OT Shoulder Injury - Long

Old August 1st 06, 05:00 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate T.

Default OT Shoulder Injury - Long

I've been suffering with an injured left shoulder for a couple months
now. I finally gave in and went to my family physican about a month
ago. I got the usual meds and told to put it in a sling for a week or
so. I did that. Took the meds as directed and the arm started working
a little but the pain was still there. I thought I had pulled
something and it would heal in a week or two. WRONG!!

I've been very frustrated because I can't sew for more than 15 minutes
a day. W-e-l-l-l-l went to the doctor this morning.

I must tell you my family doctor is a first cousin to Gerald McRaney
the actor. He is a natural blond and has the prettiest blue eyes.

He gently too my left hand, stretched my arm out and proceeded to make
me pee my pants by moving and lifting my arm. He said scar tissue was
building up in my shoulder and he had to rip it loose or my shoulder
would "freeze" in the present position and I would lose use of it. Oh
the pain. He did it again. Got more meds.

Funny thing happened the arm was less painful. Was sitting in a Bingo
game tonight and reached for an ink pen and felt a pop. The scar
tissue that was giving me the most problem finally broke loose. My arm
is working, no pain.

I think I can finish my DWR now. Its a Christmas present. I am doing
the Happy Dance tonight.

Kate T. South Mississippi

Old August 1st 06, 05:17 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther

Soooooo happy for you, Kate. We'll go wake up the gators and do a Happy
Dance in the Swamp. Normally they don't take kindly to being roused but
this is worth the risk. How wonderful. Polly

oups.com...

Old August 1st 06, 11:28 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Estelle Gallagher

Oh thats brilliant.Very pleased for you!
--
Estelle UK
http://uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/gal.../ph//my_photos

oups.com...

Old August 1st 06, 11:33 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Louise

I'm sorry for the pain (and the wet pants!), but glad to hear all is now
well. Who woulda' thunk Bingo could heal you?

--
Louise in Iowa
nieland4 at mchsi dot com

oups.com...

Old August 1st 06, 12:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
joan8904 in Bellevue Nebraska

Been there, done that. (Well, except for the wet pants and bingo.)
I've never felt such pain in my entire life. Congrats on the 'easy'
recovery. Could have been a lot longer and a lot worse.

joan
Louise wrote:
I'm sorry for the pain (and the wet pants!), but glad to hear all is now
well. Who woulda' thunk Bingo could heal you?

--
Louise in Iowa
nieland4 at mchsi dot com

oups.com...

Old August 1st 06, 02:08 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Owie!!! Poor Kate. I've had "frozen shoulder" a few times. I go to
my dear physical therapist- he's one who believes PT shouldn't hurt. I
get an ice pack, some kind of ultrasound thing with heat and very
gentle manipulation. It takes an hour appointment 3 days a week for
two weeks to fix my shoulder, but I don't have pain with the treatment.
Maybe quick and painful is better than slow and taking so long? I'm a
BIG chicken, so I'm going with the slow PT method! LOL

Glad your shoulder is fixed and you can sew again.... however the
"fixing" came about. ;-)

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Old August 1st 06, 04:39 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Butterflywings

That does it! I'm going to go play BINGO every single day for the rest of my
life!!!!! Now to find a place that is NON Smoking....

Butterfly (Relieved that you did NOT have to have any surgery)

oups.com...

Old August 1st 06, 04:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy Foster

In article .com,
"Kate T." wrote:

[...]

OWWWWWWW!! Oh, you poor thing, Kate! I'm *so* glad it's on the mend now!
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1

AKA Dame Sandy, Minister of Education
Old August 1st 06, 06:05 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
TerriLee in WA

Youch!! Poor Kate. Gentle hugs for you, and glad your shoulder is now on
the mend.
--
TerriLee in WA (state)
remove the cats to reply

oups.com...

Old August 1st 06, 06:33 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Debra

On 1 Aug 2006 06:08:37 -0700, "Leslie & The Furbabies in MO."
wrote:

Owie!!! Poor Kate. I've had "frozen shoulder" a few times. I go to
my dear physical therapist- he's one who believes PT shouldn't hurt. I
get an ice pack, some kind of ultrasound thing with heat and very
gentle manipulation. It takes an hour appointment 3 days a week for
two weeks to fix my shoulder, but I don't have pain with the treatment.
Maybe quick and painful is better than slow and taking so long? I'm a
BIG chicken, so I'm going with the slow PT method! LOL

Glad your shoulder is fixed and you can sew again.... however the
"fixing" came about. ;-)

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

I've never had PT that didn't hurt.
Debra in VA