Sterling Silver Snake Chains

Old August 16th 05, 11:07 PM
Charlie

Default Sterling Silver Snake Chains

Ok, someone must have a secret source! Anyone know a place where I can buy
16" or 18" chains for less than £4? I don't mind buying in bulk or having a
minimum order, but the cost of the chain is really putting the price of my
pendants up! I'm after ball chain too. Sources in the UK would be
preferred, but I would buy from abroad if the price was right.

Charlie.

Old August 22nd 05, 07:52 AM
George

Need to know what is the thickness that you are looking for, Quantity, round
or square etc.
George.

Old August 22nd 05, 07:52 AM
Sarit Wolfus

Prices of chains depend of course on their thickness/weight. Still, if
you're talking about thickness 1.2 mm and below, you can indeed find
better prices.
Two of my local Israeli suppliers are "Pasternak Findings" and "Rashbel
Marketing" who have online stores also:
http://www.pasternakfindings.com
http://rashbel.biz/
I know that the latter has a store in London too.
Did you check with Rio Grande and other large US suppliers?

Good luck, and please send us the link to the the best offer you find.
Sarit.
http://sarit-jewelry.com

Charlie wrote:
Ok, someone must have a secret source! Anyone know a place where I can b=

uy
16" or 18" chains for less than =A34? I don't mind buying in bulk or hav=

ing a
minimum order, but the cost of the chain is really putting the price of my
pendants up! I'm after ball chain too. Sources in the UK would be
preferred, but I would buy from abroad if the price was right.
=20
Charlie.

Old August 22nd 05, 07:53 AM
Nicola Callow

burhouse in yorkshire
+ the more you buy the cheaper they get both sizes are under =A33
(but it does depend on the thickness)
There is a "Thin" snake chain that they do which is Ok for most
pendants
Cheers
Nicola

Old August 22nd 05, 07:53 AM

Charlie,
I get mine from www.silvernecklaces.com Excellent prices, great
service. It is in the US though.

Karin
(don't use the email addy, I won't get it)

Old August 22nd 05, 07:53 AM
Andy Webber

Charlie wrote:

Ok, someone must have a secret source! Anyone know a place where I can buy
16" or 18" chains for less than £4? I don't mind buying in bulk or having a
minimum order, but the cost of the chain is really putting the price of my
pendants up! I'm after ball chain too. Sources in the UK would be
preferred, but I would buy from abroad if the price was right.

Charlie.

Rashbel in Hatton Wall, London http://www.rashbel.biz/. Ready made chains or
all the bits to make your own. The exact lengths can be a bit variable as they
sometimes change supplier. Ready made snake chains were a tad under £4 each
inc VAT bought as individuals for the last batch I bought (receipts not
readily available I'm afraid).

Their website isn't the best, nor is their old printed catalogue. But the
staff are helpful if you avoid the really busy times (lunchtime as I recall).
They have been through a recent management change and promise a better website
and catalogue. Let's see what they have at IJL London
http://www.jewellerylondon.com/

Just a customer and all that.

Andy

Old August 23rd 05, 05:37 AM
William Black

"Charlie" wrote in message
Ok, someone must have a secret source! Anyone know a place here I can

buy
16" or 18" chains for less than £4? I don't mind buying in bulk or having
minimum order, but the cost of the chain is really putting the price of my
pendants up! I'm after ball chain too. Sources in the UK would be
preferred, but I would buy from abroad if the price was right.

CME in Leicester.

They have snake chains from less than £1 each.

--
William Black

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe
Barbeques on fire by chalets past the headland
I've watched the gift shops glitter in the darkness off Newborough
All this will pass like ice-cream on the beach
Time for tea