Reducing with a photocopier

Old August 6th 10, 03:01 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Jo Gibson[_2_]

Default Reducing with a photocopier

Help! Someone must know the answer to this question. I have some
Sunbonnet Sue applique patterns which will fit a 12" block. I want them
to fit in a 10" block. What percentage should I reduce them on a
photocopier? I am sure I have a chart that answers questions like this
(somewhere), but I can't find it just now.

Cheers, Jo in Scotland
Old August 6th 10, 03:23 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Louise in Iowa[_2_]

I think you reduce it by 17 percent. But I wouldn't take my word for it - I'd try one and see if it works
before I did them all!
--
Louise in Iowa
nieland1390@mchsi dot com

Old August 6th 10, 03:39 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Very good, Louise. 83% of 12 = 9.96. Can't do much better than that! I'm
just so proud. Polly

"Louise in Iowa" ...

Old August 6th 10, 01:50 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Louise in Iowa[_2_]

And I even figured it out without having to ask my math major brother!
--
Louise in Iowa
nieland1390@mchsi dot com

Old August 7th 10, 05:32 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy E

Howdy!

If only it were that simple, reducing w/ a photocopier.

....maybe that's why so many people sit on the copier, they're
trying to reduce the size of their butts? (but do they really need
that copier photo of it?)

Good luck!

R/Sandy - currently reading a Miss Read book where one of the
characters is on a "reducing diet"