
Telefoonnummer: 06 4 273 56 3

Is there an on-line telphone directory for Enschede or Nederlands (
telefoon stratenlijst enschede)

after swedish, reading dutch is not so far but I am sure I can't
pronounce it and don't do so well in Swedish.

tack för hjälpen

klh in VA

Old August 7th 06, 05:25 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bonnie Patterson

Yes, they do lock, BUT, there is a pause button! When the pause button
is pressed the machine stops, one can open the door and add additional
things.

I have used this feature during the first 5 or 10 minutes and it works
well, I have never tried to use it after those first 10 minutes.

Also, the Whirlpool says nothing about left over water/gunk, no little
door to drain (like the LG). If there is condensation on the glass
window at the end of "wash day", I let the door stand open until it
evaporates. Pinkee Squeeek-A-Lotta has shown no interest in exploring
the interior, of course she sleeps 23 out of every 24 hours and spends
the other 1 hour eating, begging for treats and using the litter box.
;~)

I use the machine once a week (unless new fabric has been acquired)
and have never noticed a musty/moldy odor.

Bonnie, in Middletown, VA

Old August 9th 06, 04:31 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Jessamy

but of course hehehehe
D covers a *lot* of meanings ;-)

--
Jessamy
In The Netherlands

Old August 9th 06, 04:34 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Jessamy

I"ll take a look and get back to you off group...

sorry for being slow.. computer shorted but is fixed now :-)