I heart Wooly

Old June 19th 06, 03:53 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Default I heart Wooly

In article , Threnody
wrote:

Agent 86 wrote:
Threnody, you are due soon arent you? Good Luck hope it goes easy for

you, I
will look forward to the announcement.........regards Alison

I go in to the hospital at 5:00 tomorrow morning. I have to have a
surgical birth, and that's scheduled for 7:00 a.m.

I am taking some crochet work with me, which actually has caused me more
anxiety than having the baby. I couldn't decide which pattern(s) and
yarn(s) to take. =) My husband thinks I'm bats. I just can't stand
the thought of staying three days in hospital during recovery and not
having something to do with my hands. The baby will be asleep most of
the time, and I'm a practiced hand at crocheting or cross-stitching
while a baby lies on my chest and shoulder.

Threnody, I am smiling....let us know how much crocheting you got done,

Big hug

Els

--
Ja for Jazz and cobra loose the rrrrrrrr
Old June 19th 06, 03:58 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

In article m, Threnody
wrote:

Just so everyone here knows, Wooly is a real gem. We met up at the
coffeeshop in Barnes & Noble yesterday so I could give her some yarn and
she could give me some roving and a lesson in top-whorl spinning.

I'm lousy at it, but it's not anything to do with her teaching. I've
just gotta practice. She explained it all so well! She gave me a lot
of background information, kind of the "why you do it this way" that
helps me when I'm learning a new skill or technique.

So if any of you get the chance to have her tutor you in something,
either online or in person, take her up on it.

And, Wooly, I called Fire Ant Ranch and the owner is in Colorado at a
show and took all of her spindles and most of her wool with her.
Her husband (?) sounds really nice, so I'll be heading over there in a
couple of weeks when she's back and I'm mobile again.

--
Threnody

Great that you two could meet, and wonderful that Wooly gave you a
spinning lesson, and even though the spindle may have dropped to the floor
a couple of times, not to worry that is how we spinners all started. It
is always nice to meet up with fellow RCTYer in person. I hope to meet up
with Jan this summer, as well as with Linda who lives North of us on the
Island. Maybe Jan, Eimear, Linda and I can all meet together.

Els

--
Ja for Jazz and cobra loose the rrrrrrrr
Old June 19th 06, 09:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Threnody,
By the time you read this message, you will have had your baby. I hope
all went smoothly and mother and child are doing well. Congrats in advance
of your posting.

Janise

"Threnody" wrote in message
. net...

A Wooly Evening Out Threnody Yarn 12 April 17th 06 04:44 AM
Att'n: Wooly, oh Wooly!!!! Noreen's Knit*che Yarn 2 August 10th 05 08:56 PM
Big Thank You to Wooly & Rusty [email protected] Yarn 3 July 10th 05 12:05 AM
Wooly Worm was right! Carlinda Beads 3 January 6th 05 06:20 AM
Att'n: WOOLY Noreen's Knit*che Yarn 3 December 29th 04 05:31 AM