Eastern Ontario S.E.X.

Old June 10th 05, 01:24 AM
Susan Anderson

Default Eastern Ontario S.E.X.

It was my birthday last weekend, and for a special treat I decided I
wanted to do the shop hop that was occurring in the area
(Kingston-Harrowsmith-Prescott-Merrickville-Brockville.) Six shops in
five towns.

I took the day off of work, giving an excuse that I had to drive my
fiance to the Ottawa airport... I'm in the military, and taking the day
off to go buy fabric and fondle quilts just didn't sound like something
I could adequately explain to my supervisor!

My fiance came along as driver and substitute Quilt Inspector... he
travels so much better then the cat does, and bought me lunch besides.
We hit all six stores in 7 hours, with 300 kms distance covered. I
bought all the block kits for the Thimbleberries sampler quilt, and
about 10 more fat quarters then I had planned... including some batiks
to do "Sunnyside Up" (from McKenna Ryan's Storybook Farm.)

What a fun day! The sampler quilt looks yummy, I have a smattering of
new ideas from completed quilts in the shops, and I know where every
quilt shop is within a 100km radius. What's not to like about that? A
day of annual leave well spent, in my estimation.

Now... I know the fabric for the blocks was not pre-washed, and I'm not
going to wash it (5 inch squares will be nothing but a ball of washer
lint after the cycle!)... but should I wash the border fabric? Or just
leave it all unwashed and hope it will all shrink the same?

Greetings to all the talented ladies in this group. I've been lurking
for a couple of years now, but am becoming more active, even talking
part in Terbear's latest swap (and loving it, though I must admit to
being stumped for ideas with the latest block... how can I top what's
already been done?!)

Anyhow. My fiance, my usual QI, and myself send our greetings and a
large bar of nearly pure bittersweet chocolate complete with chunks of
cocoa beans...

Susan Anderson
Kingston, ON

Old June 10th 05, 02:11 AM
Sandy Foster

In article ,
Susan Anderson wrote:

[...]

What a lovely way to spend your birthday! And your fiancé must be a
keeper, if he's willing to spend an entire day doing this sort of thing.
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1

AKA Dame Sandy, Minister of Education
Old June 10th 05, 02:40 AM
Mary in Washington

Fantastic Birthday!!! Can't Think of a better way to spend you day.

Happy Belated Birthday!!!

Mary

http://community.webshots.com/user/moondancewa

Old June 10th 05, 09:57 AM
Michelle in Borden

Hey! Kingston! We're posted to Borden this summer, and a friend of mine is
transfered to Kingston this summer. or maybe it's her hubby and she's going
to Trenton? They're both military, so i can't remember. Last name is Tromp
anyway.
I'm driving across from Gander, NL and I would love to have the addresses of
those shops. It's a lot easier to get DH to stop if I already have the
address than if I have to find a phone book and look them up. ;-)
Thanks and welcome!
Michelle

Old June 10th 05, 04:07 PM
C & S

Welcome Susan. What a wonderful birthday you had. As for your border,
given that you are not washing the other fabrics, I would keep it constant.

--
Carole
Champlain, NY

Fine style does not make something true, nor has a man a wise soul
because he has a handsome face and well-chosen eloquence.

Aurelius Augustinus (354-430)

Old June 12th 05, 12:11 AM
Patty in NWO

Hi Susan: Welcome to the group, what a great way to spend your birthday.

Patty in NWO

[...]

My lunch hour walk to the Ontario Juried Quilt Show FurrsomeFoursome Quilting 3 May 22nd 05 10:03 PM
Joys of S.E.X!!! Mika Quilting 6 June 14th 04 06:29 AM
Last notice of Needlearts 2004, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. F.James Cripwell Needlework 3 April 30th 04 03:12 AM
bead stores windsor ontario biig Beads 0 November 23rd 03 06:54 PM