SIMPLE SHAWL FOLLOW UP

Old June 30th 06, 03:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Default SIMPLE SHAWL FOLLOW UP

Thank you all for your responses to my query. This is
a great group. I just found you yesterday. I will try
the suggested methods and see what happens.
Thankfully yarn is forgiving and if still can't do
this all is not lost. On another note. I've been
home for several months nursing a broken ankle.
So I watch alot of tv now. I found a great knitting
show on DIY network..KNITTY GRITTY. It shows
at 11:30 am here in Ft Laud. so check your local
times. GOOD STUFF.
Old June 30th 06, 05:03 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

On Fri, 30 Jun 2006 10:17:00 -0400, S Schwartz
spewed forth :

Thank you all for your responses to my query. This is
a great group. I just found you yesterday. I will try
the suggested methods and see what happens.
Thankfully yarn is forgiving and if still can't do
this all is not lost. On another note. I've been
home for several months nursing a broken ankle.
So I watch alot of tv now. I found a great knitting
show on DIY network..KNITTY GRITTY. It shows
at 11:30 am here in Ft Laud. so check your local
times. GOOD STUFF.

I broke my arm three summers ago, had my wrist fixed earlier this
year. I was unable to knit for 6 weeks the first time, almost three
weeks the second.

Yesterday I tripped, really did a number on my great toe. I can
hobble about, can't use crutches (see reference to wrist work), so
I'll be spending quite a bit of time on my butt with my foot up. It's
amazing how much knitting I can do when my pat response to "Mom, can
you get me...?" is "sorry, can't get up, foot's on ice, ask your dad
or get it yourself"!

+++++++++++++

Reply to the list as I do not publish an email address to USENET.
This practice has cut my spam by more than 95%.
Of course, I did have to abandon a perfectly good email account...
Old June 30th 06, 05:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

S Schwartz wrote:
Thank you all for your responses to my query. This is
a great group. I just found you yesterday. I will try
the suggested methods and see what happens.
Thankfully yarn is forgiving and if still can't do
this all is not lost. On another note. I've been
home for several months nursing a broken ankle.
So I watch alot of tv now. I found a great knitting
show on DIY network..KNITTY GRITTY. It shows
at 11:30 am here in Ft Laud. so check your local
times. GOOD STUFF.

Knitty Gritty is a great show for the knitters. I watch it when I think
of it.

Welcome to our group, Yow will find a great amount of knowledge covering
most of knitting.

Let us know how you shawl comes out.

Hugs & God bless,
Dennis & Gail
Old June 30th 06, 08:05 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

S Schwartz wrote:
Thank you all for your responses to my query. This is
a great group. I just found you yesterday. I will try
the suggested methods and see what happens.
Thankfully yarn is forgiving and if still can't do
this all is not lost. On another note. I've been
home for several months nursing a broken ankle.
So I watch alot of tv now. I found a great knitting
show on DIY network..KNITTY GRITTY. It shows
at 11:30 am here in Ft Laud. so check your local
times. GOOD STUFF.

Sorry to hear about your ankle, Susan, but what a great excuse to sit
and knit all day! I hope you are feeling better.
Welcome to RCTY - we are a friendly group. But then, you already know
that. don't you?

Higs,
Katherine

Old July 1st 06, 03:56 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

In article , Wooly
wrote:

I broke my arm three summers ago, had my wrist fixed earlier this
year. I was unable to knit for 6 weeks the first time, almost three
weeks the second.

Yesterday I tripped, really did a number on my great toe. I can
hobble about, can't use crutches (see reference to wrist work), so
I'll be spending quite a bit of time on my butt with my foot up. It's
amazing how much knitting I can do when my pat response to "Mom, can
you get me...?" is "sorry, can't get up, foot's on ice, ask your dad
or get it yourself"!

+++++++++++++

Wooly the replies sometimes get a little muddles and the headers do not
always fit the replies.

Is it indeed you who tripped and again you have to sit and can't walk.?
Girl what do you do to get into all these mishaps. Is your toe broken or
just badly twisted.? You certainly are not very lucky. Good time to knit
though....

Take care and watch were you walk....

Els sending a special walking stick over so have a thrid leg to stand
on...and do not fall over so often.

--
Ja for Jazz and cobra loose the rrrrrrrr
Old July 1st 06, 12:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Olwyn Mary

Wooly wrote:

I broke my arm three summers ago, had my wrist fixed earlier this
year. I was unable to knit for 6 weeks the first time, almost three
weeks the second.

Yesterday I tripped, really did a number on my great toe. I can
hobble about, can't use crutches (see reference to wrist work), so
I'll be spending quite a bit of time on my butt with my foot up. It's
amazing how much knitting I can do when my pat response to "Mom, can
you get me...?" is "sorry, can't get up, foot's on ice, ask your dad
or get it yourself"!

If you aren't already doing this, here's another hint. When I had foot
surgery while dh was still working, I set myself up with several kinds
of needlework and reading matter, with the telephone, a large drink and
an ashtray on my side table, AND a container of moist-wipe towelettes
close to hand, so that the only time I had to get up was to go to the
bathroom, and once a day to fetch a lunch.

Olwyn mary in New Orleans.

Old July 2nd 06, 09:26 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Richard Eney

In article ,
Wooly wrote:

Heh, I sprained my toe like nobody's business. I'm pretty sure it
isn't broken, as I *can* move it and I'm able to put more weight on it
today.

I hope you're right.

That's what my sister thought; when it didn't stop hurting after a
month, she had it xrayed and it was broken, and then I think it was
too late to do much but wait for it to heal somehow. If she'd had
it checked right away, they could have strapped it into position to
heal faster and straighter.

If it's hurting less, that's good, but being able to move it doesn't
mean much. It could still be broken.

=Tamar

SIMPLE SHAWL PATTERN KNITKNUT Yarn 11 July 3rd 06 08:45 PM
sewing liner onto knitted wool shawl? sarab Yarn 13 January 31st 06 11:51 PM
Simple Beaded Bookmarks? Lori Greenberg Beads 4 June 20th 04 04:03 AM
Shawl pattern wanted Jenn Vanderslice Yarn 13 February 6th 04 06:44 AM
Ot shawl as present in one day Noreen's Knit*che Yarn 8 December 7th 03 09:51 PM