Janome 300E Problems

Old October 2nd 05, 04:23 PM
amysweetpeas amysweetpeas is offline
Junior Member

Unhappy Janome 300E Problems

HI! I have a Janome 300E that I have had for about 4 months. Worked fine until about a month ago. It started with a looping problem in the design. I was monogramming 3 initials and there was about 30 "loops" throughout the design. I took it to the dealer and he told me to adjust the tension for Robinson Anton embroidery thread. I did that and when the tension gets over about 1.5 all the white bobbin thread ends up in the design. I took it back again, this time I was told that I could not use polyester embroidery thread on this machine. So I get it back again and still there are some loops and the tension can not go over about 1.5 or there will be white thread in the design! Any help would be great! Has anyone ever heard of this problem?????
Old October 2nd 05, 10:22 PM
Kate Dicey

amysweetpeas wrote:

HI! I have a Janome 300E that I have had for about 4 months. Worked
fine until about a month ago. It started with a looping problem in the
design. I was monogramming 3 initials and there was about 30 "loops"
throughout the design. I took it to the dealer and he told me to
adjust the tension for Robinson Anton embroidery thread. I did that
and when the tension gets over about 1.5 all the white bobbin thread
ends up in the design. I took it back again, this time I was told that
I could not use polyester embroidery thread on this machine. So I get
it back again and still there are some loops and the tension can not go
over about 1.5 or there will be white thread in the design! Any help
would be great! Has anyone ever heard of this problem?????

Have you tried adjusting the bobbin tension? While my Husqvarna Lily
550 doesn't do full embroidery, I find that for some stitch
pattern/fabric/thread combinations I need to adjust the bobbin tension
rather than the top tension, and, occasionally, both.

Also, are you using home wound or pre-wound bobbins? I've never used
the pre-wound ones, but I have heard that they are not good in some
machines. Other comments have pointed out that they tend to be wound
with greater consistency of tension than home-wound bobbins... YMMV.

http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!
Old October 3rd 05, 12:44 PM
Yarn Forward

amysweetpeas wrote:
HI! I have a Janome 300E that I have had for about 4 months. Worked
fine until about a month ago. It started with a looping problem in the
design. I was monogramming 3 initials and there was about 30 "loops"
throughout the design. I took it to the dealer and he told me to
adjust the tension for Robinson Anton embroidery thread. I did that
and when the tension gets over about 1.5 all the white bobbin thread
ends up in the design. I took it back again, this time I was told that
I could not use polyester embroidery thread on this machine. So I get
it back again and still there are some loops and the tension can not go
over about 1.5 or there will be white thread in the design! Any help
would be great! Has anyone ever heard of this problem?????

If it is looping on the top, and the tension is only 1.5, your bobbin
tension is way too low. Before adjusting it you should check for fluff
under the bobbin spring. Lift the spring gently with an old sewing
needle and blow it out. Then check that the bobbin is threaded
properly. Try sewing a wide zig-zag. You should just see a zig zag on
the top and bottom, and they should be identical. If you see a -
effect on the top where the bobbin thread is pulling thro to the top,
the bottom tension is too low still.

Roger.

Janome 6500 and 300e Sami Quilting 7 February 21st 04 02:17 AM
Janome 6500 and 300e Sami Sewing 7 February 21st 04 02:17 AM
more specific about janome 10001 & gigahoop & design problems [email protected] Sewing 1 December 1st 03 09:52 PM
SewingTrader - Janome (Cards, stand, videos etc) Auctions ending Sunday 24th SewingTrader Marketplace 0 August 24th 03 02:58 PM
Sewingtrader Ebay auctions - Machine Embroidery and Machine Knititng items. DS Sewing 3 July 25th 03 05:17 PM